Options

Levee Walkers 7 Inch

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Were the signed copies @ Easy Street Records black vinyl or clear vinyl?

Black vinyl.
    For $40, they could have least made them clear.
    Yeah, I figure I've gotten some sweet stuff there for really good prices...everybody there is great, so I don't mind helping a local place out. Funny thing, I stopped by in the morning just to see if they had any anyway since the shipping is like $10, Matt asked if Mike already tweeted it. I must have looked confused and he said Mike was going to drop some signed copies off.

It's like I have psychic powers or something...blindly walk by Jeff painting the mural, and going in before Mike drops off signed 7s...all within a week. *twilight zone music plays*
    Suziemay said:

RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Awesome!
    Thanks! I'm glad I waited to get one!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    RKCNDY said:

MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    Yeah, I figure I've gotten some sweet stuff there for really good prices...everybody there is great, so I don't mind helping a local place out. Funny thing, I stopped by in the morning just to see if they had any anyway since the shipping is like $10, Matt asked if Mike already tweeted it. I must have looked confused and he said Mike was going to drop some signed copies off.

It's like I have psychic powers or something...blindly walk by Jeff painting the mural, and going in before Mike drops off signed 7s...all within a week. *twilight zone music plays*
    Suziemay said:

RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Awesome!
    Nice. Easy Street is on my bucket list. Hopefully can make it to Seattle some day.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    At least he made some signed copies available. I'd gladly pay $30 for his autograph.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    I think Easy Street tends to overprice their vinyl. Over the years, I've noticed consistently that their vinyl is $3-$5+ more for the same release compared to their local competitors. I know that the Music for Film set retailed for $49.99 at other local stores but somebody told me that Easy Street was selling it for much more. Well, I guess it's possible their rent is higher.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    kramer73 said:

MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    At least he made some signed copies available. I'd gladly pay $30 for his autograph.
    Oh me too. Friend tried to get 2 copies @ Easy Street Records. 1 per customer. D'oh!

Wish https://hockeytalkter.myshopify.com/ store sold some signed goodies.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    quasi said:

MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    I think Easy Street tends to overprice their vinyl. Over the years, I've noticed consistently that their vinyl is $3-$5+ more for the same release compared to their local competitors. I know that the Music for Film set retailed for $49.99 at other local stores but somebody told me that Easy Street was selling it for much more. Well, I guess it's possible their rent is higher.
    Ever since their 2nd location on mercer closed their prices have gone up.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.

Suziemay said:

RKCNDY said:

Scored one!

Awesome!
    Nice. Easy Street is on my bucket list. Hopefully can make it to Seattle some day.
    The place inside might be small but damn they got some good stuff. Breakfast @ the Cafe was AMAZING!!! Lunch was great too. Had the Soundgarden Burger. Yummy!!

There is also this sweet bakery across the street. Cupcakes you could die for. I don't remember the name off the top but it was so F'ing good!

• Options
    edited May 2016

quasi said:

MedozK said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Black vinyl.
    Ever since their 2nd location on mercer closed their prices have gone up.
    That makes sense. Their prices used to be the lowest in town.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    demetrios said:

There is also this sweet bakery across the street. Cupcakes you could die for. I don't remember the name off the top but it was so F'ing good!

Cupcake Royale http://cupcakeroyale.com/

By far, my favorite cupcake place, and I've been to several in the area.

West Seattle tends to have higher prices on everything...including rent and houses. If we don't support local, they go out of business.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Cupcake Royale http://cupcakeroyale.com/

By far, my favorite cupcake place, and I've been to several in the area.

West Seattle tends to have higher prices on everything...including rent and houses. If we don't support local, they go out of business.
    That's the one. Thank you! :)

That place was delicious!! I went there 2 times during my visit back in December '13. Couldn't just visit Easy Street Records once if you visit Seattle on vacation. Tried for a 3rd time but had to do the Pop Up Shop event @ the Showbox.
  • Options
    @ Levee Walkers

The first 2 songs from Levee Walkers, featuring Jaz Coleman on vocals, are now available as a digital download on iTunes and all the other digital services. Get both songs here for less than $2.00! The next 8 songs will feature the other guest singers from around the world and they will be coming out over the course of this year. Stay tuned for more release details!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Other local businesses of similar nature in even more expensive areas (i.e. Bellevue and Ballard) still have lower prices for new releases. Just an observation.
  • Options
    quasi said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

Other local businesses of similar nature in even more expensive areas (i.e. Bellevue and Ballard) still have lower prices for new releases. Just an observation.
    I would agree with quasi, we bought our house in West Seattle because it was more affordable, then other neighborhoods in Seattle, in general I don't think west seattle is more expensive then other areas of Seattle.
  • Options

quasi said:

RKCNDY said:

demetrios said:

I would agree with quasi, we bought our house in West Seattle because it was more affordable, then other neighborhoods in Seattle, in general I don't think west seattle is more expensive then other areas of Seattle.
    Just like any other city, it depends on where you live within that city. In Bellevue, it's more affordable to live in the crossroads/overlake area than it is to live downtown or Somerset. Same goes for w-sea...Certain areas are more affordable than others.

Thread integrity: I am excited for the new albums...I wonder if after all the song releases, they will put together a box set.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Back in stock at Easy Street, about 10+ signed copies $39.99 a piece.
  • Options
    They also had a signed McCready Mad Season 10 inch in blue that I picked up.
  • Options

Back in stock at Easy Street, about 10+ signed copies $39.99 a piece.

Are you still there? Would it be possible to pick me up one?
  • Options

They also had a signed McCready Mad Season 10 inch in blue that I picked up.

After Demetrios copy, if you can , could you to pick me up one? Thanks!
  • Options
    Dang. Wished I lived in Seattle.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

You are right, however Nashville isn't so bad, right? :-)
  • Options

MedozK said:

You are right, however Nashville isn't so bad, right? :-)
    Lol, yea this weeks it's been great,
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks T & M! :)

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    demetrios said:

Nice, messaged easy street trying to get one shipped to Canada, couldn't swing it.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

demetrios said:

Nice, messaged easy street trying to get one shipped to Canada, couldn't swing it.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Everytime you guys bump this thread I think it's for the next single! :bawling:
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

Everytime you guys bump this thread I think it's for the next single! :bawling:

D'oh! Sorry! :p
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/LeveeWalkers/posts/1769560153311607

We are excited to announce that Levee Walkers have just completed and mixed 2 new songs with the immensely talented singer-songwriter Raquel Sofia of Puerto Rico! Raquel was a Latin Grammy nominee last year, and she sang her 2 Levee Walkers songs in Spanish and they are absolutely gorgeous songs. Levee Walkers is Mike McCready on guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, and Barrett Martin on drums, along with several guest singers from around the world whose songs we are currently finishing. Stay tuned for more new music coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/raquelsofiamusic/
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited August 2016
    I was at Easy Street on Thursday and they had about 5 copies of this signed by Mike available for $39.99. There were also about 5 copies of the Tectonics 7" signed by Mike there as well for $15. I snagged one of those instead.

FYI... I don't live in Seattle. Was just visiting.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    Someone can grab for me a copy of Tectonics 7" ? Free beers for who can help me :-)