Vinyl- HBO

Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
edited December 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't think there's any way this show will be bad. Can't wait for this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iphllcTYOs

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Agreed. Looking forward to seeing it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    when this one will be on>?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734

Feb 14th. Still a few weeks out.

Feb 14th. Still a few weeks out.
    cool.thanks .i add it to my watch list at next episode,soi will not miss it
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    looking forward to this one
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    uh - turn your TV on now
  • Crumbs... missed this... add it to the list of shows I need to find.
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21
    I really liked it. Pilot episode was a bit too long and the ending was pretty strange, but definitely promising.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

I really liked it. Pilot episode was a bit too long and the ending was pretty strange, but definitely promising.

Yeah, I'll keep watching. Thought the end was really weird too. Thought he was tripping or something, but I guess not. Definitely too long too.

Yeah, I'll keep watching. Thought the end was really weird too. Thought he was tripping or something, but I guess not. Definitely too long too.
    Apparently that building collapse really did happen. I guess it didn't happen in the middle of a show like that, but it did come down around that same time period.

I'm pretty much obsessed with that whole era so this would have to be pretty bad for me not to watch. Will definitely keep watching.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    not ready to totally write it off yet but i watched the 1st hour and thought it was pretty boring. turned it off after that. i'll catch the 2nd hour at some point this week and see if i should give it another chance.
    I am obsessed with the era too.........drugs - rock n roll - sex - analog recording, what's not to love?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited February 2016
    pjhawks said:

not ready to totally write it off yet but i watched the 1st hour and thought it was pretty boring. turned it off after that. i'll catch the 2nd hour at some point this week and see if i should give it another chance.

Stick it out. It seems the first 2 hours are the setup for this guy spiraling out of control. I dug it, plus the music is great. Scorcese does like to drag things out a little. Similiar to Boardwalk Empire, I think he just kicked off the series and various people directed the upcoming episodes.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214

Apparently that building collapse really did happen. I guess it didn't happen in the middle of a show like that, but it did come down around that same time period.

I'm pretty much obsessed with that whole era so this would have to be pretty bad for me not to watch. Will definitely keep watching.
    Yeah I thought he was hallucinating that whole thing but I just read up on it. It apparently fell down around 5pm the night the NY Dolls were supposed to perform (that's the band he was in there seeing). So it was kind of accurate.

2nd hour was better than the first....and quite honestly, I though the previews for the rest of the season looked better than the pilot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,870
    I liked it, I think it will pick up to some extent. Looking forward to see what comes out of this.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Pilot too long, but I enjoyed the show, 90 minutes would have been better.

Not a fan of Romano at all, but at least he isn't the main character. I'll keep watching to see if it keeps my interest.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The episodes to come look fantastic,
    How many episodes total is this?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    RKCNDY said:

Pilot too long, but I enjoyed the show, 90 minutes would have been better.

Not a fan of Romano at all, but at least he isn't the main character. I'll keep watching to see if it keeps my interest.

Not a fan of his myself, but I thought he was pretty good in this. Stepping a little bit out of his cleaner image.

The episodes to come look fantastic,
    How many episodes total is this?

According to imdb.com, the main characters are listed for 10 episodes. Probably just the first season.

Not a fan of his myself, but I thought he was pretty good in this. Stepping a little bit out of his cleaner image.

Yeah, I'm trying to just watch the show, but he slips and his Kermit like 'yeah' pops out and it's like nails on a chalkboard! :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Not clicking Dan...:lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Already renewed for a Second Season by HBO
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    edited February 2016
    After last night, I am starting to feel like this show missed it's mark. Had high hopes, doesn't look like it's going to have a lot of substance. I found it hilarious that Scorcese didn't know who Ray Romano was when he auditioned.
    I like the show

I like the show

It's not the worst thing I have ever watched, something's missing and I can't put my finger on it.

I like the show

It's not the worst thing I have ever watched, something's missing and I can't put my finger on it.
    It's very jumpy and random. Kinda like Pulp Fiction, you're figuring out all the different story lines and seeing how they are being woven together...you just don't know how it's all going to come together exactly.
    Maybe I should be tripping to really understand it all.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I'm out. Didn't care for it.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    i like it..this era is epic and i like the way it goes
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,099
    I think it's pretty good

I wanna live in Juno Temples desk drawer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    CROJAM95 said:

I think it's pretty good

I wanna live in Juno Temples desk drawer

I wanna live in Juno Temple's drawers!
    I SAW PEARL JAM