Options

Pearl Jam Plays ‘Love Boat Captain’ in Tribute to Victims of Paris Attack

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
http://www.spin.com/2015/11/pearl-jam-love-boat-captain-paris-attack/

"Our love goes out to all in Paris," Eddie Vedder said introducing the song in São Paulo
Colin Joyce ProfileColin Joyce // November 16, 2015

During Pearl Jam’s performance in São Paulo, Brazil on Saturday, Eddie Vedder took some time to pay tribute to those lost in the attacks in Paris the night before. Introducing “Love Boat Captain,” their song that references the 2000 tragedy at Roskilde, Vedder addressed the crowd in Portuguese, saying, in rough translation, “Our love goes out to all in Paris.”

During the performance, he modified he song’s lyrics in an obvious dedication to those who were killed in the attacks. The original lyric “Lost 9 friends we’ll never know / Two years ago today” became what sounds like “Lost 90 friends we’ll never know / Oh, again today.” Watch video of the speech and performance here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTGPDFYIbw

Comments

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    PEACE, LOVE & PEARL JAM !!!
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    kce8 said:

• Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191
    It was strange to go back to the normality of work after spending this abnormal weekend checking on relatives and friends and reading every article on the subject.
    My bosses were kind enough to close the lines so that the phones do not ring during the silence minute.
    Friends and colleagues were, each in their own way, caring.
    Then I came home and listened to this Love Boat Captain, played in Sao Paulo. It was soothing, as Pearl Jam music always is. And I loved it.
    I was lucky enough not to lose any of my loved ones. But I guess that we all feel like we have lost 90 friends we'll never know

Peace, love & fuck terrorism
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    I too found solace in some of Pearl Jam's music after the terrorist attack. Actually been spending time listening to the Lightning Bolt album. I love the lyric in Getaway... "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith...in no faith". MYM, Sirens, Infallible, Pendulum all were on repeat listens.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191
    I love that lyric too, it helps me when I need this freedom from religion.
    Today it was "Hard to imagine" and "Dog in the sand" by Frank Black & the Catholics for me.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    awesome ...
    kce8 said:

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited November 2015
    dang I had no idea this guy has the whole concert in his channel
    can't get the link to work but the name is Gustavo Gregorutti

thanks spin!
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Listening to Arc endlessely in the dark, words can't tell how much you'll be missed. Love
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    Finally got to listen to this today. So beautiful. And to everyone who was there singing along, you sound beautiful too.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,625
    Just noticed that Matt has a pic of the Eiffel tower on his kit....