Options

13»

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Nami said:

mfc2006 said:

Nami said:

whats the name or the ikea black cube shelves again?
    thanks,
    c

the old ones were Expedit (which I prefer), the newer ones are Kallax.
    just found it thanks! They fit the PJ boxsets and vault series no problem?
    They do, with a bit of clearance still. I think the cube openings are just a fraction over 13" square.
    awesome thanks.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Buried in 16 crates of vinyl.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited May 2015
    I put them in pseudo genre groups. Once I get passed the PJ and Seattle sound it is pretty random. I learned. Long ago get as many copies as you can, you never know when it will come in handy, example traded a yield lp for the PJ 20 billboard print, or a sealed avacado for Pittsburgh munk one, so I hoard it like precious metals I intend to trade for more precious things later. I remember passing on Benny due to the high price at the time...fucking kick myself all the time, same on only getting one or none of binaural, riot act and avacado at the time
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Oh yeah everything here isn't necessary mint either, so some is backup or replacement
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    Mine is alphabetized with the rest. After Pavement and before Katy Perry.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Mine is alphabetized with the rest. After Pavement and before Katy Perry.

I see your wife has a collection too....hehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    No way. Those Katy Perry records are mine. Stone cold solid jams on those.

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Do you have RSD Prism Picture Discs? :)
  • Options
    MedozK said:

That's an incredible collection medozk. I am not passing judgement, just jealousy :)

Lol, thanks. I have seriously been second guessing my self a lot lately about it. I sit here, play the records, admire the shelf, but thats about it. I really dont have anyone local that is into the stuff like I am... my wife could actually care less, and my girls would rather listen to Disney Radio..lol

I sat here the other night and thought "I wonder how quickly the girls take all this shit to Goodwill when I am gone"...lol
    Nah, enjoy it! I put myself thru the same thing, when I buy a new album. Ask myself if I really need this or should I buy it. Feel bad for spending the money.

BUT then I think about how hard I work and how my family is pretty well set and everyone has what they want and know that Daddy deserves something too.

But yeah, when I'm gone...it's probably the first thing in the fire pit. Goodwill would be too much thought for them. Ha!
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited May 2015
    bazzer said:

Do you have RSD Prism Picture Discs? :)

Lol, I got those and the One Direction 7" picture disc that RSD trying to get my girls into playing records!
    Only the 6 year old is interested.... she said "all this is mine when you die dad"
    Not sure how to take that.
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Yeah, I got that. Lots left over after RSD last year
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    GustieIII said:

Only the 6 year old is interested.... she said "all this is mine when you die dad"
    Not sure how to take that.

How about; "Sure, but you can have your own record player and records LONG before that."
    Simplifies getting birthday presents too. ;)