Options

90 min set

2»

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    Chris Martin is a PJ fan by the way. He sat two rows in front of our ten club seats at MSG in 2008.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

JimmyV said:

Pretty sure it is hard 10pm curfew too.

PJ have been known to break hard curfews and being that this is a one time only show, they can afford to go past 10 pm a little bit. If they did break curfew, it would make for a memorable experience, lol.

Central Park is extremely strict with curfews. Just think of the people who live around the park- they have money and power and the organizers will not want to mess with that. I've never heard of a show going late in the park but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    What about DMB? That show was around 2 hrs and 20min or bit longer.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    People are stressing too much about this, as they do about festival performances in general. Who cares if it's only 90 mins and they play the hits? Go and enjoy it!

It's still PJ live, in Central Park of all places. I wish I had the chance to go.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    tino_11 said:

People are stressing too much about this, as they do about festival performances in general. Who cares if it's only 90 mins and they play the hits? Go and enjoy it!

It's still PJ live, in Central Park of all places. I wish I had the chance to go.

Pearl Jam hits are better than anybody else's hits.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

JimmyV said:

PJ have been known to break hard curfews and being that this is a one time only show, they can afford to go past 10 pm a little bit. If they did break curfew, it would make for a memorable experience, lol.

Central Park is extremely strict with curfews. Just think of the people who live around the park- they have money and power and the organizers will not want to mess with that. I've never heard of a show going late in the park but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    I think the DMB show was their own show though. Not part of a festival, so they probably had more say in how long they wanted to play.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    HILDE said:

I bought tix but am coming from MIL. After hearing it may only be a 90min set I may reconsider. Love PJ but don't have much cash to dispense on a 16 song set list.

what is "MIL"? I think the set list is reduced because of all of the speeches. When I looked up comments about the past global citizen festivals, a lot of people commented "tons of speeches", as they're still trying to coordinate activism, etc.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

Coldplay?
    Really?
    Cheers to all the PJ fans who attend this concert.

I talked so much shit about Coldplay until I was dragged to one of their concerts a few years ago. Consider myself a fan now.
    tee hee--you're not the first person I know who was converted after going to a show.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

JimmyV said:

I think the DMB show was their own show though. Not part of a festival, so they probably had more say in how long they wanted to play.
    True, but even back then I bet they had some sort of curfew regardless if it was strict or a little bit of leeway

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Is rather a 2 hour set of all hits than a 1.5 with 2-3 lost dogs or rarities.

This is a one off show broadcast to the world. I have no problem hearing Better Man and Daughter. They aren't my first choices but I'm a Pearl Jam fan and like those songs too.

That being said they will probably throw in an oddball or two anyway.

• Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited July 2015

AlaG said:

Coldplay?
    Really?

I talked so much shit about Coldplay until I was dragged to one of their concerts a few years ago. Consider myself a fan now.
    tee hee--you're not the first person I know who was converted after going to a show.
    Saw them twice. I had the same experience after the first time I saw them. I was not a fan but really enjoyed the show. I saw them a second time and lost all interest in them. Decent performance, but Chris Martin seems like such a douche and the show was too scripted and seemed geared towards 21 year olds who also like matchbox 20. To make matters worse, I'm embarrassed to say that I fucking skipped seeing sigur ros that same night (both were playing in Houston the same night). I remember as Coldplay played "yellow" I was thinking I needed to drink as much as humanly possible because I should have gone to sigur ros. Very embarrassed about my choice.
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I loved Parachutes, and Yellow is up there with a handful of epic love songs that make me melt every time. Their second album was pretty good too then it all kinda went to shit. I do like Chris Martin's enthusiasm though, and his performance with Michael Stipe during the Sandy benefit was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever witnessed.

Maybe they can figure out a way to do a Speed of Sound mashup! Pearl Play? Cold Jam?
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    I need to hear Parachutes live one day :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Spoken said:

I need to hear Parachutes live one day :)

Fantastic pee break song.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    dr122931 said:

AlaG said:

Coldplay?
    Really?

Saw them twice. I had the same experience after the first time I saw them. I was not a fan but really enjoyed the show. I saw them a second time and lost all interest in them. Decent performance, but Chris Martin seems like such a douche and the show was too scripted and seemed geared towards 21 year olds who also like matchbox 20. To make matters worse, I'm embarrassed to say that I fucking skipped seeing sigur ros that same night (both were playing in Houston the same night). I remember as Coldplay played "yellow" I was thinking I needed to drink as much as humanly possible because I should have gone to sigur ros. Very embarrassed about my choice.
    Saw Coldplay in 2002- really good show
    Saw Coldplay in 2005- really shitty show
    Saw Sigur Ros in 2013- AMAZING...

sorry dude, but hope you get a chance to catch them live.
    PS- Rise UP!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

The set list will be geared for the average Beyonce fan

lol
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I want to hear Ed sing 'All the Single Ladies'.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Regarding the DMB show. Maybe just maybe they started in time that allowed them to play as long as they usually do. And they didn't have two opening acts that are way more famous than they are.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I think the only ones who are going to be disappointed by Global Citizen are those who walk in with unrealistic expectations. This band is awesome, this band always brings it, and on 9/26 they'll rock Central effing Park! How cool is that?

I agree with you.
    Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow Virginia, 7-1-2003; Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin, 3-9-2011 & 4-9-2011; Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica, 11-20-2011; 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic, 7-2-2012; 02 World, Berlin, Germany, 7-4-2012; Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-7-2012; Oslo Spektrum, Norway, 7-9-2012; Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark, 7-10-2012; 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, Maryland, 10-27-2013; Global Citizen Festival, NYC, 9-26-2015; Foro Sol, México D.F., 11-28-2015; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-01-2016; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-02-2016; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington, 8-8-2018; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington 8-10-2018.
    http://livefootsteps.org/USER/?USR=1225