Options

Iron Maiden Book of Souls tour

JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
First show is tonight.

I'm really curious about the setlist. I saw some interesting rumors (e.g. playing The Number of the Beast in its entirety) that I don't believe for one second.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Have a feeling it's going to be lots of Book of Souls with a few "hits". Regardless I can't wait to see them this summer in England.
  • Options
    Holy shit!

If setlist.fm is to be believed, they played Children of the Damned tonight!
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    I saw the Maiden England 2012 tour, great show, but they didn't play Hallowed be Thy Name. Hopefully that gets played on this tour, along with songs such as Remember Tomorrow, Sanctuary, and Prowler
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options

I saw the Maiden England 2012 tour, great show, but they didn't play Hallowed be Thy Name. Hopefully that gets played on this tour, along with songs such as Remember Tomorrow, Sanctuary, and Prowler

Agreed. I was really disappointed that they dropped Hallowed from that tour.

Looks like they played it tonight, though.
  • Options
    Saw them at Sonisphere 2014, they kicked ass!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,343
    JTH said:

First show is tonight.

I'm really curious about the setlist. I saw some interesting rumors (e.g. playing The Number of the Beast in its entirety) that I don't believe for one second.

Now that is awesome!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

JTH said:

First show is tonight.

Now that is awesome!!
    At first, I thought it was photoshopped but apparently it's legit.
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Went to the Ft Lauderdale show. I thought they were great. Wish I was gonna be able to catch another one somewhere.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    Just saw them in Tulsa, and they were great. I can't wait to see them again, and the new songs from the Book of Souls are good live. I enjoy that they can play more new songs and not all the songs that are more well known.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    GummiBeerGummiBeer Newfoundland Canada Posts: 189
    Seen them in Toronto back in 2010, one of the best shows and atmospheres I ever attended
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • Options

Just saw them in Tulsa, and they were great. I can't wait to see them again, and the new songs from the Book of Souls are good live. I enjoy that they can play more new songs and not all the songs that are more well known.

I like the fact that they've been alternating between tours that are heavy on the new material and "throwback" tours. I personally think the new album is fantastic so I'm really looking forward to hearing those songs live.
  • Options
    JTH said:

I like the fact that they've been alternating between tours that are heavy on the new material and "throwback" tours. I personally think the new album is fantastic so I'm really looking forward to hearing those songs live.
    I'd love to see Iron Maiden in Chicago, but couldn't get the day off. To see their plane again would be great and in concert would be outstanding
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Here´s the full video of the opening night the best I've seen so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxLfDKhVf8E

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I haven't looked at any set-list, trying to keep away from those. Are they playing the entire new album, or are they mixing it up?
    NYPJ
  • Options
    wall232 said:

I haven't looked at any set-list, trying to keep away from those. Are they playing the entire new album, or are they mixing it up?

Not the entire album but let's say half of it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

wall232 said:

Not the entire album but let's say half of it.

Peace
    I can deal with that. Thanks.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    of all the planes on the ground at that airport, they have to pick THAT ONE to fuck up the tethering process on?
  • Options
    JTH said:

of all the planes on the ground at that airport, they have to pick THAT ONE to fuck up the tethering process on?

Exactly what I was thinking.

They'll be at the Garden in two weeks. Really looking forward to this show, not looking forward to going to work the next morning.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    I really wanted that Maiden show to be my first time seeing anything at MSG but the timing is bad so I guess I'm gonna have to settle for PJ about a month later.
  • Options
    MSG tonight!
    NYPJ
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    wall232 said:

MSG tonight!

I'll be there!!!
  • Options

wall232 said:

MSG tonight!

I'll be there!!!
    Can't wait! Watching the clock at my desk is killing me. haha
    NYPJ
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Have a great time at the show tonight for those of you going!

I haven't been to an Iron Maiden show since the early 90's.

Are they doing posters for their shows or do they have a single tour poster for this tour?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the show last night, it was a little heavy on some of the new songs but I've come to expect that when they tour supporting a new album. The NY event shirt was pretty damn awesome so I had to pick one up, even at the $45 price tag. There was no specific poster for NY, just the generic World tour poster.

Best part was as we were heading in there was a couple in front of us who had fan club GA tickets. The wife was complaining about having to stand the whole show so I volunteered to trade our sec 102 tickets with them. It was pretty awesome being in the pit for Maiden.

Up the Irons!!
    NYPJ
  • Options
    wall232 said:

Really enjoyed the show last night, it was a little heavy on some of the new songs but I've come to expect that when they tour supporting a new album. The NY event shirt was pretty damn awesome so I had to pick one up, even at the $45 price tag. There was no specific poster for NY, just the generic World tour poster.

Best part was as we were heading in there was a couple in front of us who had fan club GA tickets. The wife was complaining about having to stand the whole show so I volunteered to trade our sec 102 tickets with them. It was pretty awesome being in the pit for Maiden.

Up the Irons!!

It doesn't get any better than that!

Peace

• Options
    I just won a pair of tickets for the Chicago iron maiden show, can't complain. Should be a great time.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options

I just won a pair of tickets for the Chicago iron maiden show, can't complain. Should be a great time.

Nice. How did you win them? Good seats? Any idea?

as far as show-specific posters, I can't remember Maiden ever doing this. Shirts, yes, but not posters.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    JTH said:

Nice. How did you win them? Good seats? Any idea?

as far as show-specific posters, I can't remember Maiden ever doing this. Shirts, yes, but not posters.
    Radio game on 104.9 the x in Rockford, IL called heads or tails. If you choose correctly you win $105 in cash or a prize package. I won the prize package of a game, pair of hockey tickets, and a pair of iron maiden tickets.

I can't complain on where I maybe seated at for this upcoming show. No clue until I pick up the tickets.

I remember on the Maiden England tour, there were tour specific shirts, but no posters.
    Post edited by iwasatpj20 on
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO