Options

What's up with the Wrigley boots?

booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
Any idea what the "psst..." means in the newsletter? Gorge-like package? Vinyl release?

Comments

• Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    They're developing new technology that will download all three Wrigley shows directly into our heads, so if someone says "Pearl Jam Wrigley" we're immediately transported and we zone out for 8 hours while we're treated to every moment. We'll never be productive again, but it'll be irresistible bliss.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    nope were all speculating. Maybe a bluray/dvd/cd release or something?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Vinyl would be cool...maybe a selection of 15-20 songs from the 4 wrigley shows? Who knows?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    mfc2006 said:

Vinyl would be cool...maybe a selection of 15-20 songs from the 4 wrigley shows? Who knows?

I'd be cool with this but hope they also release the full boots on CD/download. The audience recordings sound decent enough on my sound system but are terrible on my headphones.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'll be pissed if they do something special for the Wrigley shows but not Fenway. Why aren't the Fenway shows or those who attended them worthy of a special release?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

I'll be pissed if they do something special for the Wrigley shows but not Fenway. Why aren't the Fenway shows or those who attended them worthy of a special release?

Ed has a special connection with Chicago - that's the best I've got.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    We all know Ed's connection with the Cubs and Wrigley, there's nothing to be pissed at.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Ed hates bostonians, and it's a seething, personal hatred.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Bet it started when he watched the movie The Departed...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Ed has a special connection with Chicago - that's the best I've got.
    Yep, born in Evanston and loves the Cubs.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I totally understand the Chicago connection and ain't even mad about it.

However it does seem rather silly that they'd go through the process of filming the Fenway show(s), show it to 10C members the following night, and not release it. You have to imagine that somehow, some way, the Fenway shows will get a DVD release too.
  • Options

However it does seem rather silly that they'd go through the process of filming the Fenway show(s), show it to 10C members the following night, and not release it. You have to imagine that somehow, some way, the Fenway shows will get a DVD release too.

They filmed all their shows this tour and most likely none will see the light of day...

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

Definitely this ^
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359

You'll really be pissed about that?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options

I think they used Boston as a test run.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848

That's not true. Let's hope 10club is able to release Fenway's Night 1 show on DVD / Blu-ray exclusively here. For them to do a special screening at the House of Blues in Boston was pretty freaking sweet!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

That's not true. Let's hope 10club is able to release Fenway's Night 1 show on DVD / Blu-ray exclusively here. For them to do a special screening at the House of Blues in Boston was pretty freaking sweet!
    He was joking
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    I would assume a DVD release...they are due for something like that and with Ed's connection to Chicago I mean why not
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921

The Fenway shows were perfectly mixed and released within weeks. I'm thankful for that and quite happy to not be waiting for a deluxe release.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    I know. But I really want a DVD and Blu-ray of Fenway Park. Fenway shows were much better then Wrigley, performance wise. :p
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    I know. But I really want a DVD and Blu-ray of Fenway Park. Fenway shows were much better then Wrigley, performance wise. :p
    I don't understand the need of so many Fenway attendees to poop on the Wrigley shows. Are they trying to reshape their own memories and convince themselves they were at legendary shows? What is the motive?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    Sarava said:

demetrios said:

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    I don't understand the need of so many Fenway attendees to poop on the Wrigley shows. Are they trying to reshape their own memories and convince themselves they were at legendary shows? What is the motive?
    This entire tour was legendary.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

Why didn't they do something special for the 2009 United Center show they filmed. I'm pissed!!!!! I'm not worthy!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Seems pretty obvious a wrigley dvd is coming eventually... maybe as part of some type of boxset... but what do I know?

Some of you people are too damn funny
  • Options

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    Yes it was! This is the first tour I've actually contemplated buying a bootleg box set.. if they make one.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    Yes it was! This is the first tour I've actually contemplated buying a bootleg box set.. if they make one.
  • Options

i'm super pissed about that london ontario show. i win again
  • Options

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    Well said!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Sarava said:

demetrios said:

Sarava said:

demetrios said:

He was joking
    I feel like Wrigley and Fenway people have gone back and forth with both giving as good as they got. Mostly playful banter, but some less so.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166

The film a lot of shows. Yet the last live Pearl Jam dvd was Imagine in Cornice. I'm still waiting for Gorge '05 to get a bluray/dvd :) Not to mention that moore show from '92. Where all the footage in pj20 was in HD, and it left you wondering if the whole show was filmed on film. A throwback show in HD would be epic!