Options

Getaway Dutch CD Slimline Promo Question

foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
Hi
anyone have one? if so can you check and tell me if insert is red like the lightning bolt red and not more of a burgundy. also is insert one piece of paper, front and back printed? thanks, i think mine is suspect.
thank you again for your time.
tim
Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Funny how Getaway wasn't a single anywhere else in the world huh?

Check PJ collectors.

http://www.pjcollectors.com/subcategory.asp?id=699
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i did
    i have the UK promo
    the Dutch should be the same cover just in slimline
    my Sirens Dutch is same as UK one
    we'll see, looks like a reprint on the paper only disc matches
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Best song on LB. Too bad Vedder can't sing it live.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'll check mine a little later, but if my experience with Dutch promos lately tells me anything it's that the disc itself will be easier to see the differences on.

The Unthought Known fakes have distinct differences in the actual CD artwork, and the Just Breathe fake I got has a bolder artwork on the CD since they clearly scanned it and reprinted it, probably making it a little bolder as not to lose any of the lettering, etc from the info.

If your CD lines up to the pjcollectors.com one well and the test looks clear and clean, I bet you're OK. Since these promos now are mostly printed off nicer printers and not professional runs, I bet slight color variations can happen from release to release.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    It's sad that the last silver CD Pearl Jam promo single was Amongst The Waves' UK release. Since then every Pearl Jam single promo release are one songs pressed on cheap CDr's. At least use Taiyo Yudens brand CDR's for god's sake. Also the quality paper with these releases are cheap. Pretty easy to counterfeit. Sucks to see these single CDr's sell on eBay for over 20 bucks. Saw a few sell for over 100 US which is completely nuts! Older silver CD professional Pearl Jam singles don't even go for over 100 bucks but these cheap CDr releases are? :/

It is funny that there are only 2 single CDR releases for Getaway that are only been made / sold in Europe, but no "official" release in the USA. Did Reprise USA get lazy to even put one out for USA or are these 2 Euro releases just bogus releases from Virgin / Universal Music Euro?

I wish Monkey Wrench Records / Pearl Jam Co. could start releasing their next promo singles on vinyl and forget releasing these inferior CDR products. Also bring back the B-Side.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    demetrios said:

It's sad that the last silver CD Pearl Jam promo single was Amongst The Waves' UK release. Since then every Pearl Jam single promo release are one songs pressed on cheap CDr's. At least use Taiyo Yudens brand CDR's for god's sake. Also the quality paper with these releases are cheap. Pretty easy to counterfeit. Sucks to see these single CDr's sell on eBay for over 20 bucks. Saw a few sell for over 100 US which is completely nuts! Older silver CD professional Pearl Jam singles don't even go for over 100 bucks but these cheap CDr releases are? :/

It is funny that there are only 2 single CDR releases for Getaway that are only been made / sold in Europe, but no "official" release in the USA. Did Reprise USA get lazy to even put one out for USA or are these 2 Euro releases just bogus releases from Virgin / Universal Music Euro?

I wish Monkey Wrench Records / Pearl Jam Co. could start releasing their next promo singles on vinyl and forget releasing these inferior CDR products. Also bring back the B-Side.

I still think all the CDR's are fakes and I haven't seen any strong enough evidence that they aren't. I think PJ collectors is wrong about these too.

Silver CD's have been released though, Brother, Ten from Ten, Vs/Vitalogy sampler. So there are silver pressed CDs, just not singles.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    demetrios said:

Also bring back the B-Side.

PLEASE!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Yeah I think we're at the point where the demand for silver pressed promos isnt enough to justify the minimum qtys needed to produce them.

So it makes they easier to counterfeit which sucks when they can be very expensive (any Dutch promos, the US promos for Lightning Bolt and Future Days, etc).

I still think you can tell the fake ones but sadly that can be tricky until you've paid for them.... collecting sucks that way with a lot of PJ items (promo CDs, picks, stickers, posters, signatures, etc).

And, yes, bring back some b-sides please! ;)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856

demetrios said:

I still think all the CDR's are fakes and I haven't seen any strong enough evidence that they aren't. I think PJ collectors is wrong about these too.

Silver CD's have been released though, Brother, Ten from Ten, Vs/Vitalogy sampler. So there are silver pressed CDs, just not singles.
    I got those. They did a great job using silver CD pressing on those releases. Not sure why they don't take the time and release their singles on silver CD as well.

Isn't it weird there hasn't been a PJ Lightning Bolt single CDR release from UK or Holland? But there is a Holland & UK releases for Mind Your Manners, Sirens & Getaway? It's also surprising there isn't even a Japanese, Mexico or any Australian Pearl Jam Promo CD's for Lighting Bolt. Wish the folks over @ Monkey Wrench Records & their distributors could do a better job releasing Pearl Jam singles across the world. Stop pressing Pearl Jam music on cheap branded CDR's. You're better then that.