Options

Seattle night 1

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
Great show! I thought the whole band did great and Chris's vocals haven't seemed to age a bit!! No Eddie appearance for anyone wondering. A couple in the row behind me left right after hunger strike because they were upset Eddie didn't show up. Two tickets that could have gone to a real fan. Bummer to see that.

Amazing show and vibe in Seattle!

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    riley540 said:

Great show! I thought the whole band did great and Chris's vocals haven't seemed to age a bit!! No Eddie appearance for anyone wondering. A couple in the row behind me left right after hunger strike because they were upset Eddie didn't show up. Two tickets that could have gone to a real fan. Bummer to see that.

For shame!!!
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    riley540 said:

So funny..why do most people have to see Eddie? I don't get it.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Wma31394 said:

riley540 said:

So funny..why do most people have to see Eddie? I don't get it.
    I agree. Obviously Ed is a big deal but this isn't a Pearl Jam show. Would be great for him to show up but not a huge deal either way.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    That show didn't need Eddie Vedder at all! Un-fucking-believable from beginning to end!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    After seeing Philly 1, I think it was better that Ed didn't show.

Sure, Hunger Strike would have been awesome, but nothing else was lacking that night - it really was a perfect evening, and I think if Ed was there he would have overshadowed Chris.

It's too bad some people can't appreciate how great these shows are, but hey....... it's their loss!
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Man, I am jealous! Anyone have a line on a single for tonight's show? I would be sooo happy.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    glennb2112glennb2112 memphis Posts: 247
    Lukin66 said:

Man, I am jealous! Anyone have a line on a single for tonight's show? I would be sooo happy.

there is a thread where someone is looking for a ticket "partner"
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Yeah, I saw, I just can't afford Stubhub prices.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    AMAZING show last night!!! Had second row on the floor seats on Mike's side!!! insanely awesome show! Thank you TOTD and10C!!
  • Options
    aNiMaL said:

AMAZING show last night!!! Had second row on the floor seats on Mike's side!!! insanely awesome show! Thank you TOTD and10C!!

I bet that was awesome down there!! I was up in the balcony and even up there, everyone was on their feet. Not a bad seat in the house!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347

That show didn't need Eddie Vedder at all! Un-fucking-believable from beginning to end!

I couldn't believe a few people screaming for Ed between EVERY SONG after hunger strike... but still was only like 2 people and overall wasn't as bad with the "Ed chant" as I was worried. Crowd kicked the ass of any other Seattle crowd I've been in
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    My thoughts are, the whole night is pretty much a celebration of Andrew wood. Cornell talked about him in between songs and stuff. Eddie vedder didn't want to upstage the shows in any way. I could be way off base. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I hope Ed doesn't show up. It's appropriate in my opinion. All you fan boys and fan girls need to relax on it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I hope Ed doesn't show up. It's appropriate in my opinion. All you fan boys and fan girls need to relax on it.

100% agree. I was there last night and didn't miss Ed for one second. It was an amazing experience and celebration of Andy. Ed would have been nothing but a massive distraction.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

100% agree. I was there last night and didn't miss Ed for one second. It was an amazing experience and celebration of Andy. Ed would have been nothing but a massive distraction.
    I loved the show!! But I must say, it's a bit weird st first seeing Pearl Jam with s different singer. Haha! I had to adjust!!
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    Was at the first Philly show and agree that Ed showing up would've been a distraction. I was a little disappointed initially when they broke into Hungerstrike halfway through the 1st set without him, but I think ultimately it was better off that he wasn't there. Agree with others above that the show/set is kind of a celebration of Andrew Wood, not the guy who sang backup vocals on the song they made the video for.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    sak300zxsak300zx Posts: 720

I couldn't believe a few people screaming for Ed between EVERY SONG after hunger strike... but still was only like 2 people and overall wasn't as bad with the "Ed chant" as I was worried. Crowd kicked the ass of any other Seattle crowd I've been in
    I felt the same way about the MSG show. The TOTD crowd was much more into the show than the PJ crowds recently at MSG. There was legitimate head banging going on !!!
    www.Collectionzz.com