Options

Singles LP Reissue??...Nope...Blame it on Corgan

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited August 2015 in The Porch
http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-10/corgan-blocked-reissue-of-classic-soundtrack

"Billy Corgan says he scuppered a planned reissue of the soundtrack for classic 90s film Singles.
When the label approached Corgan about a reissue 20 years after the original soundtrack's release, he told them to "fuck off,"

aqo2t.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    I think Billy Corgan should take his own advice.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    "Scuppered?"
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    BLAME IT ON THE RAIN !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,986
    edited August 2015
    I know there is another thread, but just in case someone reads this and not that. this quote is a key take away that makes the headline/thread title false.
    My only revenge was when they came back 20 years later and they wanted to do the reissue of it, and they asked for their demo, and I told them to fuck off. Slight revenge, I took money out of my own pocket, but that’s the way it goes.”

no reissue was delayed/canned. It just won't have a Drown demo. thats all. move along. The original Drown will still be there.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,484
    Sadly, this is what the Internet has become. One website (Alternative Nation) posts a story. Another website takes this story and puts their own spin on it (Team Rock) which is completely wrong. And no one really looks into it because everything has been boiled down to headlines/digests that are 140 characters or less.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861

Sadly, this is what the Internet has become. One website (Alternative Nation) posts a story. Another website takes this story and puts their own spin on it (Team Rock) which is completely wrong. And no one really looks into it because everything has been boiled down to headlines/digests that are 140 characters or less.

Sorry I only read the first line of your post, please shorten it up in the future... :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,484
    a5pj said:

Sorry I only read the first line of your post, please shorten it up in the future... :)
    LOL, well played.
This discussion has been closed.