Options

Name that Tune, Please

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
A place for you describe a song that is stuck in your head and you just can't remember what is is,
Or you heard a snippet on the radio and just can't quite place it,
Or similar stuff and nonsense.

I'll start:

I was in a store today and heard this song that sound quite a bit like Jim Morrison singing but the singer used the term "negro" which I though was strange and the little guitar solo bit sounded like what I'm guessing was the way Robbie Krieger might have been playing when he was 12. Any ideas? Name that song (if you can), please. Thanks!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Was he reciting part of the lyrics? On The WASP Texas Radio and the Big Beat, he uses the word Negro, which was still pretty anachronistic at the time.

https://youtu.be/YmpAIQyKogs
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773

Was he reciting part of the lyrics? On The WASP Texas Radio and the Big Beat, he uses the word Negro, which was still pretty anachronistic at the time.

https://youtu.be/YmpAIQyKogs

Pretty sure that's the one Who Princess- nicely done and thank you!

I love the doors (have all their records) but every now and then they put out a song that from me always gets the skip button or jumping up to move the needle to the next set of grooves. This must be one of them. I'll have to give L.A. Woman a listen again sometime because I know it has some excellent material on it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.