Options

Pick Your Luxury

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,725
edited October 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Kind of like "Would You Rather" only rather specific. Which luxury scenario would you choose if you could only have one of these ways to go.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Pick Your Luxury 17 votes

Have any kind and amount of food but ONLY basic shelter and clothing and very limited book, records, etc.
23%
Jason PHesCalledDyerrgambsSmallestOceans 4 votes
Have a big fancy house with all the bells and whisltes but only basic food, clothing, books, records, etc.
17%
darwinstheorybootlegger10jeff2040 3 votes
Have any and all the clothes and shoes you want but very limited/basic all of the others above.
5%
mookeywrench 1 vote
Have any and all the books and records, CD's etc. you ever want but only the basic everything else above.
52%
InHiding80MalrothdankindbrianluxhauntingfamiliarPJ_Soul23scidooPearl34JamEchoesOnMars 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Have any and all the books and records, CD's etc. you ever want but only the basic everything else above.
    Feed my spirit..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Feed my spirit..

I'm right there with you, scidoo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Have any kind and amount of food but ONLY basic shelter and clothing and very limited book, records, etc.
    As long as I have a guitar and a few harmonicas I can get by on music, and I only need 1 book, the Norton Anthology of English Literature volume 2, and volume 1 as well if I can have 2 books.

Give me fresh organic fruit and vegetables all year round, wholesome meat and cheese, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    23scidoo said:

Feed my spirit..

Indeed
  • Options
    rgambs said:

As long as I have a guitar and a few harmonicas I can get by on music, and I only need 1 book, the Norton Anthology of English Literature volume 2, and volume 1 as well if I can have 2 books.

Give me fresh organic fruit and vegetables all year round, wholesome meat and cheese, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.

DIY and eat to your hearts content. I can see some advantages there, for sure. I would miss the music diversity but if I had to, I suppose I could learn enough new things on guitar to entertain. But my greatest appetite is for music and books!

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    Have a big fancy house with all the bells and whisltes but only basic food, clothing, books, records, etc.
    I like the fancy house. Never know what the future holds. Something horrible happens, u can sell the house to help...I guess unless I was loaded with PJ vinyl. Then I could sell that off to you nuts for primo cash. :sunglasses:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Easiest poll ever, because it's not too terribly far from my reality. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    That food thing scares me though. Baked beans and mashed potatoes will get old quick
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm not big on possessions. Quality over quantity. I am definitely a foodie, though!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Malroth said:

That food thing scares me though. Baked beans and mashed potatoes will get old quick

Yeah, but don't forget about pasta and Ramen noodles, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes, food is great! I love all kinds of food. But oddly enough, I don't mind basic and simple food. As much as I love a good, tasty, unusual meal, when the choice is more time spent cooking or more for books/music, I'm doing the latter. When my wife met me I basically ate the same things everyday. She couldn't believe it. I told her, "But look, it's quick, easy, fast and fairly healthy- no fast food, not to much junk food." Left to my own devices, that's probably all we would eat all the time.

• Options
    On second thoughts, i'm gonna miss food..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I can't choose between the books, records and etc. and the food. Love a good meal and a good book while listening to music. Not possible for me to separate them.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    Have any and all the clothes and shoes you want but very limited/basic all of the others above.
    Food, I'm a eat to live person
    Home, not a fan of maintenance and upkeep, which only gets worse as the house gets larger.
    Music books etc.- there's streaming available for what you can't have.

Just leaves clothes and shoes by process of elimination.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I'm okay with basic food as long as it's organic. I avoid regular stores for Sprouts and Trader Joe's.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    If I could have any amount of food I wanted, I would start a farmers market with my basic folding table and build an EMPIRE where I could then buy my fancy house with it's own library and recording studio and in-house tailor.

I WOULD RULE THE WORLD!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

If I could have any amount of food I wanted, I would start a farmers market with my basic folding table and build an EMPIRE where I could then buy my fancy house with it's own library and recording studio and in-house tailor.

I WOULD RULE THE WORLD!

Haha! Can't beat that!