Options

Gritty recent version of Porch ?

MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
Im going thru my bootlegs getting my Pono ready for the flight to Chicago and in the boots I have, Porch seems to be slowing down while the rest of the library is speeding up to fit more songs into the shows. I miss the days of EV having a sharpie and rolled up shirt sleeve muttering jibberish swinging from rafters .
The last crazy thing I saw EV do during porch was swing from a green lightbulb in Seattle 2013, even then he attached a hand held harness.

I'm looking for any recent concerts were the song just made you want stomp or body surf . Nothing life threatening for EV but just a gritty fast mutter fest from Ed. It's still after 26 years my favorite song ,mainly because live it's in my opinion Mikes best freestyle solo . Any stand out boots in the last couple of tours LMK , I'm coming from Seattle via Vegas so I've got a hump of a flight.

Thanks and cheers everyone

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    My favorite since Ed started doing the intro on guitar is Bonnaroo 08, hands down.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Three best porch s ever:
    East rutherford 2006 night 2
    Holmdel 03
    St petersburg 94.
    Honorable mention: soldier field 95, melbourne 3/5/98, Honolulu 06, osaka 95
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63

My favorite since Ed started doing the intro on guitar is Bonnaroo 08, hands down.

Thanks guys for the suggestions . I'd love East Rutherford but the bootlegs from Nugs aren't avaible for 2006, but I ordered up a disk of Banaroo. I just watched it on YouTube and that's almost like a religious sermon , fucking righteous!

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Holmdel