Options

Micro chip in every American by 2017..is it possible ?

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    Hmmm. I guess I'd like to see information from a more reputable source than this fairly incoherently written little piece. Tracking all people? Controlling their money and food? Killing them?? Not likely with RFID technology, which I believe can only transmit a fairly small amount of data and which can only be read within a very short distance, such as a few feet. At that range there are easier ways to kill someone than that, and who knows how the food and money issue comes into it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,071
    It's only a matter of time that people will consent to this for "convenience". I totally see people putting chips in their arms or a barcode somewhere. No more wallet, license, credit cards, money. It's all on a chip in your arm…

Totally plausible.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2015
    The mark of the beast! If you're into that way of thinking. (I am not)
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I recently saw a story of a company in Sweden, I believe, whose employees have chips implanted in their arms for purposes of ID, security, etc.

Not for me, I'm willing to carry some extra shit around.

I do, however, fully support the micro-chipping of our pets!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    If that is happening, I will seriously reconsider becoming a citizen.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    I may have to learn some basic minor surgical skills for removing unwanted objects.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited March 2015
    Not a good idea.Too much availability to corrupt.We all know computers can be hacked.This just seems like a cluster in the making.What our Phones and info on there ain't enough?
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    rr165892 said:

Not a good idea.Too much availability to corrupt.We all know computers can be hacked.This just seems like a cluster in the making.What our Phones and info on there ain't enough?

I don't know, maybe they'll have security features... like, only activated if you stick a certain USB drive up your bum. If the USB drive isn't in, then the information protocol doesn't activate. Easy solution.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    benjs said:

rr165892 said:

I don't know, maybe they'll have security features... like, only activated if you stick a certain USB drive up your bum. If the USB drive isn't in, then the information protocol doesn't activate. Easy solution.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just have fingerprint recognition up there?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,638
    It's likely that it will be like that someday, but not by 2017, no way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

It's likely that it will be like that someday, but not by 2017, no way.

Agreed. I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that I will not by chipped by 2017.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited March 2015

benjs said:

rr165892 said:

Was more making a bad joke. But as far as fingerprints go - what if you're asleep and an identity thief simply lifts your fingerprint for access? Something that I heard that always resonated with me is that security necessity for other products will always be behind thieves. This is for the simple reason that the primary objective of a cyber thief will be to break security, but for anyone else, creating strong security protocols is always a secondary concern (i.e. profit will be number one).
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I think you are tracked already by your credit/debit card.
    I can't wait for my chip. :skull:
    do you know how much feces and cocaine residue is on a dollar bill?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No it's not possible. I won't have one.
  • Options
    benjs said:

benjs said:

rr165892 said:

Was more making a bad joke. But as far as fingerprints go - what if you're asleep and an identity thief simply lifts your fingerprint for access? Something that I heard that always resonated with me is that security necessity for other products will always be behind thieves. This is for the simple reason that the primary objective of a cyber thief will be to break security, but for anyone else, creating strong security protocols is always a secondary concern (i.e. profit will be number one).
    Mine was a bad joke too. I got your meaning, was just implying people use a finger instead of a usb stick.
  • Options
    benjs said:

rr165892 said:

Don't be silly Ben.Everyone knows you don't stick a USB up your ass.Thats where the charger and cord goes.Cmon you know better.
  • Options

I'm holding out for bionic fingers Scott.You want in tough guy?image
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

benjs said:

rr165892 said:

Don't be silly Ben.Everyone knows you don't stick a USB up your ass.Thats where the charger and cord goes.Cmon you know better.
    What was I thinking! Does your belly button glow green while you're charging, and will my ass vibrate when I'm low on batteries?

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

rr165892 said:

benjs said:

rr165892 said:

What was I thinking! Does your belly button glow green while you're charging, and will my ass vibrate when I'm low on batteries?
    Oh so you do know what's up.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,638
    rr165892 said:

That's amazing!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Alex Jones has been talking about this since the early 00's, as one of the final steps into Orwellian society...I don't think we're any closer to getting implants, but the rfid chips have def become more commonplace.
    hedonist said:

I recently saw a story of a company in Sweden, I believe, whose employees have chips implanted in their arms for purposes of ID, security, etc.

ya, some clubs in Europe were using them as ID and a way to track trouble patrons a few years ago....Mr.Jones had a shit fit, talking conditioning...
    lolobugg said:

No, but I'm going to guess.....too much, and not enough? ;)

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Alex Jones has been talking about this since the early 00's, as one of the final steps into Orwellian society...I don't think we're any closer to getting implants, but the rfid chips have def become more commonplace.

hedonist said:

ya, some clubs in Europe were using them as ID and a way to track trouble patrons a few years ago....Mr.Jones had a shit fit, talking conditioning...
    lolobugg said:

No, but I'm going to guess.....too much, and not enough? ;)

:rock_on:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    rr165892 said:

I'm not so sure that would work for my finger.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited March 2015
    We voluntarily carry chips in our pockets with tracking ability.
    We voluntarily give all our pictures and personal information to web.
    We voluntarily drive cars with data recorders and many with Gps tracking capabilities.
    We voluntarily give all our purchasing habits.
    We give our email address to retailers at checkouts to get "electronic receipt".

And it's easy to market:

Be special
    make friends
    feel important
    Sit on your ass.
    Get discount

Get your chip installed FREE and Free 12 oz Red Bull. Limited time offer.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

rr165892 said:

I'm not so sure that would work for my finger.
    Still cool.Not for me either
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    callen said:

We voluntarily carry chips in our pockets with tracking ability.
    We voluntarily give all our pictures and personal information to web.
    We voluntarily drive cars with data recorders and many with Gps tracking capabilities.
    We voluntarily give all our purchasing habits.
    We give our email address to retailers at checkouts to get "electronic receipt".

And it's easy to market:

Be special
    make friends
    feel important
    Sit on your ass.
    Get discount

Get your chip installed FREE and Free 12 oz Red Bull. Limited time offer.

I always laugh when people gripe about "privacy" and "NSA spying" and "Orwellian society"..on freaking facebook from a smartphone.
    How dumb is the average american?
    That dumb.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm more along the lines of I simply don't want any kind of implant in me...

("they're real, and they're spectacular!" =) )
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315

If that is happening, I will seriously reconsider becoming a citizen.

And i will seriously think about moving outta here completely away from USA ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the black helicopters are circling
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I'm more along the lines of I simply don't want any kind of implant in me...

("they're real, and they're spectacular!" =) )

Hedo,you're cracking me up.your throwing out some quick hitters today on a few threads.

Btw,Keepin it Real.Its a great way to go.