Options

Black Single How Many Exist?

I bought this very rare single of Pearl Jam's black about 2 years ago for a good amount of money, I never thought I would find one. It was released as a single in Austria without Eddie Vedder's permission. I don't know how many exist in the world but it is very rare. Does anybody know how many exist? I have it in my safety deposit box. Below is a quote from wikipedia about how it was not to be released as single. Also is link of me asking Eddie about the song in 09, I didn't know the conversation was being taped, comes in atabout 2 minutes. This song and Everlong are my 2 favorites of all time. IT IS NOT FOR SALE, NO OFFERS PLEASE. I can't seem to figure out how to post upload a picture of it but I attached a link of the cover from pjcollectors
"Despite pressure from Epic Records, the band refused to make it into a single, feeling that it was too personal and the feeling of it would be lost by a video or a single release. Vedder stated that "fragile songs get crushed by the business. I don't want to be a part of it. I don't think the band wants to be part of it."
Also is a youtube video of the first time I met Eddie Vedder in 09 and asked him about this song
http://www.pjcollectors.com/subcategory.asp?id=174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jAhS5VfFnw
"The pain is temporary the pride is forever."

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited November 2015
    It was released without permission from the band? Doesn't that mean it's an illegal bootleg CD? If so, I don't see why it would be worth anything..... But maybe I'm missing something here!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It was released without permission from the band? Doesn't that mean it's an illegal bootleg CD? If so, I don't see why it would be worth anything..... But maybe I'm missing something here!

It's worth about $150. Super rare but not many people know about it.

It's the reverse of Giveway...
  • Options
    cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    It is not an illegal bootleg, it has the record companies label on it. They just released it in very limited quantity in Europe without Ed's permission.
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    cent208 said:

It is not an illegal bootleg, it has the record companies label on it. They just released it in very limited quantity in Europe without Ed's permission.

Ah, I see.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    I love you Eddie, I love you man. Wowzers.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    There is one for sale on Discogs.com right now for about 161USD
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

I love you Eddie, I love you man. Wowzers.

as in lover/gay or family ??

black is my fave song