Options

Back @MSG after friend passed, ANGEL request

29MinutesOrSo29MinutesOrSo NJ Posts: 32
edited April 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Finally returning to the scene of the best show I've ever attended- 5/21/2010. Went with my best friend- we never missed a show together- and it was phenomenal. We would talk at every PJ and EV show about the feeling of loving/listening/following a band from awkward middle school days until we're old and gray and forcing our kids to listen to Dirty Frank.
As is life, it was impossible to realize that was the last show he'd ever see, we'd ever see together. He passed away, suddenly (perfect health.... also mind, body, spirit but that's another story), 2 years later after a treadmill run. It's been 4 years now and attending PJ shows has become so emotional as now there is a need to "find" someone to take my 2nd ticket for each show. This will be the first time back in MSG since his passing and I can't imagine it will be any less amazing, gut wrenching, devastating and perfect. I'm not a religious man but I'm cheating a bit on 5/2 and hoping my friend is looking down and watching the show from above. "Angel" wasn't his favorite song but it's one of the first we both heard (on No Fucking Messiah) and it seems so fitting. Even if Dave Abbruzzese isn't around to help with the chords. Either way, "looking forward" to this show would be an understatement. Can't wait. Miss you buddy. RIP Eric Steinthal

Doesnt fucking matter anyway
Post edited by 29MinutesOrSo on

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Oh please please think of me 'cause I'm I'm by your side
    I'm by your side I'm by your side oh
    I'm I'm right in front of you I'm by your side
  • Options
    ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 568
    bump
    Camden 2 (2008)