Options

Republic Records & Stardog Records announce strategic partnership! Reissue of Mother Love Bone!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
edited August 2016 in The Porch
http://www.republicrecords.com/republic-records-stardog-records-announce-strategic-partnership

Republic Partners With Stardog Records

Legendary rock n roll label, Stardog Records, has joined the Republic family as part of a strategic partnership.

Stardog Records has a rich history in Rock & Roll and was originally created as an imprint for Seattle based glam-rock band Mother Love Bone’s music after the band signed with the Polygram subsidiary Mercury Records in 1989. Mother Love Bone members Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament would later join Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready to form Pearl Jam, one of the most critically acclaimed rock bands in history.

The first releases to come of the partnership include the soundtrack for the highly anticipated Showtime series, Roadies — created by Academy Award® winner Cameron Crowe — as well as the full-length debut album from rising rock artist Reignwolf, who will also make an appearance in Roadies where he’ll preview his new single “Hardcore”.

Give a big welcome to Stardog Records!
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/RepublicRecords/view/154115/?isword=y

NEW MUSIC FROM REIGNWOLF & ROADIES OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM ARRIVING SOON

NEW YORK, NY (June 15, 2016) – Republic Records has announced a new strategic partnership with Stardog Records. Stardog Records has a rich history in Rock & Roll and was originally created as an imprint for Seattle based glam-rock band Mother Love Bone's music after the band signed with the Polygram subsidiary Mercury Records in 1989. Mother Love Bone members Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament would later join Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready to form Pearl Jam, one of the most critically acclaimed rock bands in history.

The first releases to come of the partnership include the soundtrack for the highly anticipated Showtime series, Roadies — created by Academy Award® winner Cameron Crowe — as well as the full-length debut album from rising rock artist Reignwolf, who will also make an appearance in Roadies where he’ll preview his new single “Hardcore”.

“We’re excited to further our partnership with Stardog Records and welcome Reignwolf to the Republic Records team and to the Roadies project.” says Tom Mackay, EVP/GM, west coast, for Republic Records “We could not ask for a better lineup to start this relationship and look forward to many more.”

"It's been an incredible ride joining forces with Republic in resurrecting Stardog Records," says the label’s Kelly Curtis. "We're eager to get Reignwolf's debut LP and the Roadies soundtrack out in the hands of music fans and look forward to what opportunities lay ahead."

The latest vision of Cameron Crowe, the one-hour Roadies boasts an ensemble cast, including stars Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino as well as Imogen Poots (The Look of Love), Rafe Spall (One Day), Academy Award® nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider), Peter Cambor (NCIS: Los Angeles), Colson Baker a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly (Beyond the Lights) and Ron White (Blue Collar Comedy Tour). Offering a vignette into the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way, it premieres Sunday June 26, 2016.

Hailing from The Great White North, Reignwolf's reputation is his live show. You'll see him play any instrument he can get his hands on and smash them all before the night is over. It's no wonder he scorched the stages of Sasquatch, Coachella, Lollapalooza, Voodoo Music and more. This exposure helped secure opening act performances with the Pixies and as word spread, Black Sabbath hand picked him to join their North American Spring 2014 Tour as direct support. All feats accomplished with only three independent tracks released online and no album...until now. In 2016, he signed to Stardog Records and Academy Award-winning director and writer Cameron Crowe personally reached out to Reignwolf to score, act and perform in Showtime’s Roadies. His new single, "Hardcore" will be available in July and new album announced soon.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON STARDOG PLEASE CONTACT:
    Beau Benton
    Republic Records
    beau.benton@umusic.com

ABOUT STARDOG RECORDS

Stardog Records was created by PolyGram Records in 1989 exclusively an imprint for Seattle glam-rock act Mother Love Bone and the group's releases with subsidiary Mercury Records. The label's name is a nod to the Mother Love Bone song "Stardog Champion." In partnership with Republic Records, Stardog Records was revitalized in 2016. Picking up where history left off, Stardog will release a reissue of Mother Love Bone along with the debut release from Reignwolf.

ABOUT REPUBLIC RECORDS

A division of Universal Music Group, the world's leading music company, Republic is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Sabbath, Florence + the Machine, Godsmack, Gotye, James Blake, James Bay, John Mellencamp, Keith Richards, Nickelback, Of Monsters and Men, Seth MacFarlane, Zendaya, among many others. Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures including American Recordings (The Avett Brothers), Brushfire (Jack Johnson), Cash Money (Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj), John Varvatos Records (Zac Brown Band), Lava Records (Jessie J, Lorde), Monkeywrench (Pearl Jam), Casablanca Records (Stromae, Tïesto), NBC's The Voice, XO (The Weeknd), School Boy Records (PSY, Sheppard), among others. In addition, Republic maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with country powerhouse Big Machine Label Group which is comprised of Big Machine Records (Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, The Band Perry, Florida Georgia Line, The Eli Young Band) and Dot Records (Maddie + Tae).
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    This is very cool. Wonder if there are any lost MLB tracks that they could release on vinyl.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Reissue of which album? The compilation? Apple?
  • Options

Reissue of which album? The compilation? Apple?

No word yet which album first.

http://www.stardogrecords.com/
  • Options

This is very cool. Wonder if there are any lost MLB tracks that they could release on vinyl.

Would love some live or studio demos officially released on vinyl.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Hmm. They didn't mention anything about a MLB reissue. Honestly not the biggest MLB fan but if they did Apple i'd probably pick it up.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options

Hmm. They didn't mention anything about a MLB reissue. Honestly not the biggest MLB fan but if they did Apple i'd probably pick it up.

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/RepublicRecords/view/154115/?isword=y

ABOUT STARDOG RECORDS

Stardog Records was created by PolyGram Records in 1989 exclusively an imprint for Seattle glam-rock act Mother Love Bone and the group's releases with subsidiary Mercury Records. The label's name is a nod to the Mother Love Bone song "Stardog Champion." In partnership with Republic Records, Stardog Records was revitalized in 2016. Picking up where history left off, Stardog will release a reissue of Mother Love Bone along with the debut release from Reignwolf.
  • Options
    http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/23004/frightened_rabbit_with_mike_mccready_on_roadies_soundtrack
    Frightened Rabbit with Mike McCready on Roadies Soundtrack

Republic Records, Stardog Records and Showtime have announced the release of the Roadies Official Soundtrack Album which is set for August 26th, 2016.

The first release from the soundtrack finds Scottish rock band Frightened Rabbit teaming up with Pearl Jam founding member and guitarist Mike McCready for “I Wish I Was Sober (“Music From The Showtime Original Series “Roadies”)”. The track is available to stream now on Apple Music.

Beginning with the 2006 debut album Sing The Greys, Frightened Rabbit have become one of the U.K.’s most beloved exports. Their last album, 2013’s Pedestrian Verse, was their most critically and commercially successful album to date.

The 16-song tracklisting will be revealed soon and the highly anticipated series Roadies premieres on Showtime this coming Sunday, June 26.

The latest vision of Crowe, the one-hour Roadies boasts an ensemble cast, including stars Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino as well as Imogen Poots (The Look of Love), Rafe Spall (One Day), Academy Award® nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider), Peter Cambor (NCIS: Los Angeles), Colson Baker a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly (Beyond the Lights) and Ron White (Blue Collar Comedy Tour). Offering a vignette into the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way.
  • Options
    http://www.republicrecords.com/47662/#.V260gTVxlSt

Listen To The New Track From Showtime’s Roadies

With the premiere only a few days away, the new Cameron Crowe created Showtime series Roadies has released the first single off their highly anticipated soundtrack: “I Wish I Was Sober (Music From The Showtime Original Series)” by Frightened Rabbit feat. Mike McCready.

The Frightened Rabbit track features Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, and is the first track of many that will be released as the soundtrack to the Showtime series.

Stream “I Wish I Was Sober” exclusively on Apple Music HERE!
  • Options
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016/07/jackson-browne-eddie-vedder-robyn.html

Jackson Browne, Eddie Vedder, Robyn Hitchcock & More in Season Finale of "Roadies"

by VVN Music

The new Showtime series Roadies gives an insider look at the life of the people behind the scenes in music, the people who moves the equipment from city-to-city in time for the next show.

Produced by Cameron Crowe, the show premiered two weeks ago and will run through August 28 when a finale will air with a number of artists brought in by Cameron especially for the show.

Among those appearing are veteran artists Jackson Browne, Eddie Vedder and Robyn Hitchcock along with Jim James, Nicole Atkins, Jess Wolff, Holly Laessig (Lucius) and Gary Clark, Jr.

The show has an impressive cast that includes Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino, Imogen Poots, Rafe Spall, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Peter Cambor, Colson Baker (a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly) and Ron White.

From the press release:

The ROADIES soundtrack will be released by Republic Records and Stardog Records. Previously announced tracks include I Wish I Was Sober by Frightened Rabbit featuring Mike McCready, Are You Satisfied? by Reignwolf, and Big Love by Lindsey Buckingham.

The hyper-eclectic music featured on ROADIES includes works from artists as wide-ranging as Bob Dylan, The Ramones, The Replacements, The Ting Tings, Jeff Buckley and more. Many of music's best are appearing in the series, including Lindsey Buckingham, The Head & the Heart, Lucius, Halsey, Jim James and Reignwolf, who also contributes some of the score for this season's second episode. Joy Williams (The Civil Wars) guest stars. Crowe, with help from ROADIES producer and Stardog Records label president Kelly Curtis, hand-picked the genre-bending, decade-spanning mix of new and classic rock, indie, folk, bluegrass, electronic, and blues and more. Featured music includes an extremely rare, never-before released cover of Bob Dylan's Farewell Angelina by Jeff Buckley and Gary Lucas, Dreams of Flying off of Tom Petty's band Mudcrutch's recent record, Buckingham's Bleed to Love Her and Big Love, Hannah Huston from The Voice on I Can't Make You Love Me, Loudmouth from the Ramones and Given to Fly by Pearl Jam. The songs will at times reflect some of the Staton-House band tour stops - in the episode in which the band performs in Atlanta, the music includes Kick Your Game by the Atlanta trio T.L.C. and the live version of Oh Atlanta by classic band Little Feat.
  • Options
    http://www.republicrecords.com/my-morning-jacket-records-the-first-time-for-roadies/#.V4lGOjVxlSs

My Morning Jacket Records “The First Time” For Roadies

The fourth track from the Roadies official soundtrack album (“Music From the Showtime Original Series Roadies”) has been released and it’s one that you won’t want to miss: “The First Time” by My Morning Jacket is an uproarious, unbridled and undeniable brand new anthem.

Jim James, lead singer of My Morning Jacket will be making a very special appearance on the next episode of Roadies on Sunday July 17, 2016 on SHOWTIME.

+ Listen to “The First Time” on Apple Music
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Great tune! I'm coming around on the show. Watched the 3rd one last night.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    http://360magazine.tumblr.com/post/147820056228/reignwolf-unleashes-new-single-hardcore-out

NEW YORK, NY (July 22nd, 2016) – Reignwolf releases his brand new single “Hardcore”today at all digital retailers via Stardog Records/Republic Records.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I'm loving the musical guests on Roadies. Must buy the Reignwolf album.

Thanks for this info too, I need to read this forum more often!

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    -Buru- said:

I'm loving the musical guests on Roadies. Must buy the Reignwolf album.

Thanks for this info too, I need to read this forum more often!

He missed the hype train like 5 years ago. Not digging the new single at all. His 'underground' EP is where its at!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Beautiful!! :)

MOTHER LOVE BONE: ON EARTH AS IT IS - THE COMPLETE WORKS PRESALE https://pearljam.com/shop/music/mother-love-bone-on-earth-as-it-is-the-complete-works-presale

MOTHER LOVE BONE: ON EARTH AS IT IS - THE COMPLETE WORKS PRESALE

FALL 2016 RELEASE DATE TBA.
    CARDS WILL BE CHARGED AT TIME OF PURCHASE.

Set Includes Apple and Shine on one disc - remastered for the first time by Ed Brooks at RFI Mastering

Over 20 recordings that include rare B-sides, demos, alternative versions, and unreleased songs including Andrew Woods demo recording of Chloe Dancer and a live version of Stardog Champion featuring Chris Cornell and Pearl Jam.

Love Bone Earth Affair DVD - available for the first time on DVD and includes bonus features of rare unseen live Mother Love Bone performances and more!
    24 page booklet with lyrics, credits, and photos

MOTHER LOVE BONE: ON EARTH AS IT IS - VINYL BOX SET PRESALE https://pearljam.com/shop/music/mother-love-bone-on-earth-as-it-is-vinyl-box-set-presale

2016 MOTHER LOVE BONE - ON EARTH AS IT IS - VINYL BOX SET PRESALE

FALL 2016 RELEASE DATE TBA. CARDS WILL BE CHARGED AT TIME OF PURCHASE.

**A very limited number of randomly selected vinyl box set packages will receive a rare Happy Holidays greeting card signed by each member of Mother Love Bone. These cards were uncovered from the Mother Love Bone / Love Co. deep archives.**

Set Includes:

Shine EP - remastered vinyl

Apple LP - remastered vinyl

24 page booklet - lyrics, credits, and rare photos 12" x 12" Envelope containing photo prints, 24 page zine, fold out poster, stencil and more!

Vinyl set is packaged in a slipcase replicating a Mother Love Bone wall mural painted by Jeff Ament

• Options
    Would love it if they released that MLB mural Jeff did @ Easy Street Records as a print edition.
  • Options
    @ Jack Endino

Apparently there's gonna be a deluxe Mother Love Bone reissue, reportedly with some demos as bonus tracks. If this includes any of the many 8-track demos I recorded at Reciprocal in 1988-1989, MLB fans are gonna be in for a treat.
  • Options
    http://www.theuncool.com/2016/08/10/roadies-soundtrack-season-1-details/

Roadies Soundtrack Season 1 Details

The final track listing for the Roadies Season 1 soundtrack is here! We think it represents a nice mix of the artists featured during the show and hope you’ll like all the unique (and unreleased) versions. It will be available on CD and via iTunes on August 26th from Republic/StarDog Records.

TRACKLISTING:
    1. I Wish I Was Sober (Roadies Remix) – Frightened Rabbit ft. Mike McCready
    2. Are You Satisfied? (Live) – Reignwolf
    3. Big Love (Live) – Lindsey Buckingham
    4. The First Time – My Morning Jacket
    5. Born Again Teen (Live) – Lucius
    6. Longest Days (Live) – John Mellencamp
    7. Feeling OK (Live) – Best Coast
    8. Simple Man (Live) – Machine Gun Kelly and Peter Cambor
    9. You Don’t Get Me High Anymore (Live) – Phantogram
    10. All We Ever Knew (Live) – The Head And The Heart
    11. They Are All In Love (Live) – Jim James
    12. Sayonara Judge (Live) – Robyn Hitchcock
    13. Willin’ (Live) – Jackson Browne & Lucius ft. Greg Leisz
    14. A Little Crazy (Live) – Nicole Atkins
    15. The Healing (Live) – Gary Clark Jr.
    16. Man of the Hour (Live) – Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    $85.97?!? It's cheaper then 10club's $99.99 . https://pearljam.com/shop/music/vinyl/mother-love-bone-on-earth-as-it-is-vinyl-box-set-presale . But .. **A very limited number of randomly selected vinyl box set packages will receive a rare Happy Holidays greeting card signed by each member of Mother Love Bone. These cards were uncovered from the Mother Love Bone / Love Co. deep archives.** with 10club.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2016
    demetrios said:

MedozK said:
    $85.97?!? It's cheaper then 10club's $99.99 . https://pearljam.com/shop/music/vinyl/mother-love-bone-on-earth-as-it-is-vinyl-box-set-presale . But .. **A very limited number of randomly selected vinyl box set packages will receive a rare Happy Holidays greeting card signed by each member of Mother Love Bone. These cards were uncovered from the Mother Love Bone / Love Co. deep archives.** with 10club.
    That is where 10C gets ya. I wonder if as many of us would have ordered the No Code and Yield from them if they had stated there would be no vinyl variations only black.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Is there a release date for this yet?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:

Is there a release date for this yet?

Bullmoose has a release date of 11/4/2016
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I still haven't pulled the trigger on the LPs. $99.99, or even $85.97 is way too much. Really really wish they had included the B-sides/alt versions like the CD set.
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    $74.99 3xLP on popmarket
  • Options