Options

Is Backspacer out of press on vinyl format?

Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
Just noticed you can no longer purchase Backspacer on vinyl in the 10c shop... Will this be hard to get now/is it out of press?
2010: Cleveland
2012: Atlanta
2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
2015: New York City
2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
2023: St. Paul II

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Time to back up the truck and load with copies of Backspacer - Uke songs vanished from the shop and prices skyrocketed. But to answer your question, probably, not sure they want/need to press it again with the amount of time it lingered in the shop.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Several other online vinyl stores still have them. There's a bunch listed on ebay as well.

Any chance that Yield or Riot Act could ever get a re-release?
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Wes, You can buy it at The Exchange for about $20. I think that I've seen this at every one of their stores when I have been in looking for vinyl. I believe that there is no shortage of availability of this one in NE Ohio.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    deadendp said:

Wes, You can buy it at The Exchange for about $20. I think that I've seen this at every one of their stores when I have been in looking for vinyl. I believe that there is no shortage of availability of this one in NE Ohio.

Thanks! I have a copy, but just was wondering since I noticed it was gone from the shop
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,643
    I was just thinking about their vinyl in general the other day. For a band like Pearl Jam, who is pretty outspoken for their support of vinyl records, and who has a huge fan base that covets these records, it seems weird how inaccessible some of them are. If they are rereleasing no code and yield, I get it i suppose...but it's been a long time. How about some represses of binaural, riot act and self titled? Wouldn't complain about benaroya hall either. Surely they wouldn't have a hard time selling these.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I think they want to do the boxsets. It's the only reason I can think of the haven't done vinyl reissues for No Code through Avacado. If they do reissues first, then alot of people won't double dip for the much more expensive boxsets. If you want to do boxsets you kind of need to release them at the same time. It's a shame though. The band moves at their own pace so it could be a while before the no code/yield box. By the time a Binaural/Riot Act box comes out the resurgence of Vinyl might be over.

I don't think Benaroya gets a reissue. The band can't even get around to re-releasing the studio albums. Benaroya was limited from the get go. It sold out in less than 2 days and was nearly instantly a collectors item. If the band has a hard time re-releasing stuff that was never intended to be limited, what are the odds of them re-releasing an LP they limited in purpose?

In regards to this thread. I imagine they only ever did one pressing of Backspacer (much like the other albums.. sometimes two pressings if one was in europe and the other in N.A), but after the original pressings they don't repress them anymore. Once they're gone, they're gone. That's probably what's happening with backspacer. The remaining inventory is slowly selling out.