Options

Show me your Pedal Board!

onejourney...onejourney... Posts: 248
edited March 2015 in Musicians and Gearheads
Been doing some work on my board lately, thought it would be fun to see what else we got on the forum. Share pics, suggestions, and secret weapons!

Here's mine
here for the music...

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    That's so cool. I miss having the time to do music like this....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759

That's so cool. I miss having the time to do music like this....

+1
    I miss feeling inspired or even the desire to play :(
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2015
    photo board.jpg
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Then the original board for the bass. However the Flanger was replaced with a old 80's Peavey Chorus Pedal. Can't seem to find a updated picture of it..

photo bass board.jpg
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options

photo board.jpg

How do you like that OCD pedal? I see it all over the place and always wanted to try it out.
    here for the music...
  • Options

Here's the last board/set up I used for the last big show I played. Golly, this brings back memories.
  • Options
    All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2015
    OCD used to be my main drive pedal. I'm a big fan of P90 pick ups, open chords and 6v6 power tubes. And that was always "my tone". However recently I've been sort of shying away from that pedal and moving more towards a BYOC Tube Screamer Clone. Which to me is very weird. I used to hate the tube screamer with a passion.

I do still use the OCD, I like to use it with my fuzzes, it seems to help "tame" the fuzzes some, if that makes any sense.
    Post edited by All Those Yesterdays on

• Options

I do still use the OCD, I like to use it with my fuzzes, it seems to help "tame" the fuzzes some, if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense. I had a Big Muff for a bit, and I used my TS9 and/or Chorus pedal to smooth things out. Loved the sustan in the BM but wanted to control the fuzz a bit more.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    edited March 2015
    IMG_1622
  • Options
    BHealy said:

IMG_1622

Cool looking board. Where'd it come from?
    here for the music...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thanks!! I made it a few weekends ago. There's a company out of Minnesota (http://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/holeyboards.html) that sells similar boards. I followed their design. I made this out of birch plywood I had left over from a cabinet project.
    This photo was taken before I drilled the holes and zip tied everything down. Still deciding how to paint it.
    Post edited by BHealy on
  • Options
    BHealy said:

Thanks!! I made it a few weekends ago. There's a company out of Minnesota (http://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/holeyboards.html) that sells similar boards. I followed their design. I made this out of birch plywood I had left over from a cabinet project.
    This photo was taken before I drilled the holes and zip tied everything down. Still deciding how to paint it.

What is the electro harmonix mini pedal?
  • Options
    BHealy said:

Thanks for the link. Really cool. Love that walnut board...
    here for the music...
  • Options
    No problem- its a really cool design.

Its a neo clone (Chorus pedal). I like it.
  • Options

Been doing some work on my board lately, thought it would be fun to see what else we got on the forum. Share pics, suggestions, and secret weapons!

Here's mine

I noticed you have a uni-vibe and a phaser on your board. Are the sounds drastically different? I was thinking about getting one or the other. Thanks! Nice looking board!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited March 2015

I think I'm gonna go back to my PT Pro board when I get the motivation to switch over. That's a PT-3, but I have a sweet vibe pedal and a tap tempo/modulation add-on pedal for the Analogman Delay. I'll probably squeeze another fuzz on there while I'm at it, too.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    BHealy said:

Here's mine

I noticed you have a uni-vibe and a phaser on your board. Are the sounds drastically different? I was thinking about getting one or the other. Thanks! Nice looking board!
    They can be depending on placement. In mine they go: Amp-Phaser-Overdrive-Univibe-Guitar. The phaser sounds like a typical phaser (think Low Light or most Incubus songs) while the Univibe sounds like a typical rotary unit (think live versions of Ledbetter--Mike's ending solo). Put the phaser where the univibe is will give you something close to the roatary unit but you won't have as deep of a "dip" sound when it oscillates.
  • Options

BHealy said:

Here's mine

They can be depending on placement. In mine they go: Amp-Phaser-Overdrive-Univibe-Guitar. The phaser sounds like a typical phaser (think Low Light or most Incubus songs) while the Univibe sounds like a typical rotary unit (think live versions of Ledbetter--Mike's ending solo). Put the phaser where the univibe is will give you something close to the roatary unit but you won't have as deep of a "dip" sound when it oscillates.
    Great points. What I also really like about that particular Uni Vibe is it also has a button to act like a Chorus pedal. Nice added feature without taking up more board space.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I think I'm gonna go back to my PT Pro board when I get the motivation to switch over. That's a PT-3, but I have a sweet vibe pedal and a tap tempo/modulation add-on pedal for the Analogman Delay. I'll probably squeeze another fuzz on there while I'm at it, too.

How do you you like your Echorec pedal? I bought my Alter Ego pedal almost specifically for the Edhorec effect. But that one looks like it has a lot more options to customize.
    here for the music...
  • Options

BHealy said:

Here's mine

Great points. What I also really like about that particular Uni Vibe is it also has a button to act like a Chorus pedal. Nice added feature without taking up more board space.
    I really like the univibe sound vs the phaser, but maybe the phaser is more versatile? I don't know. I'm torn- I'll get one of the other. Thanks for your thoughts!
  • Options

DewieCox said:

How do you you like your Echorec pedal? I bought my Alter Ego pedal almost specifically for the Edhorec effect. But that one looks like it has a lot more options to customize.
    It's really cool. A little pricey, but I got in on a great sale over at Pro Guitar Shop. I love delay and its really become my favorite. You can also set it for true bypass or with buffer which mimics the preamp in the old Binson units and allows for trails when switching the delay off.

There was a bit of a learning curve compared to most standard delays, but thise different delay patterns are what makes it so unique. To explain it easily...your set delay time is split in to quarter notes and depending on your "tape head" setting different heads are active. For example, there is a setting that has all for tape heads active so if you have your delay time maxed out at 1full second, each delay will be a 1/4 second. There are 12 different settings, each allowing different combinations of the 4 tape heads.

I have their Belle Epoch as well and both are great at what they do.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    BHealy said:

BHealy said:

Here's mine

I really like the univibe sound vs the phaser, but maybe the phaser is more versatile? I don't know. I'm torn- I'll get one of the other. Thanks for your thoughts!
    I'd definitely say a phaser is more versatile. I use my phaser more for vibe sounds more often than traditional phasing. I don't think a vibe will do a lot of phaser sounds, but a phaser can cover about any vibe sound. Not to say a vibe can't be substituted in for phase. More on the accuracy of each type of effect. My Grand Orbiter can even kill the dry signal and do more pitch vibrato.

I do prefer my vibe and, like I said above, it's going back on the board sooner than later, but I think you can get a quality phaser cheaper than a quality vibe.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    If possible, check out the Univibe. Easy mods, too. You get a phaser/rotary unit, and a vibe effect.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

DewieCox said:

It's really cool. A little pricey, but I got in on a great sale over at Pro Guitar Shop. I love delay and its really become my favorite. You can also set it for true bypass or with buffer which mimics the preamp in the old Binson units and allows for trails when switching the delay off.

There was a bit of a learning curve compared to most standard delays, but thise different delay patterns are what makes it so unique. To explain it easily...your set delay time is split in to quarter notes and depending on your "tape head" setting different heads are active. For example, there is a setting that has all for tape heads active so if you have your delay time maxed out at 1full second, each delay will be a 1/4 second. There are 12 different settings, each allowing different combinations of the 4 tape heads.

I have their Belle Epoch as well and both are great at what they do.
    Nice, thanks! I really love that sound, and It seems like the pedal you have offers more versatility than mine. Maybe one or f these days I'll check one out.

Thanks again.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I saw the demo for the MXR univibe on ProGuitar shops and thought that was a sound I needed on my board-but maybe I was easily swayed because they guy was playing "Alive" during the demo! :)

It seems like a decent phaser is around $100, but the cheapest univibe is $130 or so. Thanks for your thoughts!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Post edited by xtremehardy388 on
  • Options
    Supposedly that's the one that Mike has used (on that pedalboard of the stars page). Who knows. I'll check it out! Thanks!!!
  • Options
    BHealy said:

Supposedly that's the one that Mike has used (on that pedalboard of the stars page). Who knows. I'll check it out! Thanks!!!

Didn't know that! It's cheap alternative that gives absolutely amazing results. The tone is kept legit and the DIY mod (with instructions included in packaging) makes a the range even better. Just need a screw driver and you're set.
  • Options
  • Options
    I just ordered the MXR Uni-vibe. Its quite a bit smaller and same price as the BBE, so I thought I'd give it a shot.