Options

Best Overall Record?

Comments

• Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    I have to go with 1. Ten 2. Vs 3. Vitalogy. Ten for the killer songwriting and the instant classics, Vs for the production and the uppercut I took the day it went out and landed on my player, Vitalogy for the whole concept that makes it sound so special and the number of hearings it took me to fully appreciate it back in the days.
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Not too much love for Backspacer on here, I love that album. Fun record from front to back...and Unthought Known is one of the best songs they've made in the past ten years.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    jp307677 said:

Not too much love for Backspacer on here, I love that album. Fun record from front to back...and Unthought Known is one of the best songs they've made in the past ten years.

I'm not sure why it's gets little to no credit, and often times gets shat on. It's an absolutely amazing album! I love hearing Unthought Known live, Amongst the Waves is in my top 10 PJ songs ever, Just Breathe is simply beautiful (I can imagine that song on Vitalogy, for example), and everything else is as solid as anything they've ever done. I'm not a fan of The End, but it's a fan favorite otherwise.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

jp307677 said:

I'm not sure why it's gets little to no credit, and often times gets shat on. It's an absolutely amazing album! I love hearing Unthought Known live, Amongst the Waves is in my top 10 PJ songs ever, Just Breathe is simply beautiful (I can imagine that song on Vitalogy, for example), and everything else is as solid as anything they've ever done. I'm not a fan of The End, but it's a fan favorite otherwise.
    I voted No Code but have Amongst the Waves tattooed on my forearm because that song has special meaning to me, so from me that album gets much respect :)

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    pjalive21 said:

jp307677 said:

I voted No Code but have Amongst the Waves tattooed on my forearm because that song has special meaning to me, so from me that album gets much respect :)

Best song on the album!!!!!
  • Options
    An unbiased person (someone who's not a fan), a critic or any type of music pro (engineer, etc.) would pick Yield or Ten.... Maybe Five Against One. You know, the Stoney G. led records. And they'd probably be right.

Me? I'd put those 3 in my top 5 of the pj's.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    I'd lean to Yield but it has odd tracks like red dot. Ten, Vs, and No Code all have kicking songs front to back. I think I'll go with Vs :)
  • Options
    Yield followed by No Code.
    It makes much more sense to live......in the present tense.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    yield/no code
    danny d
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Send the spouse to the mall, kick the kids outside, cue up No Code, put on some headphones, close your eyes...
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Yield
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    danny said:

yield/no code

What he said.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Ten or Vs.

(I can appreciate the argument for the next three but these two are perfect to me...Love every track on both albums).
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    While I recognize the greatness of the first three albums, Yield is my favorite to listen to from start to finish.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Jbarker said:

Send the spouse to the mall, kick the kids outside, cue up No Code, put on some headphones, close your eyes...

Yeeeees!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    VS
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    NO CODE
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Binaural. Excellent from front to back. No Code is a close second, but Mankind is a deal breaker.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Vs.

Go, Animal, Glorified G, Dissident, Rats, Daughter, Blood, RVM, Leash, Elderly Woman, Indifference, WMA

Every...song...is...great. No album has the urgency of songs like Go, Animal and Blood. Those songs are in your face. Breakerfall, God's Dice, etc... are nice but nothing has the rage of the songs listed above.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    VS and No Code for me. I took the easy way out and am going with both lol. Just can't choose
  • Options
    Gibbon to FlyGibbon to Fly Sussex, UK Posts: 74
    No Code........That's when as a fan, you knew you were in it for the long haul.

London Wembley Arena 29/05/2000
    Milton Keynes Bowl 11/07/2014

London O2 18/06/2018

London O2 17/07/2018

EV - London Apollo 07/06/2017. Wembley Stadium 06/07/2019.

'Pearl Jam saved me from Hair Metal!!!'

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Vs. not a weak link in the chain!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    no code yield
    danny d
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    Changes for me depending on mood, Vs has a soft spot cause I was a kid and listened to it everyday.

Really loved No Code, Riot Act and Yield. Of course Ten was a classic but I remember listening the first few times thinking the songs all sounded the same. (I was 12)

If I have to choose... I'm going with No Code.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Depends on my mood. Heavy rotation between Vs. and No Code.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    scurtis said:

Changes for me depending on mood, Vs has a soft spot cause I was a kid and listened to it everyday.

Really loved No Code, Riot Act and Yield. Of course Ten was a classic but I remember listening the first few times thinking the songs all sounded the same. (I was 12)

I can relate to your comment about the songs on Ten. Early on, I had a hard time differentiating between Oceans, Garden, Deep, and Release.

The one-word song titles probably didn't help.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    rummy said:

scurtis said:

I can relate to your comment about the songs on Ten. Early on, I had a hard time differentiating between Oceans, Garden, Deep, and Release.

The one-word song titles probably didn't help.
    Glad I wasn't the only one!
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533

Binaural for me is their deepest and darkest recording. There's so many subtleties that you can pick up on with every subsequent listen. Every song on that record is so damn good and it feels like every song is a piece to the puzzle. The way it was recorded truly feels like you are being taken somewhere else. Fatal, In the Moonlight, and Sad should have made it on.

For me it's this too. However, in the broader context, it's hard to argue with 10.
  • Options
    october22 said:

Binaural for me is their deepest and darkest recording. There's so many subtleties that you can pick up on with every subsequent listen. Every song on that record is so damn good and it feels like every song is a piece to the puzzle. The way it was recorded truly feels like you are being taken somewhere else. Fatal, In the Moonlight, and Sad should have made it on.

For me it's this too. However, in the broader context, it's hard to argue with 10.
    I'll echo this as well. I'll go to my grave saying that the Binaural sessions were the most creative and productive period since the original band sessions piecing Ten together. The album tracks plus the known Lost Dogs and leaked outrakes show a band really hitting a stride. We can (and will) argue until the end of time about how the final Binaural release should have been mixed and what should have made the record, but I think this was a genius period for the band as songwriters. Ed was on his game as a guitar riff maker on his own, Stone and Jeff were writing beautiful melodies and lyrics, Ed's lyrics were deep, Matt found a groove in the band and obviously Mike went insane on several tracks.
    Such a great piece of art from the band.
  • Options
    Ten. Our Fan Club is even named after it.
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016