Options

Yield Album Art

I'm going to start off by saying I know this seems to be a very irrelevant and specific question but it will help a lot if anybody has any information on this for me. I was told the main album art for yield (the road going into the background with the hills and clouds) was originally a pastel concept drawing and then later digitalized into a photo by the artist/others. After being told that I looked at the picture and find it believable that that is true. It does look a bit tampered with by a computer. Does anybody know if this is a common thing for bands to do? If so or if not, is this something Pearl Jam did with Yield?

Thank you in advance,
Stone

Comments

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    In PJ20, there is a sequence where Jeff and the crew find the exact spot on a Montana road where the Yield cover was shot. It is known that the sign was added in digitally.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Go here in Montana and you will probably feel differently... My notes from 2012...

Yield cover photo location
    Rt 200 29 miles east of Lincoln just past mile marker 100
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    considering yield signs are hidden in every song page picture, it is a good bet it was edited. probably hand and photo done vs computer due to the time frame. darkroom is a fun place wher magic happens
  • Options
    stonevsstonevs Posts: 64
    maverick said:

Go here in Montana and you will probably feel differently... My notes from 2012...

For the past 30 minutes I've been trying to find that location on google earth but I can't get the exact spot. Have you found it on google earth before? If so please help. Thanks for the info btw haha that helps tremendously
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    stonevs said:

maverick said:

For the past 30 minutes I've been trying to find that location on google earth but I can't get the exact spot. Have you found it on google earth before? If so please help. Thanks for the info btw haha that helps tremendously
    Sorry, I haven't tried on Google earth. I made a note when I was there in a car looking for the same shot. My best suggestion is to find Lincoln Montana, then follow route 200 east. The shot is just past an intersection, and there weren't a ton of intersections (to my memory 3 years later).
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"