2»

Comments

• Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    MedozK said:

AO253126 said:

MedozK said:

AO253126 said:

I feel bad asking this, but how much does he sing on the album? I'm intrigued again by all of these positive comments and I want to give this album a try, but his singing voice just doesn't do it for me. If its mostly instrumental though, I can get into that.

Nope he sings.
    :disappointed:
    Yep, I agree... but after the first couple songs I am not as aware. Musically, I think its very good.
    Welp, I think I want to try it then. Worst case, I end up supporting one of my favorite artists.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited February 2017
    I cant imagine anybody else singing on these songs. Quirky vocals match the quirky music perfectly.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    DewieCox said:

I cant imagine anybody else singing on these songs. Quirky vocals match the quirky music perfectly.

Yep, his voice fits the songs quite well, imo.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    TOUR, TOUR, TOUR !!!!!
  • Options

TOUR, TOUR, TOUR !!!!!

I would die. I couldn't contain myself.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
  • Options
    Moonlander the song popped up on the old iPod Classic today, too bad the album came out at the time of lightning bolt.  Underrated for sure....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Moonlander the song popped up on the old iPod Classic today, too bad the album came out at the time of lightning bolt.  Underrated for sure....
    Big time underrated. Glad to see this thread revived!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Moonlander gets a whole lotta love at my house. So damn good!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Would love to see a follow-up to this from Stone.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    dankind said:
    Yeah, it's good! I like it. I know some aren't into his vocals, but I quite like how he sounds (I've always been a big fan of Mankind and Don't Gimme No Lip too, though. I gather that lots of PJ fans don't love those songs).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    Guys, due to this thread I'm going to order the Moonlander CD from the shop when I order my LP2 DVD. 
    What other side project CD should I order from there? What is your favorite other than Moonlander? 

Thanks, 
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    Battle Cry is incredible. Always thought it would make an amazing song for a soundtrack. 
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    wow. guess I should pick this up. never bothered since I'm also not huge into his singing voice. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    TJ25487 said:
    Guys, due to this thread I'm going to order the Moonlander CD from the shop when I order my LP2 DVD. 
    What other side project CD should I order from there? What is your favorite other than Moonlander? 

Thanks, 
    Both RNDM albums are phenomenal IMO. By far my favorite PJ side project.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Love the music....
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    edited October 2017
    I find myself humming "I need something different" on the regular. The art is so quirky on this album. Stone had signed poster of his art in the shop at one point in time. Pretty limited run of 3 posters if I recall. 50 prints of each one, all signed, if I recall.
    do-do do-do-do...mmm I need something differennnnt. do-do do-do-do mmmm I need something differennnnt.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    Yeah, it's good! I like it. I know some aren't into his vocals, but I quite like how he sounds (I've always been a big fan of Mankind and Don't Gimme No Lip too, though. I gather that lots of PJ fans don't love those songs).
    Gimme No Lip is one of my faves. I couldn't believe it when I heard the beginnings of it at Wrigley last year. Never thought I'd get to see Stone sing lead live!
  • Options
    wow. guess I should pick this up. never bothered since I'm also not huge into his singing voice. 
    There's really no point in picking it up, then. :lol:
  • Options
    There's really no point in picking it up, then. :lol:
    based on the reviews I'm going to give it a shot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    PJ_Soul said:
    TJ25487 said:

Thanks, 
    Both RNDM albums are phenomenal IMO. By far my favorite PJ side project.

RNDM it is then! I have never delved into any of the boys side projects other than Ed's. It's time. Thanks
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Yes, if you are in doubt, give Moonlander a fair shake. Some mention not liking Stone's singing voice, but it fits. Listen to it as a new experience, not as an extension of PJ. 

I'd say there is some dad/kid music in there. A few of those tunes remind me of songs that could be on a kids album. "I gotta go, I gotta swim, I got to use my fins!" 

My opinion, I enjoy the composition of his albums as much, if not more than many of the PJ albums. Great stuff.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    PJinIL said:
    Yes, if you are in doubt, give Moonlander a fair shake. Some mention not liking Stone's singing voice, but it fits. Listen to it as a new experience, not as an extension of PJ. 

I'd say there is some dad/kid music in there. A few of those tunes remind me of songs that could be on a kids album. "I gotta go, I gotta swim, I got to use my fins!" 

My opinion, I enjoy the composition of his albums as much, if not more than many of the PJ albums. Great stuff.
    I had some of those tunes when they were released digitally here on the site years ago, or maybe on his own site. I lost them when my pc died. I didn't realize some of those tunes were the same as songs on Moonlander. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spin this album all the time, real funky groove to it, one of my favourite side project offerings.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    TJ25487 said:

Thanks, 
    Brad is a really, really, really good band.  I highly suggest picking up some of their stuff.  (Stone's in the band).  Also agree with Alli on RNDM.  They're extremely fun!