Options

All Things Cage The Elephant

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
love these guys. Saw them open for QOTSA before I had ever even heard of them. Incredible live energy. And so much better than Ain't No Rest For The Wicked. I will attempt to give a comprehensive rundown of this band.

Perfect Confusion: not CTE before they changed their name. it was the band 3 of the members were in before forming Cage. The band has always tried to distance themselves from the record they made in that band. But it does have similarities to Cage, so I've listed it here under their discography.

Perfect Confusion
Cage The Elephant
Daytrotter Session
Live at Grimey's (EP)
Thank You Happy Birthday
Live at the Vic in Chicago (CD/DVD)
Melophobia
Deep Hands: Live Session EP (iTunes only)
Tell Me I'm Pretty

B sides and non-album tracks:
Kids (Radio 1 lounge version)
Jesse James
Doctor Doctor Doctor Help Me Help Me Help Me
Carry Me In
Cover Me Again
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked (acoustic version)
The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol
Monkey Disease
Psycho Killer
False Skorpion
Baby Blue
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited December 2015
    anyone dropbox me their albums? Want to list before buying vinyls!!!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I love their self titled album. Saw them open for the Black Keys and almost thought they were the better band! It would be awesome to see them in a smaller club like venue!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I'm awaiting my signed cop of Tell me I'm pretty!!!
  • Options

I'm awaiting my signed cop of Tell me I'm pretty!!!

Me too after you twisted my arm ya bastard!!!

Can't wait.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I love how this band evolves with each record. cliche? yep. but with this band it's actually true. part of the reason I think they may have dropped off the radar with a lot of folks who liked them for Ain't No Rest For The Wicked. but it will give them longevity. I have loved every album, and each album is totally different from the next. And I love a band that actually puts out geniune b-sides!

come back to Winnipeg you bastards!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I've only heard two songs off the new record, one I didn't really love, and one was great. I'll have to go back and listen more.

But one thing's for sure, they are incredible live. Such energy. Was blown away when they opened for the Black Keys last year!

Also I once had to call Matt Schultz at a former internship....I felt very cool for the rest of the day, even though I just transferred him through to the big boss :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    They are doing an in store show at easy street, I'm going to try to go check it out...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Just bought the new album!
    Great so far!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    new dates- go on sale tomorrow

https://www.cagetheelephant.com/tour/
  • Options
    Anyone have a band presale code?
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    I've been on their mailing list for awhile now but have yet to receive an email of the new tour dates and the presale code for today at 10 am
  • Options
    I believe it to be TROUBLE
  • Options

Thank you. Which show(s) do you plan on hitting? I'll be at the Cleveland June 4th one. Pretty bummed they schedueld it the same day as Florence and the machine and Of Monsters and Men, but I like Cage better than those 2 anyway (and the venue is walking distance of my apartment)
  • Options

Thank you. Which show(s) do you plan on hitting? I'll be at the Cleveland June 4th one. Pretty bummed they schedueld it the same day as Florence and the machine and Of Monsters and Men, but I like Cage better than those 2 anyway (and the venue is walking distance of my apartment)
    Maybe Grand Rapids - not sure still an hour drive each way
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Just saw these guys in Portland, Maine on their Spring Fling tour. Amazing show. High energy and the coolest part was catching the setlist at the end of the show. Matt ripped it off the stage, crumpled into a ball, wrapped in some of the toughest duct tape I have ever seen, and threw it over to the section I was in. It took a little trickery to unravel, but we managed to salvage it. Pretty cool stuff. I highly recommend catching these guys if anyone has a chance!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
  • Options
    just saw that on facebook. looks cool.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think they were on colbert last night. or some talk show.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Just announced an acoustic tour. That will be cool.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

that would be super cool.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    I'll be at the DC show
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

:joy:
  • Options
    Got ORCH Center Row H today for the DC show... cant wait!!
  • Options
    ORCH Center Row P for the D.C. show... love the Lincoln! never seen them and stoked that first time is acoustic!
  • Options
    wish these jackasses would come back to winnipeg. saw them opening for QOTSA before they broke big. had no idea what the music sounded like in the shitty venue it was at.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    Truthfully not as into their most recent two albums but I love their second album. Wish they were coming closer to Dallas on this acoustic tour. Saw them play with STP at a festival back in 2011 and they were awesome, saw them again at Edgefest in 2013, not so much. I bet an acoustic headlining show would be pretty sweet though.
  • Options
    pj8 said:

Truthfully not as into their most recent two albums but I love their second album. Wish they were coming closer to Dallas on this acoustic tour. Saw them play with STP at a festival back in 2011 and they were awesome, saw them again at Edgefest in 2013, not so much. I bet an acoustic headlining show would be pretty sweet though.

I love all their albums as they are a band that takes risks, and so far, I have enjoyed those risks. they change it up every album, not just a rehash of Rest For The Wicked over and over.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pj8 said:

I love all their albums as they are a band that takes risks, and so far, I have enjoyed those risks. they change it up every album, not just a rehash of Rest For The Wicked over and over.
    I agree. I'm of the opinion this is one of the more underrated bands out there.

I was lucky to see them back up the Foos and I really enjoyed them. This was a few years ago when they were beginning to emerge and we're very raw on stage. I'm curious to know how they might have evolved from then.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    I love that they take risks and that is why I like their second album so much, it was a big step forward from the more straightforward rock sound of the first one. I just personally think the most recent two have gone in the wrong direction. Quite honestly I was under the impression at the 2013 show that they had kind of sold out after they were so great in 2011. I'd like to see them again though.