Options

St. Paul 2014 Full show, multicamera up and posted!

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Thanks for this. BTW I really like that you made a dual layer bluray version. So much better than splitting the show on 2 discs :)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Zod said:

Thanks for this. BTW I really like that you made a dual layer bluray version. So much better than splitting the show on 2 discs :)

You can think Monkeewrench for that one. Although it's interesting that there are like 4x more hits on the two disc than the single disc on Jam River. Tells me that people still have some older blu ray burners (like me). So we'll keep doing two versions.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    watched a bit of this last night. NICELY DONE. can't wait to download and burn and watch with a fine glass of wine/whiskey.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Zod said:

You can think Monkeewrench for that one. Although it's interesting that there are like 4x more hits on the two disc than the single disc on Jam River. Tells me that people still have some older blu ray burners (like me). So we'll keep doing two versions.
    That works, it makes everyone happy :) I think the biggest issue with dual layer are the discs. I use Verbatim's (as they tend to be high quality). They're really expensive to buy domestically. I bought a 50 pack off an Amazon.ca reseller (which shipped from Japan) for $120cdn last year. Best deal I could find on them (ebay is similar in pricing). I think they cost $5-$7/pop if you buy them locally :( Luckily I don't go through them very fast.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Zod said:

My burner is under $100 on Amazon. Just sayin'. :smiley:
    And Zod, it's good to know I'm not the only one that hates having to get up and change discs midway through a concert!!! :wink:
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    Getting ready to watch this now
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    I'll have to check this out this weekend.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Zod said:

mrussel1 said:

Zod said:

That works, it makes everyone happy :) I think the biggest issue with dual layer are the discs. I use Verbatim's (as they tend to be high quality). They're really expensive to buy domestically. I bought a 50 pack off an Amazon.ca reseller (which shipped from Japan) for $120cdn last year. Best deal I could find on them (ebay is similar in pricing). I think they cost $5-$7/pop if you buy them locally :( Luckily I don't go through them very fast.
    I also buy my Verbatim BD-R's & BD-R DL's from Japan.

My favorite brand are ..

The cheapest I have ever found on these were on Amazon USA back in April '15. They only had 2 spindles left so I picked them up. Back then they were selling for $60+ a spindle. If only I had the chance to secure a few dozen more of these spindles at that $19.99 price.

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040

mrussel1 said:

Zod said:

And Zod, it's good to know I'm not the only one that hates having to get up and change discs midway through a concert!!! :wink:
    Please, bare with me. I'm a noob to this stuff. What kind of blu-ray burner, do I need? I would like to burn to a single disc. Also, what discs should I buy and what program to use. I have a MacBook Pro.
    Thanks,
    BIG D
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Zod said:

Please, bare with me. I'm a noob to this stuff. What kind of blu-ray burner, do I need? I would like to burn to a single disc. Also, what discs should I buy and what program to use. I have a MacBook Pro.
    Thanks,
    BIG D
    No idea. I don't understand Apple tech... lol.. PCs are so easy to tinker with and replace parts made from many different companies. Does your macbook have an optical drive? I think Apple makes people use Apple branded stuff, so maybe Apple makes a bluray drive you could swap in?
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

All of these BTN shows are terrific. Thanks for all of the time and effort to put these together! Great job!

Totally agree, great quality shows. Thanks BTN :)
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Zod said:

Thanks,
    BIG D
    I just recently bought a MacBook Pro and while I still do my bluray burning on my PC, I have successfully used my (external) bluray burner to burn BD-R's on both the PC and the MacBook so I'm not sure it's an issue. Here's the burning drive I'm using now (and have never had any issues with it): http://www.amazon.com/Computer-International-External-Blu-Ray-SBW-06D2X-U/dp/B007581HIO/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1454593539&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=asus+blurray+burning+external

I'm slooooooooooowly transitioning from the PC to the Mac but plan to keep both around and still need to try out new bluray burning software since ImgBurn is not available for the Mac. I tried one out and it worked but I didn't like the interface much and don't recall the name. So I asked the same question over on the BTN FB page and the few answers I got back were that -

1. ISO's can be burned from disk utility that comes pre-installed on your Mac.
    2. ISO Burn Plus is great for burning ISO files, and is cheap (<$5)
    3. Toast Titanium is great but doesn't do ISO files but is great for all other burning tasks. Don't know about costs (yet).

As for discs, since I print directly on discs via my printer (Epson XP-810, remarkable quality for a home printer) I use PlexDisc Liquid Defense printable BD-R's. All other glossy printable BD-R's fail in comparison to these, and in all the time I've been using it I've had only ONE bad disc (which coincidentally was yesterday). Once Taiyo Yuden stopped making making printable glossy BD-R's PlexDisc picked up where they left off.
  • Options
    I second the vote on Plex Disc. Monkeewrench introduced me to them and they have been great. I've burned a few hundred at this point with ONE failure.. coincidentally this week. But I was seeding the STP torrent, printing covers, upping to Mega and burning. So I think I just taxed the memory. Not the discs fault.

PLEX DISC are awesome and inexpensive.
  • Options
    Love seeing these! They are always enjoyable to watch. I realize these are not for sale, but would anyone be willing to burn a few bluerays for a friend who doesn't have the means? I'm more than happy to cover the expenses! Send me a PM if you are willing.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I second the vote on Plex Disc. Monkeewrench introduced me to them and they have been great. I've burned a few hundred at this point with ONE failure.. coincidentally this week. But I was seeding the STP torrent, printing covers, upping to Mega and burning. So I think I just taxed the memory. Not the discs fault.

PLEX DISC are awesome and inexpensive.

It's funny you said that, Matt, because my PC was pretty well maxed out while the burning was happening.
  • Options

Love seeing these! They are always enjoyable to watch. I realize these are not for sale, but would anyone be willing to burn a few bluerays for a friend who doesn't have the means? I'm more than happy to cover the expenses! Send me a PM if you are willing.

I'm fairly backed up making discs now, mostly for the people that filmed the show. However if no one hooks you up by early next week, send me a PM.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    monkeewrench and mrussel1 thanks a ton! Great info from the both of you! Also, keep up the great work, it is much appreciated.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Saturday night bump... crack a beer, watch a show...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Where can you buy the Blu-Ray DVD? I love your work!!!

Monkeewrench is right. They are not for sale, rather just free trade, sharing, etc. We will never try to profit off of the band's good graces on these projects. Do you have the hardware to burn Blu-ray?
    Please point me to where to get the software to burn to blu-ray or download to blu-ray?
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I use this free program, ImgBurn -
    imgburn.com/
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    narnia said:

imgburn.com/

Yep. This is the way to go. Great program. Now are you familiar with how to download a torrent? If so, join Jam-River and you can download either the single or two disc version. Don't forget to seed to keep your ratio up.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    edited February 2016
    narnia said:

imgburn.com/

I used to burn everything pretty much via DVD Decrypter & Nero for all my VCD/SVCD & DVD needs. Since ImgBurn came out I got hooked with it. It's the only burning app I use for all things video & data. Rips & burns very good. Especially for .iso Blu-ray files & data BD-R DL's? It's wonderful! For audio burning I still use EAC (Exact Audio Copy).
  • Options
    Bissy77Bissy77 Minnesota Posts: 445
    Hey, Wanted to see if anyone would be willing to burn this for me? I do not have a burner and would love to get this. I'd be happy to help reimburse for the discs/shipping, ect.
    MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22
  • Options
    Bissy77 said:

Hey, Wanted to see if anyone would be willing to burn this for me? I do not have a burner and would love to get this. I'd be happy to help reimburse for the discs/shipping, ect.

If you don't have a volunteer by the end ofnthenweek, pm me.
  • Options
    It's amazing quality all the way around, audio, video, angles, lenses (those fish eye cut-ins and extreme close ups are just plain disgustingly sick!). Man, watching that video comp is the next best thing to being there. Those low angles and extreme cu of McCready working his pedals...damn...I mean, damn. It just doesn't get any better. The band rocked as usual as well and McReady's use of delay during his solo on Black is just plain awesome. Thanks a ton guys. I will watch this video many, many, many times! Looking forward to your next project/release!!!
    Dallas Lollapalooza '92
    Denton UNT '93
    Hartford '10
    Worcester 2 '13
    Hartford '13
    Philly 1 '16
    Philly 2 '16
    NYC MSG 2 '16
    Quebec City '16
    Fenway 1 '16
    Fenway 2 '16
    Wrigley 1 '16
    Wrigley 2 '16
  • Options
    ^ Thanks. It was great work by the camera guys for sure. I'm looking forward to watching it this weekend, for pleasure. I've watched it probably 12x straight through, along with the fact that each song probably takes about 3 hours at least to edit.
    But I can't wait to sit down, relax, drink some beers and blast the show.
  • Options
    I lost all my pc stuff recently. where can I DL this?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I can send you a link. The one on mega is the two disc, not the single 50 gb.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

that would be awesome! thanks!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

mrussel1 said:

that would be awesome! thanks!
    I just deleted it the other day from Mega because people have been uploading footage from the Florida swing. I'm on my way to Greenville tonight and going to the next three shows. So when I'm back next week, I'll download the FL videos and up Saint Paul. If I don't get back to you by late next week (post Raleigh) then ping me.
This discussion has been closed.