Options

Full albums on 45 RPM vinyl - any suggestions?

benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
I've now got two 45RPM vinyl releases in my library (Cat Stevens' Tea for the Tillerman, and Damien Rice's My Favourite Faded Fantasy). It feels like a downgrade to go back to the non-45RPM vinyl versions for those albums.

Has anyone had similar experiences with 45 sets? I'm about to get Jeff Buckley's Grace as my third; I'm completely hooked.
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Definitely...not sure if it's the extra attention to the mastering process or just the format itself, but i feel like 45rpm is the most noticeable "upgrade" you can hear.

Hail To the Thief is one of my favorites along with ....QOTSA's ...Like Clockwork
    Mastodon's Blood Mountain is another doozy
    The Black Key's Brothers 45rpm is light years beyond the standard issue.
    MMJ's new one is another that sounds great, but I don't have much for comparison
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    DewieCox said:

Definitely...not sure if it's the extra attention to the mastering process or just the format itself, but i feel like 45rpm is the most noticeable "upgrade" you can hear.

Hail To the Thief is one of my favorites along with ....QOTSA's ...Like Clockwork
    MMJ's new one is another that sounds great, but I don't have much for comparison

all great suggestions

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    mfc2006 said:

DewieCox said:

all great suggestions

The QOTSA record is fucking audio gold.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Will definitely be checking out HTTT and Like Clockwork shortly! Love those two.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    The Foo's album "Wasting Light" is 45 RPM and sounds amazing,

One of my Favs from them.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    +1 on QOTSA's ...Like Clockwork. It's a fucking masterpiece.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Glad I just read this- def going to look for like clockwork.
    Beck Guero is one that I like
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.