Options

Sleeping By Myself - L.Bolt vs Uke Songs - FIGHT!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

What other songs does it fit with contextually on the album? Or how does it fit within the context of the album as a whole? Certainly not Future Days, Yellow Moon, Infallible, LB, I don't think I need to go on. The lyrics (of this song in particular) do not change with context. Nor do I think the implication of those lyrics changes.

Think about all of the art in the Lightning Bolt album, musically and visually. Think about how the album was rereleased limited edition style. All of it has a common theme. Every song on that album shares a bond. Ditto for the artwork.
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    Ukulele Songs
    3days said:

What other songs does it fit with contextually on the album? Or how does it fit within the context of the album as a whole? Certainly not Future Days, Yellow Moon, Infallible, LB, I don't think I need to go on. The lyrics (of this song in particular) do not change with context. Nor do I think the implication of those lyrics changes.

Think about all of the art in the Lightning Bolt album, musically and visually. Think about how the album was rereleased limited edition style. All of it has a common theme. Every song on that album shares a bond. Ditto for the artwork.
    Well this makes it very clear to me that we were thinking about this in two very different ways. Lol.

So what do you see as the common theme, thread, bond, etc.?
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    Lightning Bolt
    3days said:

LB was reissued limited edition style??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Sevens
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    Lightning Bolt
    3days said:

Sevens

Oh right, of course. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    Ukulele Songs
    jd260817 said:

Really surprised how close this poll actually is. Though uke songs would run away with it and then the poll would die on its arse.

For those who love the LB version -why, what is it that hooks you in (or is it you just hate the sound of a uke?)

There's a good chance than many LB voters don't have the Uke songs album.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Lightning Bolt
    I voted for the PJ version. Uke Songs is a throwaway album with very few redeeming qualities.