Options

Which PJ drummer(s) you'd like to be inducted into the HOF?

PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
edited October 2016 in The Porch
NB:

Krusen is currently the drummer for Candlebox.

On March 27, 2014, Chamberlain made his debut drumming for Soundgarden, the first of a string of live shows on the Lollapalooza tour in South America. The band's drummer and friend of Chamberlain, Matt Cameron announced that he would not be touring with the band in 2014, due to prior commitments promoting Pearl Jam's album Lightning Bolt.

Abbruzzese is currently [clarification needed] on the IMF tour with Jara Harris, Stevie Salas, and Bernard Fowler.

Irons was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers on April 14, 2012. Irons, along with former drummer Cliff Martinez, joined the band onstage for the first time in 24 years for a performance of their 1991 hit, "Give It Away". Irons will be an opening act in 2017 for the Chili Peppers on The Getaway World Tour.
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Which PJ drummer(s) you'd like to be inducted into the HOF? 94 votes

Matt Cameron / Dave Krusen
54%
ledveddermanmcgruff10igotid88pjalive21100 PacerForce Of Naturepjpitt89tunodamaiHollisBrownlolobugghrd2imgnRoeghmannPeasant TentsNo Coderdroptheleash9PA JammerpledgeagrievanceKV4053Empty GlassSmellyman 51 votes
Matt Chamberlain
0%
Dave Abbruzzese
40%
Jimmydean55my_waveNewJPageBelieveYouMejerseyjammer1bosshogg18ski-bumMUZIKGardenpartyTWHoltBantcharleswiseTHE LOOKstevedKP_McMinnsurforiamcnuttCB6978radarJoey Eakins 38 votes
Jack Irons
5%
mrluthor9MoonpigCJ23113Gtilley8gotahardhardhead 5 votes
Post edited by Pap on

Comments

• Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Dave Abbruzzese
    The poll wouldn't let me vote for all of the drummers that I wanted to....

Dave Krusen .. Right place... Right time (Should he be rewarded for being on the album "Ten" and being the first guy?) Sure, Why Not!

Matt Chamberlain... Can't say I feel he deserves the induction for his interim contribution..

Dave Abbruzzese... He for me was the live "Sound" that Pearl Jam became known for.. Raw power, intensity, intricate hardware and dynamics... The best drummer for those songs that anyone has ever played....

Jack Irons - Amazing Creative Studio Drummer - Came along at a time where the band needed him and their style was evolving.

Matt Cameron - Most well rounded drummer, in my opinion.. been with them for almost 20 years now and is family to them.. May not have the intensity and power of Dave A, or some of the Tribal feel of Jack but hard hitting consistent and understands what the band wants and needs from him. Also sings more backing vocals then anyone and does a great job!
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I can't really vote because I'd vote for Dave K., Dave A., Jack, and Matt C.

Dave K because he drummed on Ten (1/3rd of PJ's most popular/influential albums). I'd vote Dave A. because he drummed on the other 2 of PJ's most popular influential albums (and did the touring for Ten/Vs.). I'd vote Jack because even Jack drummed/toured on two platinum selling albums. Matt C. because he's the rock. He might not have drummed on PJ's most popular/influential albums but he's been there for 18 years, and has now drummed on half they're studio albums. I pretty much think everyone but Chamberlain should get in.

The sad thing is if someone told me to take one off my list it might actually be Matt. Not because he's not awesome, but because I think PJ's legacy was widely cemented in the early years. Binaurual/Riot Act/Avacodo/Backspacer/Lightning Bolt don't nearly have the impact that Ten/Vs./Vitalogy had on the music world. The later work is much more more insular. It's widely known (and appreciated) by PJ fans, but not amongst the general masses.

When they didn't induct modern members of KISS I argued up, down, and sideways that those members didn't impact the legacy of what KISS was getting voted in for. It was they're earlier albums with the original lineup that made them influential. KISS would of gotten into the hall of fame regardless if they were still touring, and regardless if those new members had joined. I think PJ's legacy was mostly cemented by 1998 and there was no stopping it.

I still think the 4 drummers should get inducted though. Even my comments on Matt are mixed. I think he should get inducted. 18 years and 5 albums is a huge tenure. It's just that if only of some of them could, I think it should be the ones with the biggest impact.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Zod said:

Dave K because he drummed on Ten (1/3rd of PJ's most popular/influential albums). I'd vote Dave A. because he drummed on the other 2 of PJ's most popular influential albums (and did the touring for Ten/Vs.). I'd vote Jack because even Jack drummed/toured on two platinum selling albums. Matt C. because he's the rock. He might not have drummed on PJ's most popular/influential albums but he's been there for 18 years, and has now drummed on half they're studio albums. I pretty much think everyone but Chamberlain should get in.

The sad thing is if someone told me to take one off my list it might actually be Matt. Not because he's not awesome, but because I think PJ's legacy was widely cemented in the early years. Binaurual/Riot Act/Avacodo/Backspacer/Lightning Bolt don't nearly have the impact that Ten/Vs./Vitalogy had on the music world. The later work is much more more insular. It's widely known (and appreciated) by PJ fans, but not amongst the general masses.

When they didn't induct modern members of KISS I argued up, down, and sideways that those members didn't impact the legacy of what KISS was getting voted in for. It was they're earlier albums with the original lineup that made them influential. KISS would of gotten into the hall of fame regardless if they were still touring, and regardless if those new members had joined. I think PJ's legacy was mostly cemented by 1998 and there was no stopping it.

I still think the 4 drummers should get inducted though. Even my comments on Matt are mixed. I think he should get inducted. 18 years and 5 albums is a huge tenure. It's just that if only of some of them could, I think it should be the ones with the biggest impact.

Matt drummed on the original demo and TOTD, though.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    steved said:

The poll wouldn't let me vote for all of the drummers that I wanted to....

Dave Krusen .. Right place... Right time (Should he be rewarded for being on the album "Ten" and being the first guy?) Sure, Why Not!

Matt Chamberlain... Can't say I feel he deserves the induction for his interim contribution..

Dave Abbruzzese... He for me was the live "Sound" that Pearl Jam became known for.. Raw power, intensity, intricate hardware and dynamics... The best drummer for those songs that anyone has ever played....

Jack Irons - Amazing Creative Studio Drummer - Came along at a time where the band needed him and their style was evolving.

Matt Cameron - Most well rounded drummer, in my opinion.. been with them for almost 20 years now and is family to them.. May not have the intensity and power of Dave A, or some of the Tribal feel of Jack but hard hitting consistent and understands what the band wants and needs from him. Also sings more backing vocals then anyone and does a great job!

I'm on board with this..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Zod said:

Matt drummed on the original demo and TOTD, though.
    2 of the songs ended up on Ten, but the version everyone heard was with Dave K. behind the skins. I personally find it awesome how it came full circle for PJ and Matt C., but objectively it was Dave K.'s drumming that the world has listening too over and over and over and over again. ToTD is a different band. It would be awesome if they got nominated one day. I always thought there's amazing nomination prospects. Matt C. can get in for PJ, Soundgarden, and ToTD. Cornell could get in for Soundgarden, ToTD, Audioslave, and his Solo Career. Those guys get around :)
  • Options
    Dave Abbruzzese
    Do you think any of these drummers (besides Cameron) still get paid for album sales? And when PJ plays a song like Angel at Fenway which was co-written by Dave A, do you think he gets any cut from Fenway bootleg sales?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013

Do you think any of these drummers (besides Cameron) still get paid for album sales? And when PJ plays a song like Angel at Fenway which was co-written by Dave A, do you think he gets any cut from Fenway bootleg sales?

I don't know how royalties work for live bootlegs, but I cant imagine they give out royalties for every cover they do. They often do 3-4 covers in a show, and every show is now released. That's a royalty nightmare.
    I would imagine they would have to receive something for studio albums that they performed on though, and have writing credit.
    But then again, like I said, I have no idea how these things work.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I don't know how royalties work for live bootlegs, but I cant imagine they give out royalties for every cover they do. They often do 3-4 covers in a show, and every show is now released. That's a royalty nightmare.
    I would imagine they would have to receive something for studio albums that they performed on though, and have writing credit.
    I guess it depends on if he has a good company collecting his royalties. the word on the street was the reason that Temple boots will never be officially released because of the problem clearing the covers- esp the Zeppelin covers. I know Dave A has probably been living off his VS. publishing for a long time now. he got songwriting credit on almost all of the those songs.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    Every member of a band should be inducted unless who ever controls the band decides some member should be exluded.

Don't see the point of the RnR HoF cherrypicking a bands history and DNA.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I don't think you need permission to do covers, but I'm pretty sure there are standard royalties in place. I don't think you can record live albums and fill them full of covers, and not compensate the rights owners/composers. It's America - Copyright is king :) As per my first sentence I do remember reading somewhere that you can cover other peoples work, but you do pay royalties for it (and permission may not be required).
  • Options

Every member of a band should be inducted unless who ever controls the band decides some member should be exluded.

I disagree with your first statement and agree with the 2nd one. At the heart of it I agree with the theme that the band members who were most influential should get inducted. I interpret this as the band members during the time the band was at its apex and had the most influence should be inducted. To me this would include people like Dave A. To me the reason it should be this way is we now see a lot of bands that keep touring past their prime (ahem KISS). Half the band has been replaced. The replacements haven't help create any influential albums, and they're basically touring musicians. I don't really thinking touring musicians (even if they did participate on a crappy album) should be inducted.

Bands make it to the RRoH because at some point they were big, epic, lots of people listening to them, and they influenced those people. Those are the people that should be inducted. Not the people who joined as touring musicians way late in the bands career. It's why I agree with the RROH about KISS. Those new guys, even though they've been in the band 10 years, have never been part of anything influential. KISS's legacy was cemented with the early work. The new guys had absolutely nothing to do with them getting into the RROH. KISS could of broken up 15 years ago, and they'd still have gotten in.
  • Options
    Zod said:

I disagree with your first statement and agree with the 2nd one. At the heart of it I agree with the theme that the band members who were most influential should get inducted. I interpret this as the band members during the time the band was at its apex and had the most influence should be inducted. To me this would include people like Dave A. To me the reason it should be this way is we now see a lot of bands that keep touring past their prime (ahem KISS). Half the band has been replaced. The replacements haven't help create any influential albums, and they're basically touring musicians. I don't really thinking touring musicians (even if they did participate on a crappy album) should be inducted.

Bands make it to the RRoH because at some point they were big, epic, lots of people listening to them, and they influenced those people. Those are the people that should be inducted. Not the people who joined as touring musicians way late in the bands career. It's why I agree with the RROH about KISS. Those new guys, even though they've been in the band 10 years, have never been part of anything influential. KISS's legacy was cemented with the early work. The new guys had absolutely nothing to do with them getting into the RROH. KISS could of broken up 15 years ago, and they'd still have gotten in.
    Was pretty much my thoughts. Except I was thinking Van Halen instead of KISS. Most recent VH song with any level of importance was "Right Now" (and I'm suddenly craving a Crystal Pepsi), and nothing with that dude from Extreme who I cant even think of his name right now. And he wasn't included in the RRHoH.

But then who does make those decisions? Current band members with bad feelings toward their former bandmates? The RRHoH?
    Dave K should be in for his role on 10. Dave A was on Vs and much of Vitalogy and a lot of people here is their favorite drummer. Jack in my mind is the only questionable one for me. Not that he wasn't a great drummer, but those were the years that PJ fell a little. I remember still seeing tickets for sale at the box office when I was in line to get my 10c tickets at shows. I'd still like to see him in, but if I had to chose one not to make it it'd have to be him. Matt has now been with them 20 years and put out some good music with them, and during their revival now that tickets are hard to come by and sell out in minutes again.
  • Options
    I remember still seeing tickets for sale at the box office when I was in line to get my 10c tickets at shows

wha wha WHAT???
    you must've missed the 95 and 96 tours.......

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited March 2017
    lolobugg said:

I remember still seeing tickets for sale at the box office when I was in line to get my 10c tickets at shows

wha wha WHAT???
    First show for me was 1998, sold out in 28 minutes I think. In 2000 and 2002 tickets were still available while I was in line to get my 10c tix. I think by 2006 they were selling out again, but not as fast as they sell out today.
    Stupid boycott prevented me from seeing them before 1998, but they were still selling out then.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

lolobugg said:

wha wha WHAT???
    First show for me was 1998, sold out in 28 minutes I think. In 2000 and 2002 tickets were still available while I was in line to get my 10c tix. I think by 2006 they were selling out again, but not as fast as they sell out today.
    Stupid boycott prevented me from seeing them before 1998, but they were still selling out then.
    I thought you were talking about Jack.
    Matt was the drummer on the 2000 and 2002 tours.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited March 2017
    lolobugg said:

mace1229 said:

lolobugg said:

wha wha WHAT???
    I thought you were talking about Jack.
    Matt was the drummer on the 2000 and 2002 tours.
    I know Matt was the drummer for 98 on, but there was a definite decline in demand beginning with No Code. I guess I wasn't very clear. At least from my experience, PJs demand and popularity seemed to decline rapidly from No Code until about Avocado. Now they seem as big as when 10 or vs came out (in terms of overall popularity anyway, not album sales). So if I was going purely on who was involved during the peaks of the career, Jack would have to be last.
    Doesn't mean No Code is my least favorite album or that Jack is my least favorite drummer.
    But I hope he'd be included.

If they broke up in 2002 I'd say Matt would be in that position, but after 20 years they are back on top again.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    I don't think they are as popular as in the Ten/Vs/Vitalogy days. I think shows sell out fast for other reasons. Mainly the tours are small and their fan base is old enough to have disposable income. Thus the natural solution is many of the fans now travel to PJ instead of PJ travelling to them. It really ramps up demand for shows :)

I don't think I talked to anyone from Chicago at the Wrigley shows (except my friends I guess, but they only live their temporarily). I go to Vancouver shows (including Pemberton) and lots of people are from Washington state. I go to a Seattle show and no one I talk to is from Seattle. Pearl Jam's small tours have created mobile fandom which ramps up demand for the 20 or so shows they do play. Especially in the US NorthWest where it's easier to travel because there's so many big cities close together.

I don't really find PJ is any more popular now than when No Code came out. I still get the same thing. Either people ask me "they're still around", "I hate them", or "awesome I like them too!".. lol
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    Zod said:

Most of my friends would say the same about Pearl Jam.

And which members that are important enough or what records are the basis for the legacy is, to me, irrelevant.

Just induct THE BAND. KISS IS INDUCTED. PERIOD:

And then Kiss can decide who to bring to the ceremony and who they think are worthy to be included or whatever.

Why should The HoF even meddle in that.

"And the Life time Achievement Oscar goes to Meryl Streep. But only for your 1974 to 1996. We don't like anything you've done after Bridges of Madison County."

Just induct PEARL JAM. Thats all. The band Pearl Jam.

Whoever walks up to accept the award, would be up to the band.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    only matt cameron or all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    All of them. The band as a whole is being inducted. Everyone who has been part of the band should be inducted. As for who plays the show, who accepts the award, etc., those are trickier questions. Feels like that has to be decided by the current lineup.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited March 2017
    Dave Abbruzzese
    All inducted....Matt Cameron plays entire show. (Ignore my poll choice)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

All of them. The band as a whole is being inducted. Everyone who has been part of the band should be inducted. As for who plays the show, who accepts the award, etc., those are trickier questions. Feels like that has to be decided by the current lineup.

I guess we can all feel differently. Given the number of bands that tour with replacement musicians who are just there to keep the touring engine going. If it's someone like Bryan Johnson.. absolutely because he made just as many legendary ac/dc albums as Bon Scott. If it's guys that really didn't have anything to do with the reason the bands being inducted... not really. To me there's a big difference between someone like Bryan Johnson getting inducted with AC/DC and someone like Gary Cherone not being inducted with Van Halen :) I think the people that created the body of work causing the induction should be inducted. I absolutely agree that that RROF mucks this up, because they don't even really follow their own influential arugment.

I suppose Spiritual_Chaos' suggestion of inducting the band and not the members isn't a bad one. Then again it could get ugly as so many bands had bad splits and replaced core members with touring musicians. Could lead to arguments over who shows up on stage etc...

It's all moot anyways. Big rock n' roll bands started to dissapear after the mid 90s. After the Foo Fighters get inducted the pickings are going to become much more slim. So really changing it at this point isn't going to have much impact.
  • Options
    Zod said:

JimmyV said:

I guess we can all feel differently. Given the number of bands that tour with replacement musicians who are just there to keep the touring engine going. If it's someone like Bryan Johnson.. absolutely because he made just as many legendary ac/dc albums as Bon Scott. If it's guys that really didn't have anything to do with the reason the bands being inducted... not really. To me there's a big difference between someone like Bryan Johnson getting inducted with AC/DC and someone like Gary Cherone not being inducted with Van Halen :) I think the people that created the body of work causing the induction should be inducted. I absolutely agree that that RROF mucks this up, because they don't even really follow their own influential arugment.

I suppose Spiritual_Chaos' suggestion of inducting the band and not the members isn't a bad one. Then again it could get ugly as so many bands had bad splits and replaced core members with touring musicians. Could lead to arguments over who shows up on stage etc...

It's all moot anyways. Big rock n' roll bands started to dissapear after the mid 90s. After the Foo Fighters get inducted the pickings are going to become much more slim. So really changing it at this point isn't going to have much impact.
    I've thought the same before. But then the RRHOF inducts a lot of non-rock n' roll bands. They seem to include more pop and hip-hop every year. So they will just have to continue to go in that direction. its more of a Music Hall of Fame than RRHOF.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Dave Abbruzzese
    Lots of late1980s/1990s "rock" bands have a shot or should be considered...
    Jane's Addiction, Stone Roses, NIN, AIC, Soundgarden, Pumpkins, Rage, Foos, Beck, and Oasis all deserve serious consideration (i.e., at the very least a nomination) while Radiohead's induction is a no brainer.