Options

So, when it rains at Wrigley...??

I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
I pray they will do something to secure my GA spot I worked hard to get last time and then lost to some short girl who said she "deserved it"?

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    it's ga. they aren't going to secure anything other than your ability to get into the pit. sucks that happened, but what would you expect them to do, hand out markers so everybody could trace their feet position before evacuating?
  • Options
    i was thinking circles?
  • Options
    with a number of course.
  • Options
    just saying, maybe the venue could plan ahead this time.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    ha
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Maybe bring a pice of tape with your name on it and place it on the floor?
    Then if someone challenges you, you can say, "This is my spot." And then point to the ground.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options

I pray they will do something to secure my GA spot I worked hard to get last time and then lost to some short girl who said she "deserved it"?

Dude...you can see over a short girl, so help a little sister out.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 527
    PJs got some of the best fans in the world, but things got a little nasty down there after the weather delay. You would hope that people would try to generally get back to the same spot but it didn't quite work that way. Wrigley GA was much bigger than your typical GA. Just too many people for there to be any type of order. There were some of those people who were completely irrational trying to get back to their exact spot. One woman was screaming at people because she was in the first row before the break and could now only make it back to the second row. A couple jacked up dudes threatened people and forced their way to the front. The problem was that many people were trying to do the same and large groups just don't move that easily without people getting crammed etc... Not much you can do to prevent it though. These are the things that come with GA and you have people waiting in line for hrs trying to secure a spot.
  • Options

Dude...you can see over a short girl, so help a little sister out.
    I'm not very tall either.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723

with a number of course.

You could even place a chair there.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought after the thread title, the message would be "it pours".

(note I am not suggesting it be revised)
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    edited February 2016

just saying, maybe the venue could plan ahead this time.

"Attention Folks, the rain delay is over but instead of unleashing those LUCKY FANS that won GA tickets, we're gonna put them back in their exact places prior to the rain. Pearl Jam could be on in 10 minutes but now will wait the 2 hours it would take to put everyone back in position"
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I was at Wrigley in a reserved seat... I honestly didn't give a shit that people lost their spot...
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    LOL. No.
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    I was in a reserved seat on the field and it seemed that after the rain delay security was in disarray. It appeared that there were many fans without GA tickets who just ran past security (who did not care to stop them) into the GA section.

My son was in GA and ended up around the same place after the day as before...about 10 back.

For as much as the storm was epic, the thing I remember most about that day and show was how HOT it was. Unbelievable.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited February 2016
    Bird889 said:

I was in a reserved seat on the field and it seemed that after the rain delay security was in disarray. It appeared that there were many fans without GA tickets who just ran past security (who did not care to stop them) into the GA section.

My son was in GA and ended up around the same place after the day as before...about 10 back.

For as much as the storm was epic, the thing I remember most about that day and show was how HOT it was. Unbelievable.

Me too! The heat almost totally consumed me that day! Especially inside the human-crammed halls at Wrigley during the delay. That was intense.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    JB128716 said:

Maybe bring a pice of tape with your name on it and place it on the floor?
    Then if someone challenges you, you can say, "This is my spot." And then point to the ground.

:rofl:
    Google Earth before and after pics. Sorta like Where's Waldo but on a much bigger scale.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

with a number of course.

Circles with a number! Classic! The funny thing is there was a thread here that predicted the lightning-field-evacuation and if "the list" would hold up when everyone came back... too funny. I was in reserved and remember all the drunk frat boy looking guys jumping OVER the fence around GA as soon as they opened the field up again. I promise you they didn't have GA tickets even. Pretty unfortunate.

If it's rains again, let's just admit it... we're all screwed.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!