Options

Tour, did I miss something....

wawwaw Posts: 61
So I'm not the most observant crayon in the box, but when you click on the Tour tab under the S.A. dates, was Eddie Vedder tour dates always listed at the bottom of the page??? Or am I just totally looking to far into something?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    waw said:

So I'm not the most observant crayon in the box, but when you click on the Tour tab under the S.A. dates, was Eddie Vedder tour dates always listed at the bottom of the page??? Or am I just totally looking to far into something?

It's already been discussed.... yes, people are taking it as a possible hint that Eddie will announce some solo shows soon. But that's just conjecture. There haven't been any other hints, so who knows.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Eddie with The Who was listed there.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    CopperTom said:

Eddie with The Who was listed there.

this
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, but I think it was put there before that was listed, and is still there.... which is why some people think it might mean more shows to come.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited June 2015
    i know most people will hate me for saying this, but I kind of wish Eddie just would mostly back off the solo thing. its excessive and unnecessary especially when PJ just played the region.

Eddie with PJ is always best. Eddie solo is ok for an encore or a preshow.

sorry eddie, but those other 4 guys really do make a difference in the sound.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    vaggar99 said:

Entirely different sound, IMO. You're talking about a stadium/arena/shed show vs a small theater holding one guy with a few acoustic instruments... ITW, Uke Songs, etc...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

Entirely different sound, IMO. You're talking about a stadium/arena/shed show vs a small theater holding one guy with a few acoustic instruments... ITW, Uke Songs, etc...
    sure, matter of opinion. plenty of people seem to be love Ed's solo shows. I love Eddie...my favorite singer/songwriter of all time...hands down.

the thing with Ed is that he's not a perfect musician by any means. that's not a bad thing, but it does mean he needs a strong backing band to keep him from faltering. just my opinion
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'd love another Ed solo show.
  • Options
    I think that with all the side projects and albums that Pearl Jam has going on maybe 2015 is the year that they have collectively realized that Pearl Jam is no more.

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i really think it is more about their own families. stone has 2 very young children. priorities change. i never thought they would do any more shows this year than what has been announced. to me its enough to pay the bills and chill for a while. but the more time they take off the harder it may be to get out there.
  • Options
    PJ25 2016
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    vaggar99 said:

i know most people will hate me for saying this, but I kind of wish Eddie just would mostly back off the solo thing. its excessive and unnecessary especially when PJ just played the region.

Eddie with PJ is always best. Eddie solo is ok for an encore or a preshow.

Why do most folks think this is all Eddie's idea? So, if Mike or Stone are saying - hey, got other stuff (side project, kids, beach front property) going on, you'd prefer Eddie do nothing? I don't think there's anyone that prefers Eddie solo over the entire band. But, most of these types of posts seem to come from the perspective that Eddie's deciding to do that over doing band tour dates.

I have no clue what's going on internally, so they can do what they want and I'll assume they're enjoying life.

(and why should he back off because you think it's excessive? I don't think you're forced to go. I will however re-read my membership instructions to see if I missed something. And I don't hate you. Everyone's entitled to their opinion no matter how misguided.).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    Yea, I don't think more PJ shows are likely. To me, an Eddie show is better than nothing. Plus I haven't been to one since the original eddie tour!
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    Yea, I don't think more PJ shows are likely. To me, an Eddie show is better than nothing. Plus I haven't been to one since the original eddie tour!
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

sure, matter of opinion. plenty of people seem to be love Ed's solo shows. I love Eddie...my favorite singer/songwriter of all time...hands down.

the thing with Ed is that he's not a perfect musician by any means. that's not a bad thing, but it does mean he needs a strong backing band to keep him from faltering. just my opinion
    Holy cow so you're saying there are perfect musicians out there? I'd love to hear them so could you post a list? Gosh I'm just blown away at the idea of perfection ;)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited June 2015
    We've been down this road before, in fact, right after Avocado and right after Backspacer.

The first 10-15 years of the band, it was generally: Studio, release a new album, tour, back in the studio, release a new album, sue ticketmaster, do stuff with Neil Young, tour, release a new album, a bit of time off, release a new album, massive world tour with over 72 shows in about eight months, take a bit of time off, studio, release a new album.... another massive tour with a similar number of shows...

Along the way, they had kids. The band grew up. Realistically, they probably have a few options:
    1) Call it quits and live their lives with their families.
    2) Go Pearl Jam like it's 1992 and crank some new stuff out every other year or so and tour in the middle.
    3) Do small side things on occasion with "tours" consisting of 7-10 shows, then take a bit more time off with their families, then hit the studio as a band, then do a mini-tour consisting of 10-15 shows, take a couple months off, then do another mini-tour, take a few weeks off, then do a third mini-tour.

We don't want option number one.
    The band doesn't want option number two. They're old(er) and tired, they probably don't move as good as they once did (look at Ed's leg this last tour) and their kids need their fathers.
    Option number three is the best for everyone. The band still exists, the kids get their fathers and we all get each other.

The only thing that needs to happen right now is this festival in NYC needs to announce their lineup.

They've been to Europe quite a lot over the past few summers. They deserve one summer with their kids. (Besides, they could be thinking up new stuff at this time, too.)
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"