Options

So I went to play my Riot Act vinyl record and...

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
...and remembered for the umpteenth time I don't have one.

Quite often, I like to sit down and selectively play songs off albums on my record player in an order where they really work together to create an aural mood- sort of like "be your own DJ" sessions where I really focus on each song (which is kind of how I mostly listen to music anyway) as they unfold in sequence. So the other day I had this great run of songs going and next up was...

...BUT NO! I don't have "Save You" on a vinyl record. Argh! (Yes, I have the CD but that doesn't work for the record listening experience.)

Once again, I scoured the internet and the least expensive copy... (and believe me, I have links to a LOT of vinyl sites) ...NO RIOT ACT UNDER $250!

Pearl Jam, 10 Club, Sony... whom ever... PLEASE RELEASE THE MIDDLE PERIOD PEARL JAM RECORDS ON VINYL!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I would just like No Code and Yield in a box set now.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they won't stop re-releasing the albums now after Vitalogy... so they're coming... patience... :-)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Ouchy. So 'Can't Keep' into 'LBC'?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727

I'm pretty sure they won't stop re-releasing the albums now after Vitalogy... so they're coming... patience... :-)

I so hope that happens!

Ouchy. So 'Can't Keep' into 'LBC'?

No, I usually pick one song from a record and then go to another record and play something that follows nicely. It gives each song some breathing room. I've done this for EVER but not too long ago I read about how R Crumb owns mostly old blues 78 RPM records and someone asked him why just those. He said it was because that's the music he likes and having to put on one song at a time forces him to really sit and absorb the music. I thought that was cool.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I wish this will happen and I sometime can play Riot Act, No Code and Yield on my record player.

Sadly, I can just call LB, Backspacer and Into the Wilde my own so as I didn´t get a chance for a mystery vinyl I am still hoping for reissues too.
    As much as I would like to get all of them on my table I am in principle not willing to participate in doing something like flipping or paying ridiculous prices.
    I am just not a friend of making lots of money with things that´s not mine but I know that´s the way it goes...(found the word bamboozle...sounds funny)
    So I like seeing people trading their stuff and sometimes being generous here...like MazdoK!
    Maybe I am sometimes a little bit too idealisic but it don´t hurt sb ;)

So I absolute agree with brianlux and hope PJ will release their records on vinyl for us!!!

:peace:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Couldn't agree more. Please please please re-release these records!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JimmyV said:

Couldn't agree more. Please please please re-release these records!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”