Options

My kitchen drawer

justamjustam Posts: 21,394
edited April 2016 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
There’s a drawer in my kitchen that holds twist ties, screw drivers, flash lights, candles, matches, extra lunch bags…It is a drawer for useful miscellany!
In my mind, I have a storage area like that too. Thoughts that solved problems, realizations, good ideas, inventions of small useful tools…

I could sift through the drawer if it wouldn’t be too obvious or dull. Maybe, it would give me something to say on days when I don’t have any great inspiration, just something minor? (Off the top of my head, these tools come out first.)

Being kind is more important than almost anything else.

Not everyone is intelligent in the same way.

There’s usually something positive in relationships that last a long time.

It’s painful over time to love someone you can never have. It’s better to let go and forgive someone than to let the pain drain you day after day and year after year.

An imagination is not something to waste. It can be put to use fixing broken things!

The desire to help and repair is love.

The energy that does the most good in the world is love.

The United States may claim that slavery has passed but it still lingers for the poor. If prosperous people felt that poor people were brothers or sisters the world would quickly improve.

It’s better to live in a small house you can afford easily than a large one that is too expensive.

Compliments are not worth much in the spiritual bank.

Liking your job is no small gift.

It’s good to have a spouse that does not bore you!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Comments

• Options
    the desire to help and repair is love ...
    the energy that does the most good in the world is love....

this....the daily work...play...my pleasure....
    thank you
  • Options
    A book is a good thing to carry in a purse because then you always have something to read if you have to wait somewhere.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    It occurred to me recently that the story of Rip van Winkle is a metaphor for a person "waking up" as an old person after years of not being awake to time passing.

It is a cautionary tale rather than just a story about a person literally napping. (!!)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Sometimes, saying "I love you" can change someone's day.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    justam said:

It occurred to me recently that the story of Rip van Winkle is a metaphor for a person "waking up" as an old person after years of not being awake to time passing.

It is a cautionary tale rather than just a story about a person literally napping. (!!)

Interesting you mention this as I've been thinking of black holes in the same respect... devoid of light and output- not living- existing with time passing. Though Rip is more positve with the potential to awaken, to live...
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    embrace said:

Interesting you mention this as I've been thinking of black holes in the same respect... devoid of light and output- not living- existing with time passing. Though Rip is more positve with the potential to awaken, to live...

What do you mean when you say: "I've been thinking of black holes in the same respect" ? How is a black hole like a story that is a metaphor? Do you think it's physical existence is a metaphor?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    justam said:

embrace said:

What do you mean when you say: "I've been thinking of black holes in the same respect" ? How is a black hole like a story that is a metaphor? Do you think it's physical existence is a metaphor?

A far reaching statement from my end and a bit obtuse, but I was thinking of the state of energy in a black hole similar to a being (Rip) being asleep/unawakened and unaware of time passing- taking in the world around him, but with no output(living)...A cautionary tale indeed.
    Post edited by embrace on
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• Options
    I think you're forgetting something important about black holes--they became black holes because they burned every last bit of themselves as fuel. That is very different from a passive napper.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    justam said:

I think you're forgetting something important about black holes--they became black holes because they burned every last bit of themselves as fuel. That is very different from a passive napper.

Agreed in the case of Rip who was noted as a lazy arse and used napping as intentional means to escape...I guess my thoughts make more sense in the realm of correlating sleep (unawakened state) to the black hole...both are in states of potential energy. Your words ^ resonated the importance of living in the now to me and infusing those moments with love. :) Thank you for that.
    Post edited by embrace on

• Options
    You're welcome! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&