Options

25 Years of Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has been funded! :) Lots of signed Ed & Pearl Jam goodies!

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Whomever snagged the Into The Wild Edition got the rare Picture disc for $500 and the book for free. Great grab on that one. Those are hard to come by and can go for more than that on eBay. Congrats if you post here.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited July 2015
    If anyone wants my signed and sketched book i'll probably sell it for a really fair price when it comes in. Not trying to be rude just have to offset the cost of that album and never been a fan of comics like that.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    WOW!! Sweet score for whoever scored this one today.

Pledge $500 or more
    1 backer All gone!

INTO THE WILD EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and SKETCHED by Tom Tomorrow! PLUS a sealed promo-only INTO THE WILD vinyl picture disc with bonus 7" and lyric booklet. You collectors know how rare this one is! Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    One of these is available right now!!

• Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Gone
  • Options
    Wonder how many people will back out the last day prior to being charged as a backer??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    PP193448 said:

Wonder how many people will back out the last day prior to being charged as a backer??

Does that happen a lot on the last day of Kickstarters?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I think a few might. Did so with the Ponos. Some things can definitely change in the next 2 weeks with people's finances that might cause someone to back out. Wouldn't hold my breath, but you never know.
  • Options
    I really want one of these records. If anyone changes their mind, please contact me. Thank you.
  • Options
    13 day's to go ..
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    That Backspacer printer's proof poster is pretty cool!

There is 1 VEDDER SHOW POSTER EDITION left for grabs.

Pledge $130 or more

VEDDER SHOW POSTER EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and stamped by Tom Tomorrow! PLUS an 18x24 silk screened poster by Tom Tomorrow for Eddie Vedder's Nov. 30, 2012 Ft. Lauderdale show with Glen Hansard, signed and numbered by Tom Tomorrow. Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    9 day's to go ..

Update #6
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

Well I continue to watch the success of this Kickstarter with some mixture of awe, gratitude and utter disbelief.

I'm also working very long days, getting my normal weekly work out and then continuing to clean up TMW25. Once we added in the Very Silly Mayor, that threw the page count off, and made volume two much bigger than volume one, so I had to move some pages from latter to the former, which then caused some other layout problems I had to solve. And at this point the pagination is entirely different than it was a few weeks ago, which means I have to go through and edit every note where I say "related cartoon on p. __", and make sure that actualy points to the right cartoon.

And so on.

Usually I like to take it a little easier during the summer, but it's been a good trade-off.

I've also been giving some thought to the tattoo I hope to be getting. People jokingly frame it as "let's make Dan get a tattoo," but of course I wouldn't have put it out there if it weren't something I wanted to do. I have a tattoo on my right arm already (of Tintin's rocket blasting off), which dates back to the early nineties -- around the time my career starting taking off, now that I think about it. I've been thinking about getting something new for a couple of years, but could never quite decide what … but if this isn't a perfect life-changing, head-changing moment to commemorate, I don't think one exists. I probably won't get to it immediately -- getting this book out the door is going to be my first post-Kickstarter priority -- but hopefully before the end of the year. Assuming we reach $250K of course, but with ten days to go, it seems entirely possible.

I've also been working on the design for the 3D lenticular cover, though as I'm getting deeper into that process, I will give you one small head's up: if I'm not happy with, or have any hesitation about, the probable quality of the final printed piece, I reserve the right to bail on that one. Producing a lenticular image is a complicated process, and these books are way too important to me -- I'm definitely not going to risk putting anything substandard on them. Quality all the way, as Donald Trump might say.

Okay, time to get back to editing my THOUSAND PAGE BOOK …

Dan
  • Options
    5 day's to go!!
  • Options
    If the records are in hand will we get them before the book gets released?
  • Options

I don't believe so but it would be pretty sweet if those ED & PJ items get ship out first before the Jan '16 release of the physical book. The PDF file of the book will be available for download this September.
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 393
    demetrios said:

I don't believe so but it would be pretty sweet if those ED & PJ items get ship out first before the Jan '16 release of the physical book. The PDF file of the book will be available for download this September.
    I backed a movie coming out in 2016 and the deal included a tshirt. The tshirt arrived a few days ago so it is entirely possible that it could happen this time also. Would be so good to get that signed Backspacer soon... oooh yeah
  • Options
    I honestly dont care about the book so bring on the vinyl!
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Less than $1000 away from the final goal. Looks like $250k and a new tattoo will be a reality soon. Congrats to DP
  • Options
    Congrats Dan. Just passed the 250 grand mark.

• Options
    If anyone is thinking about dropping their pledge for anything that includes a signed Backspacer, please contact me. Thank you.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    I hope they ship the record separately. The thought of an lp being shipped with a big book is scary when done by someone who possibly doesn't know how to ship records.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    With 4 day's left just a heads up if you are still looking to score any of the Pearl Jam / Eddie Vedder rewards. Keep F5'ing the last few hours of the Kickstarter campaign. There are usually hoarders who will cancel their rewards & put the item back for taking. Just keep an eye out. It always happens.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432

I hope they ship the record separately. The thought of an lp being shipped with a big book is scary when done by someone who possibly doesn't know how to ship records.

Excellent point. I may email him to ask that question.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Update #7: home stretch
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

Man, this has definitely been one of the crazier months of my life. And here we are past the $250K mark, where I tossed in a wacky stretch goal almost as an aside, not really believing we'd get there. Not to worry, I have a tattoo design in mind, and have been researching local shops. It'll probably have to wait 'til late August or early September, though -- I've got a few other details to take care of once this thing wraps up, and I'm actually taking a week off in August to go on vacation with my family.

This has been an amazing ride and I'm excited to see where it all ends up on Tuesday. It has already exceeded my wildest expectations, and I'd be content if it stalled out right now -- but this campaign is also making a statement now, about my work specifically but also, I'd like to think, about the continued viability of alt-weekly comics in general -- and I'd like to make that statement a huge one. So with four days remaining, I could still use some help with signal boost. Post the link on Facebook, tweet it, email it to your friends and relatives! Let's see if we can kick this thing into the stratosphere. Actually I think it's already in the stratosphere -- let's bump it up into the mesosphere.

Wish me luck. Four more days and I might finally be able to get a decent night's sleep for the first time in a month…

Dan

PS: One practical update of interest: I finally got some samples of our printer's 3d lenticular work, and my fears have been greatly allayed -- the depth and detail are stunning. So I think we're "all systems go" for the 3d cover...
  • Options
    Final 24 hours!
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

Well, this has been a crazy month. And at 4 pm Eastern today, this campaign enters the final 24 hours.

This is the culmination of 25 years of my life. Obviously it's been enormously successful so far (and I thank every one of you for this extraordinary response), but I'm hoping for a big final push before the clock runs out. This has certainly been a demonstration of TMW's continued popularity (budget-cutting editors notwithstanding!), but as I've said previously, I'd like to think it also demonstrates the ongoing viability of alt-weekly comics in general.

So even though I'm certainly doing very well, I'd be enormously grateful for any last minute help with signal boost -- tweet it, post it on Facebook, email it to your friends and relatives, shout it from the rooftops!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomorrow/25-years-of-tomorrow

Many, many thanks! I'll check in again tomorrow after this thing finally winds down…

Dan

:)
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Come on gang, get this kickstarter to $300,000, we have a few hours left. If that happens, then tom tomorrow will have a party at the mark twain house for backers. Who knows, maybe pj will play that night... :)
  • Options
    10 hours left!!!
  • Options
    9 hours left. For those still trying for one of those signed Backspacer records or any other Eddie Vedder & Pearl Jam items, you might be in luck .. maybe. Usually at the end of these Kickstarter Campaigns many backers .. backout. It's true. Hours, minutes, seconds before the campaign ends some will cancel their campaign. This is where you come in. Keep F5'ing. The easiest way to process an order is to have already backed a previous item from the campaign, because your credit card info is already saved. So when you exchange for a different item, it's a quick process. I hope this all makes sense. Good luck! :)https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomorrow/25-years-of-tomorrow
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    how are those picks... the set of 7?

Is there anything compelling about the set that makes them worth $250?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

how are those picks... the set of 7?

Is there anything compelling about the set that makes them worth $250?

This 6 I have in this photo are pretty freaking sweet!

Missing is the ED VED one. EV Batman. Come on!!! That alone is AWESOME!!!