Options

BBE Soul Vibe help

I let my friend borrow the pedal but I got it back and there's a problem. The LED barely lights up (like the battery is dead but it's plugged into a power supply). The intensity also seems to be much less than it used to be. I haven't tried to fix the DIY mod since I first got it (like 5 or 6 years ago). Any idea what's going on?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    edited July 2015
    It's possible that the power supply circuitry in the pedal is damaged but a few things can cause the symptoms you describe. First, I would try a different power supply, just to eliminate that as a possibility. If that doesn't change anything, try a powering it with a battery. If it works, the power jack is likely defective. Next, try cleaning the input jack with electronic contact cleaner. (I use Deoxit D5 and it works great.) Since the power is interrupted when you disconnect the input lead, a dirty jack or cable plug can make a high resistance connection and not allow the power supply to deliver what the pedal needs. Barring any of those, make sure you are not daisy chaining too many pedals together and exceeding the power supply's capabilities.

Otherwise, contact BBE and see if they have a service department.

Good luck!
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Thanks for the help. I forgot to mention that the light did turn on, eventually, but then died down (as if there was a battery problem). I will try a new power supply in the morning
  • Options
    Any progress on this?
  • Options
    xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Haven't had a chance to look, yet. Was on medical leave until yesterday and now I'm back running fire/EMS calls so I've been extremely busy. Mix in that our Ice Cream Social (longest running one in the US) is Friday and I'm swamped. I won't get a chance until Saturday or Sunday. I'll keep you updated.Thank you so much for your help.
  • Options
    Should be able to hook everything up and test it out this weekend. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Spent Saturday working with some kids and then about 9 hours working on my Jeep. needless to say, I didn't get to the Soulvibe. Tomorrow will be more Jeep work but I am hoping to be done by dinner time. Stay tuned.