Options

Sea Tac Airport unveiling new Pearl Jam poster exhibit! *LIVE

2»

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    http://www.empmuseum.org/at-the-museum/traveling-exhibits/push-me,-pull-me.aspx''

At every Pearl Jam show, a crowd gathers around the merchandise stand with a collective eye on one thing: the poster. Since their debut in 1990, more than 500 incredible posters have been created by over 100 diverse artists. Experience a sampling of this myriad of art in Push Me, Pull Me: Pearl Jam and the Art of the Screen-Printed Poster.

When Pearl Jam formed in Seattle in 1990, posters were one of the few ways a band could communicate with their audience. They were vital to advertising a future show, but also important for conveying, through the art and design, the identity of the band. Soon after the Grunge explosion in the early 1990s, as screen printing technology was being re-embraced for artistic purposes, Pearl Jam began commissioning posters for nearly every show they played.

Organized by EMP Museum in collaboration with Pearl Jam, Ten Club, and Ames Bros., Push Me, Pull Me: Pearl Jam and the Art of the Screen-Printed Poster presents 85 of these commissioned posters from more than 30 artists including the Ames Bros., Brad Klausen, Munk One, Ward Sutton, and others.

This new poster exhibition will be on display at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Concourse A, near Gate A-1.
  • Options
    Paige-RooPaige-Roo Posts: 33
    Is it still on? I will be at SEATAC tomorrow from NY and then Tuesday to meet my son.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I think I read somewhere this exhibit will be there for the next 3 years!!
    IF you have time, check out the EMP museum at Seattle Center while you're in town too,
    GREAT Nirvana & Jimi Hendrix exhibits there!! :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options

Sea-Tac Airport to allow people without tickets to go past security

With the launch of the SEA Visitor Pass program that provides access to the post-security side of the airport for people who aren't flying, we have a few good ideas on what to do.

Pearl Jam Exhibit at Sea-Tac

Pearl Jam Exhibit at Sea-Tac

One of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport’s most popular displays. In cooperation with Seattle’s MoPOP (Museum of Pop Culture - formerly EMP Museum), “PUSH ME, PULL ME: Pearl Jam and the Art of the Screen Printed Poster” is back!

The display, which was inside security checkpoints, had to go into storage late last year to make room for a new airline dining location. Now, the display is back in a pre-security checkpoint location, just behind ticket counters in the middle of the airport.

Synopsis

When Pearl Jam formed in Seattle in 1990, posters were one of the few ways that a band could communicate with their audience. They were vital to advertising a future show, but also important for conveying, through the poster artwork and layout, subtle information about the identity of the band. Soon after the Grunge explosion in the early 1990's, as screen printing technology was being re-embraced for artistic purposes, Pearl Jam began commissioning posters for each show on their tours. In the ensuing two decades, over 500 posters by 100+ artists have been created. These posters are reflections of the artists that created them, but they are also formed through the lens of the band. References to the members of Pearl Jam, song lyrics, music, history, popular culture – all of these elements are evident in these posters and become an extension of the band. In addition, the posters illustrate one of the band’s core values – the ability to foster a climate of creation, act as a patron for other artists, and to comment on our society.

About Pearl Jam

Established in Seattle in 1990, the band will be formally inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 7 , 2017 in a ceremony in New York City. Pearl Jam has 10 studio albums, hundreds of unique live performances and hundreds of official live concert bootleg releases later, the band continue to be critically acclaimed and commercially successful -- with more than 60 million albums sold worldwide.

Pearl Jam released their Grammy Award-winning 10th studio album, Lightning Bolt, in October, 2013. Lightning Bolt debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart as well as #1 on iTunes in over 50 countries.

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 899
    Seeing some of these posters in person is pretty cool, the chief is just striking 
  • Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 174
    edited December 2019
    FYI: You don't need to go through security to see the Pearl Jam exhibit. If you are landing at Seatac, exit towards baggage claim and its behind the ticketing counters. 
    Post edited by shorty4568 on
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    FYI: You don't need to go past security to see the Pearl Jam exhibit. Exit towards baggage claim and its behind the ticketing counters. 

It used to be behind security. They moved it a year or two ago.
  • Options
    chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    I was at Seatac for the home shows last year and the poster exhibit at that time, although different to this, was before security, it did used to be after security previously.
  • Options
    Glad I was able to see this back in 2016 when we saw Temple of the Dog. Wonder if they ever decided to add more posters to the display.