Options

My Future Lottery Proposal

2»

Comments

• Options
    One I like is having a general presale lottery, then winners have a lottery for GA. Lots of people on both sides of this. I won't change my mind that it needs to be changed.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058

rival9500 said:

rival9500 said:

mattcoz said:

Zod said:

The way you describe it is a bit confusing. I imagine it's more and more technical doing the lotteries, the more rules you put in, so I try and think of it in the simplest way possible. Maybe for round 2, they split it into two lottery pulls. 2nd priority with no previous tickets, then 2nd priority with previous tickets. Less people would have multiple tickets but more people would have a single pair.

It would help split the tickets when performing multiple shows in the same city, and it would help full leg tours, when people select GA/Reserved for a single show get trumped by people choose Reserved/Reserved from two different shows.

I feel the Lotto system is pretty good, but there is that one thing that feels like it could use tweaking, as it creates opportunities for some people two get two pairs and some people to get none.

There's limitations on how you can do it for full tours because you don't know what people will get in future draws. If you draw shows in chronological order you can really only base it on what's been pulled so far.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly. For round 2 it would be just 2nd priority with no previous tickets, then round 3 would be just 3rd priority with no previous tickets, etc. If after all that there are tickets still available, then it starts over and people can get second pairs. This way nobody gets a second pair before everyone gets a first pair, if possible. Then nobody gets a third pair before everyone gets a second pair, if possible. It doesn't matter what order you draw the shows in because you're only doing one priority at at time.
    Some version of this makes sense. People are going to shit on this idea. No surprise there. Not everyone will be happy, but some changes need to happen to "spread the love". People getting 2-4 shows when others get 0 for the same shows is shit. It doesn't matter what your number is.
    If u put 4 ga shows and shut out and another guy put same 4 shows seated and score all 4 has nothing to do with lottery ..had to do with supply and demand and u wanted ga and the other guy wanted to be in the venue
    At anouncement all infos are there
    U read and u make choices..when u know ga are less tickets available than seated which was clear at the announcement and all goes first priorities for ga is not lottery problem
    I think the GA risk is understood, or it should be. I personally prefer a lottery without GA option which many others have suggested. Regardless, something needs to change. Many on here feel the same. There are some good ideas around here.
    Ga is here to stay at norht america as all the rest of the world so many years now
    And by far with ga there are more tix avaivable for the fan club than with seats on the flor
    People need to read and understand how to put their entries and how many chances they have with the way they put their priorities
    The system is great and fzir and if they sell single tix would be perfect
    Yup. Agreed. The lottery system is very fair. Its all about your choices and knowing your chances. 2013 Wrigley I went for GA 1st and res 2nd and lost. I knew the risk and didn't win. I then lost out on public sale too. Found face value pair through kind members here later. This time I didn't wanna take any chances so I went for res night 1 and then res 2 and won them both.

People that go for GA for first 4 choices of high demand shows are just throwing away your 2,3, and 4 picks.