Options

25 Years of Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has been funded! :) Lots of signed Ed & Pearl Jam goodies!

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited July 2015
    How about 2 hugs and 3 high fives???
    Oh, and is it an old signature style or new one? Can I have Paul verify your signature??
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    PP193448 said:

How about 2 hugs and 3 high fives???
    Oh, and is it an old signature style or new one? Can I have Paul verify your signature??

Damn you, Patrick...always topping my bids!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Are more items being added? It might get hard to stop myself from funding This thing even more LOL

He's over 100k now and publicly thanked the band for their items. Did he say he's getting more from them?
  • Options
    I hope so, cause I was dumb enough to pass up the signed Backspacer when only 2 were backed.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Maybe some new added this Monday.
  • Options
    Amazing first week
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

Well this week has been simultaneously exhilarating and exhausting! As I'm writing this, the campaign is at $138,063, well on its way to the "endpaper" goal, and maybe even the Very Silly Mayor goal after that! I'm hoping we reach the latter—it adds some expense to the compilation of course, but I've just learned that the publisher who put that book out is at the very tail end of the print run, and as far as I know there are no plans to print another edition. So with that in mind, it would definitely be a good thing to get the Mayor into TMW 25 as well.

I really can't thank you all enough for this outpouring of support. Somebody on Facebook said that I was apparently the only person on the internet who didn't think this project would be a success, but you know, week to week a lot of the feedback I get is from people who are upset or angry about one thing or another, so these things may be harder to see from my vantage point than you'd think. I generally hoped there was a larger reservoir of good will out there, but I wasn't 100% sure of it.

So: these are my expectations, being stretched and pulled apart and put back together in entirely different configurations.

For the first time in quite awhile, it feels like the sky's the limit.

Some of the media coverage we've gotten so far: Mother Jones, the Washington Post, the Huffington Post (they said I "shattered" Kickstarter) and Inc. Magazine.

I'm planning on taking the weekend off, to the extent possible, and then re-engaging next week. I need some rest, I've been firing on all cylinders all week!

Dan
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    Additional products up now (signed backspacer, picks and tambourine).
  • Options
    New Eddie Vedder signed goodies have just been added over @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomorrow/25-years-of-tomorrow

Top to bottom: 18″ (approx) clear drumhead with Ed Vedder signature and wave art in black and silver sharpie; non-show-used tambourine with signature and wave art in black and silver; snare drumhead with signature and wave art in black and silver. Snare drumhead backers receive may look slightly different (no dot in center).

Pledge $1,200 or more

SIGNED/WAVE ART SNARE DRUMHEAD EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and SKETCHED by Tom Tomorrow, and white snare drumhead with Eddie Vedder signature and wave art in black and silver sharpie. Approx. 14 inches, two are all white, one has a dot in the center as shown at link below — since these are being shipped directly from backers from Seattle we cannot guarantee which version you will get. Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.

Limited (3)

Pledge $1,000 or more

SIGNED/WAVE ART TAMBOURINE EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and SKETCHED by Tom Tomorrow, and a non-stage-used, tambourine with Eddie Vedder signature and wave art in black and silver sharpie. Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.

Limited (2)

Pledge $1,500 or more

You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and SKETCHED by Tom Tomorrow, and an approx. 18" clear drumhead with Eddie Vedder signature and wave art in black and silver sharpie. Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.

Limited (3)
  • Options
    RARE PICKS EDITION. 5 more have been added!!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomorrow/25-years-of-tomorrow

Backspacer vinyl signed by the whole band & set of 7 guitar picks.

Pledge $750 or more

RARE PICKS EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and SKETCHED by Tom Tomorrow, AND a vinyl copy of Pearl Jam's album, Backspacer, SIGNED BY THE BAND!

You'll also get seven guitar picks designed for Eddie Vedder by Tom (White Futura, Black Futura, White Sparky, Black Sparky, Batmobile, Batgirl, Edved). Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.

Images at thismodernworld.com/kickstarter
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    *edit
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    Nice additions! Backspacers gone again!
  • Options
    1 clear signed drum head left. All the other's have been called for.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Whew... Just snagged the Backspacer/picks deal.
    Thanks Dave and Demetrios for the heads up... You guys always looking out for us. :peace:
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Missed them again! Man these things are moving fast.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I know. I wanted the clear drumhead, but someone's fingers were just too damn fast for me to compete. I just wish whomever has the pledge for the guitar changes his/her mind and drops it to me...of course if Kickstarter will take payment plan say over 10 years???
  • Options
    mmearhoffmmearhoff Posts: 282
    That would be me, I debated on whether to buy. Wife talked me into it. What a great wife.
  • Options
    mmearhoff said:

That would be me, I debated on whether to buy. Wife talked me into it. What a great wife.

OMG... My wife would kill me...you better buy her something with the next 10k you've got laying around... That's awesome dude. Seriously, if you change your mind on the guitar please pm me. :peace:
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    PP193448 said:

Whew... Just snagged the Backspacer/picks deal.
    Thanks Dave and Demetrios for the heads up... You guys always looking out for us. :peace:

Ditto. Thank you guys!
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by thebends9 on
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    Oh
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited July 2015
    Awesome of the guys to sign 5 more albums. I think we'll need a signed Backspacer check-in thread with pics next winter. i want to see how everyone chose to hang it.

More than a Benny or anything else my holy grail was a signed LP from them where i knew 100% it was authentic. This bad boy will be passed down to my kid one day.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I grabbed a pick and backspacer version

Thanks, obama
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    Twice now I miss tambourine. All I want is a tambourine, is that too much to ask for? :bawling:
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    Darn missed out again...
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    MayDay10 said:

I grabbed a pick and backspacer version

Thanks, obama

I forgot all about this until I looked at this thread today and saw this post.

Wow... I cant believe I scored this! So stoked!
  • Options
    —NEW! Just to keep things interesting, if we hit $200K we'll include a 5 inch tall die-cut vinyl weatherproof RANTING SPARKY STICKER with every copy of the book!

Sparky sticker! (mockup, final product may vary.)
  • Options
    Project Update #4
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

Hey all,

Well we're now officially into surreal territory (I believe $175K marked the border). I've just added a $200K stretch goal, a five inch tall die-cut Sparky sticker (which is something I've always wanted to make, and this seems like a good moment for it). If we pass that one, I'll probably come up with another sticker design for you. And then we'll be on the home stretch to the tattoo.

With twenty days to go, who knows what can still happen!

But honestly, everything is gravy from here. This book that I've been working on so hard for such a long time will be a real thing in the world. This work, which was scattered all over my hard drives and in various storage spots in my house, has been organized and given coherent structure, in a way that no one else could ever have done. THAT goal has been achieved, and I thank you all sincerely for that.

The stickers would still be cool, though!

Dan

PS: I did a long podcast with a guy named Gil Roth last week. He was a great interviewer, and I sound reasonably coherent, given my level of fatigue at the time!
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    More goodies up...

$150
    VEDDER SHOW POSTER EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and stamped by Tom Tomorrow! PLUS an 18x24 silk screened poster by Tom Tomorrow for Eddie Vedder's Nov. 30, 2012 Ft. Lauderdale show with Glen Hansard, signed and numbered by Tom Tomorrow. Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.
    Image at 

thismodernworld.com/kickstarter

(copy and paste link)

$300
    BACKSPACER PRINTER'S PROOF POSTER EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and stamped by Tom Tomorrow! PLUS a poster-sized printer's proof of the printed Backspacer album cover artwork, with two images of the album cover and various color registration marks, on 28x40 paper stock. NOTE: THERE IS NO ALBUM INCLUDED. These are the proofs the printer sent to me and to the band for final approval right before the print run. Ultra rare -- unless you are friends with the band, there is nowhere else to get these. PLEASE see the photos at the link below for details (there is no center "brain" image because of the die-cut.) Proofs may have slight wrinkling. Signed to you personally by Tom Tomorrow. Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.
    Image at 

thismodernworld.com/kickstarter

(copy and paste link)

$500
    INTO THE WILD EDITION: You'll get the hardcover book, with a bookplate signed and SKETCHED by Tom Tomorrow! PLUS a sealed promo-only INTO THE WILD vinyl picture disc with bonus 7" and lyric booklet. You collectors know how rare this one is! Also includes the PDF and six-month email subscription.
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    edited July 2015
    More Backspacer stuff up! Go...

Printers Proof Poster Edition & EV Solo Poster...

https://kickstarter.com/projects/tomorrow/25-years-of-tomorrow/description
    Post edited by fanofzs on