Options

Need Advice: I'm Traveling from NY to Buenos Aires>Porto Alegre>Sao Paulo

I could really use some advice. I am traveling solo to the PJ shows in Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre and Sao Paulo. I have the flights all planned but I would really love to connect with some other PJ fans while I am there. Does anyone have hotels they are staying at in these cities, I would love to book a room at some hotels where other fans are staying. I am also wondering if there is transportation to the venues in these cities, I haven't done the research yet but are there any travel arrangements I should make prior to arriving in these cities to get to the venues? Any help or advice would be so appreciated. I am looking forward to this experience and just want to make sure I can figure all this out, doing it alone, at least just the arrangements has my head spinning. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    See you at the Buenos Aires party before the show..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I usually don't do all this last minute, but now I'm looking for tickets on the webpage that you get sent to when you click on the Pearl Jam tour page...are tickets really $800 a piece? Does anyone have any extra tickets to these shows? Are there other outlets to get tickets? Thanks again for any help...
  • Options
    You don't have tickets for the shows??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    I have nothing but flights and an aching to see the band outside the US to experience it all! Tall order, but I think, and hope, it will come together.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I believe in you and that it will all work out for you.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Youu can still tix on pj site, contact dimitris for the rest
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Hey, anyone going that can hook me up with the stickers, I have some NYC stickers available for trade. Let me know! Have fun at the shows!
  • Options
    Brazil requires a travel visa that takes a few weeks to get. Jump on that if you need one.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181

Brazil requires a travel visa that takes a few weeks to get. Jump on that if you need one.

Do this ASAP
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Meet up with the world wide travelling contingent. They will probably have a spare or something. Good luck, and travel smart.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am working on the VISA application as we speak! First appointment is not until Oct 15th! They are telling me I will be fine, this should be interesting...Any hotel in Sao Paulo or Porto Alegre that Fans are mostly staying at? I have secured a Sao Paulo ticket through a fan, so one down!
  • Options
    I don't know about Brazil, but in Argentina you have to pay reciprocity fees, basically, it's a tax to visit the country (and leave in one piece :p

• Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,461
    if need help with Porto Alegre and São Paulo tickets, let me know, i can help to buy these.
    all the best
    Vini
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • Options
    branscop said:

Do this ASAP
    Took us 15 business days from door to door..Unreal difficult and fill out too..Not well scripted, from Canada anyway
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    Can someone please add me to the Latin America tour FB group? Thanks! This is coming together one message at a time, I can't thank you all enough for your time, I love working under the pressure but I know some people do not, thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    I found the Latin America FB group page...
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    cardoso said:

if need help with Porto Alegre and São Paulo tickets, let me know, i can help to buy these.
    all the best
    Vini

Vini is a BIG help!!
  • Options
    I am all booked, have flights and hotels. I am working on the Visa application now and will set up appointment...I am now looking to get tickets to the shows, I have a lead on a paper ticket from a fan to Sao Paulo show, if anyone has extras to Buenos Aires and Porto Alegre please let me know. I will contact Vini too for some help with this...thanks!
  • Options
    glad you are almost set

• Options
    So, I ran around all day getting my paperwork in order for the Visa application, to my surprise and utter disbelief, the first appointment the Brazil Consulate in NY has is on October 16th! So I have to wait until then to get the ball rolling. I made the appointment then went down there in person and the gentleman there told me that with my flight being on November 4th, the Visa should arrive in time. Sweating it out...The FB page will help me figure out transportation to the shows and all that?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Also hope that the Congress gets their shit together and don't end up shutting the government down this Thursday.
  • Options
    oh boy...
  • Options
    I'm not sure but i think the BA show its almost sold out..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    dcarlsonpjdcarlsonpj Minneapolis Posts: 55
    I would fly to Chicago....we have a Brazilian consulate, just got our paperwork in last week. Will be done in 8 business days. Easiest process, took 15 minutes once we got there.
    http://chicago.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

Good luck! See you in Brazil.
  • Options
    I think you can only apply at the consulate that covers the region you live in.