2»

Comments

• Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    It's all in the eye of the beholder...
    My pj mystery box sucked.
    My EV mystery box sucked.
    My mystery vinyl was AWESOME.
    I enjoyed each purchase. I am happy to have bought all three. Lucky I got through on the vinyl.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Next it will be Mystery Stickers....Right?
    You get 10-20 mystery stickers? Just stickers
    You collectors would have fun!

This place would go nuckin futs!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I never did the boxes or posters because I'm just not into that stuff anymore. Was big time when I was a lot younger in the 90's but I can't pull that shit with the wife and kid around anymore. "What'd you spend $100 on baby?" "Uhhh.... Stickers, a t shirt I prob won't wear, a random poster, a post card, a pin and a dog collar." Yeah... No bueno.

But the mystery vinyl was fun. I see both sides of the issue as far as people being upset about the stuff that landed in their area. My feeling is that10c had an awesome idea and it was fun for the lucky ones. People knew the risk and their chances going in were slim. They should keep doing things like this because just like a lottery, it's fun as hell and gets the adrenaline pumping while you're f5ing. Unfortunately for 10c, people talk so much shit on the forum so nothing is really a mystery. Twenty years ago no one would have chatted on a forum and people would have had no idea what landed down the street from them. It would have been a total mystery.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804

I never did the boxes or posters because I'm just not into that stuff anymore. Was big time when I was a lot younger in the 90's but I can't pull that shit with the wife and kid around anymore. "What'd you spend $100 on baby?" "Uhhh.... Stickers, a t shirt I prob won't wear, a random poster, a post card, a pin and a dog collar." Yeah... No bueno.

But the mystery vinyl was fun. I see both sides of the issue as far as people being upset about the stuff that landed in their area. My feeling is that10c had an awesome idea and it was fun for the lucky ones. People knew the risk and their chances going in were slim. They should keep doing things like this because just like a lottery, it's fun as hell and gets the adrenaline pumping while you're f5ing. Unfortunately for 10c, people talk so much shit on the forum so nothing is really a mystery. Twenty years ago no one would have chatted on a forum and people would have had no idea what landed down the street from them. It would have been a total mystery.

Yeah, when people started posting the weight of the damn vinyl, 5 days before it arrived at their house? I kind of lost interest. Why not just NOT check the weight, NOT check the forum, and actually just be SURPRISED with what you received? Oh well, to each their own.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

Yeah, when people started posting the weight of the damn vinyl, 5 days before it arrived at their house? I kind of lost interest. Why not just NOT check the weight, NOT check the forum, and actually just be SURPRISED with what you received? Oh well, to each their own.
    The weight thing was a little much, I agree. But it looked like a lot of people were enjoying it, so who am I to say? Some people don't like anticipation as much as others. I think some of the weighers might also be the people who start looking for their hidden Christmas presents at the beginning of December. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata