Options

John Bonham died Sept 25th in 1980 - 10 Led Zep vids to watch the greatest drummer ever

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
edited September 2015 in Other Music
This man is the reason I love truly great drums and great drum solos (he set the bar so high IMO that no drummer has ever even come close to bettering him and probably never will). He showed me what can really be done with drums, and I could listen to JB drum solos all day and night. He's also a big factor in making Led Zeppelin one of the greatest bands of all time. Thank god I discovered them young. They were THE band that turned me from dumb kiddie crap to actual great music. Of all the terrible deaths that happened to great artists, this is the one that I personally feel the worst about (not that it's a competition obviously), which is saying a lot. Such a loss.

VH1 made this article complete with 10 videos. These are not all necessarily the vids I would personally choose to highlight John Bonham, but since they already did the work... ;)

http://www.vh1.com/news/209488/john-bonham-most-epic-drum-moments/

(PS - I thought it was the 25th today... one day late, lol)
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Died just one to two weeks before I was born.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited September 2015

Died just one to two weeks before I was born.

So you aren't too clear on your birth date? You seem to only have a general idea about it, hahaha. ;)
    I was 4 when he died.... Literally the only reason I wish I'd been born 20 years earlier is so that I could have seen as many LZ concerts as possible (well, seeing Hendrix also would have been great).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Best drummer ever. Such a crisp, hard, dead center sound to his drum beats.
    "My brain's a good brain!"