Options

My PJ story

I was 12-13 years old when Ten came out and a huge fan. My mom lived at Wrightville Beach, NC and I was in to surfing and skating and the music hit home. I continued listening to PJ for a few more years but became obcessed with Widespread Panic, Phish, and the Grateful Dead later on in high school and college and kind of stopped listening to PJ during that time. (Yeah...I know...huge mistake). I missed so many great shows around here when they came to the south east. Anyway, a few years ago I went to Red Box one night and rented the movie Out Of The Furnice. Release Me is part of that soundtrack and it immediately brought me full circle. I have jumped back on the PJ train big time. They are and have been my favorite band since then. I bought tickets for the 2014 Memphis show which could be one the best set lists ever but due to work couldn't make the show. So this past year I had tickets to the Raleigh show and one of my good buddies booked his flight and was coming down from NY to crash with me and we were heading to the show...we all know how that turned out. We were bummed out but I told to come on down anyway and that we were going to postpone his return flight and go to Columbia, SC for the show. Thank God we did. It was my first PJ show and it was a hell of show. Being recently divorced I decided I was going to make the best of the situation so I also made it to both Boston shows as well as both Wrigley shows this year. Kind of felt like I had to make up for all of the shows around here that I foolishly missed over the last 20 years. Anyway, sorry for the random story but these guys are just so great. Is there a better medicine for life's hard times than great music? No Way (one of my favorite songs...sorry that wasn't planned). I know it sounds kind of cheesy but the line in Ederly Woman Behind The Counter "Never dreamed you'de return but now here you are and here I am" puts a big fucking grin on my face. Cheers! Here's to hoping PJ comes back to NC and plays a killer, long show making up for the cancelled one a few months ago.

Comments

• Options
    Here's also to the long shot of hearing them play Falling Down one day. Hey, I heard Angel in Boston...
  • Options
    thomascozartthomascozart NC Posts: 17
    edited September 2016
    Here is the coolest picture I took in Chicago. If I remember correctly it was inside Bleachers or one of the bars right beside Wrigley.
    scroll down. There is another one you can check out from my Boston trip too.
    Post edited by thomascozart on
  • Options
    thomascozartthomascozart NC Posts: 17
    edited September 2016
    Scroll down.
    Post edited by thomascozart on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Cool story. Hope you get to see a lot of shows in the future to make up for that 'lost' time
  • Options
    Great story man! I love to see how others connect through the music. Keep on keeping on!

Chicago, IL/ Wrigley July 2013
    Worcester, MA Oct 2013
    Boston, MA Fenway #2 Aug. 2016
    Boston, MA Fenway #1 Sept 2018
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Welcome (back) to the obsession. Seeing them perform live is addicting. Start saving your money for whenever, wherever the next tour is (there is always a next tour). :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    :clap:
    Love hearing from a fellow loon. Glad you are here TC!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Get in line with the rest of the junkies.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit