edited March 2015 in The Porch
http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/65230.htm

PEARL JAM
Label: LET THEM EAT VINYL
Release Date: 18 May 2015
Format: LP Double Vinyl
£14.99

Overview:
By 1993, Pearl Jam were already well on their way to becoming one of the biggest bands in the world. And this is a radio broadcast from that defining era.

Featured Tracks:
SIDE A
1.Evenflow (Live)
2.Once (Live)
3.Deep (Live)
4.Jeremy (Live)

SIDE B
5.Dissident / Across the Universe (Live)
6.Daughter / Instant Karma (Live)
7.Go (Live)
8.Animal (Live)
9.State of Love & Trust (Live)

SIDE C
10.Tremor Christ (Live)
11.Black (Live)
12.Blood (Live)
13.Alive (Live)
14.Rearviewmirror (Live)

SIDE D
15.Whipping (Live)
16.Leash / Tearing (Live)
17.Porch (Live)
18.Swallow My Pride (Live)
19.Ain't Nothing to Do (Live)
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Already out of stock??
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Unofficial bootleg.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    edited March 2015
    redraw said:

Already out of stock??

It's back in stock.

I'm wondering about the audio source. It say's radio broadcast. Can you imagine if they used the SiriusXM radio broadcast source? Cause the only known official soundboard bootleg of this release was available for purchase many year's back via Basecamp in MP3 format. Not CD or Flac. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11/30/93_–_Las_Vegas,_Nevada . To use this MP3 source for this 2 LP vinyl release, would be awful.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Yeah demetrios, it's 100% sure they used the official mp3 source, plus they used a radio broadcast of it (most probably the Sirius or PJRadio source, that obviously sound worse than the original 256kbps mp3). I like to collect unofficial bootlegs too, but this one IMO is totally worthless.. Seems nowadays vinyl-bootlegging is the new tendency (like the berlin 2012 vinyl set, but maybe for that one they can have been used the 24 bit source).
    By the way, this vault show was one of the last I downloaded from basecamp before it closed down (2007?)...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2015
    Wasn't that show, the "first" vault release, free actually?

By the way, I have zero interest in bootleg vinyl...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

It was not free, I remember paying for it..
    If I'm not mistaken, the first full show released through Basecamp was the 1995-01-14 show, but it was more like a download test, and available for a short period for free.. first two tracks were "marked" (don't know what term to use here, sorry).

• Options
    This is available in the UK on cd
    Sounds absolutely diabolical.It has been recorded by somebody through a radio not soundboard.Avoid.thrown my cd in the bin.
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my2hands said:

I remember it being free for download through this website in their now-defunct "vault" section.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    It was free for trying out the Basecamp vehicle for downloading the 05' shows if memory serves (or fails).
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    If only this was official..
  • Options

It was free for trying out the Basecamp vehicle for downloading the 05' shows if memory serves (or fails).

That was the 1995-01-14 show, this 1993-11-30 Las Vegas show was not for free and came without any photos or artwork, just the mp3's.
  • Options
    nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    does anyone have the basecamp version of the 1995-01-14 show that I could get?
  • Options
    nm219369 said:

does anyone have the basecamp version of the 1995-01-14 show that I could get?

It's here: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=15199
  • Options
    jasonrolfejasonrolfe Posts: 474
    Did anyone determine the audio source that they used? Or the compression level?
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    not sure why anyone would buy this bootleg shit when you can buy the real thing from the band
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

Did anyone determine the audio source that they used? Or the compression level?

It's from the radio broadcast. Not edited out at all as ed swears a bunch but it even says on the album cover and on the spine "Radio Broadcast."

Good artwork though. I have a few boots and this one is the best, especially for the $. But yeah, the vault hopefully will be way better.... Hopefully!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    Was this broadcast on the radio? My memory isn't perfect, but my first memory of hearing a soundboard copy of this show wasn't from radio. It was around 2005 when Pearl Jam went digital only with the bootlegs (the whole 2005 tour is mp3 only.. except the gorge). That service for those bootlegs was going to be used to release shows from the vault. They never got around to that, but they did temporarily release this show for free in mp3.

That's the only soundboard circulating version I've seen of the show? Thus I question the bootleg vinyl's source of being "from the radio". They probably didn't want to write, "sourced from mp3"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited May 2015
    Zod said:

Was this broadcast on the radio? My memory isn't perfect, but my first memory of hearing a soundboard copy of this show wasn't from radio. It was around 2005 when Pearl Jam went digital only with the bootlegs (the whole 2005 tour is mp3 only.. except the gorge). That service for those bootlegs was going to be used to release shows from the vault. They never got around to that, but they did temporarily release this show for free in mp3.

That's the only soundboard circulating version I've seen of the show? Thus I question the bootleg vinyl's source of being "from the radio". They probably didn't want to write, "sourced from mp3"

The shown was played over the radio, and all the info i've seen suggests that the vinyl bootleg is sourced from that radio broadcast, not directly from the mp3. If the boot was sourced from the mp3, i would have thought the bootleggers would have said so, since that would be much better than a recording from the radio...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

The shown was played over the radio, and all the info i've seen suggests that the vinyl bootleg is sourced from that radio broadcast, not directly from the mp3. If the boot was sourced from the mp3, i would have thought the bootleggers would have said so, since that would be much better than a recording from the radio...
    Yeah it sounds like it's radio to me but I haven't heard the mp3. The only thing strange about it is that if it is indeed from the radio, why isn't ed censored? He's dropping F bombs on Leash and saying other stuff too which surprised me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited May 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Yeah it sounds like it's radio to me but I haven't heard the mp3. The only thing strange about it is that if it is indeed from the radio, why isn't ed censored? He's dropping F bombs on Leash and saying other stuff too which surprised me.
    I'm not sure what the deal was with the radio broadcast.... but Eddie had his ways with the airwaves back then. Maybe he managed to just make sure the show was played without being censored. No idea what station aired it though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not sure what the deal was with the radio broadcast.... but Eddie had his ways with the airwaves back then. Maybe he managed to just make sure the show was played without being censored. No idea what station aired it though.

I wonder what radio station aired it? Was it a recent thing? What if the radio station had used the mp3's as it's source? How funny would that be. Even better. Has PJ radio ever aired it? What if they captured the online radio stream? :)

If it is a legitimate radio source, maybe it's from a non-US country? You can swear on the radio in Canada. Censoring is voluntary. If we here hear Jeremy on 99.99 KISW in seattle.. It's harmless little (word removed). If we heard it on our local station Victoria, it's Harmless little FUCK! :)
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited May 2015
    This was not aired on the radio, through an fm feed. This show was released by Pearl Jam as the first vault release. Not an official vault release like the 5 we have now, but it released when pj announced they would "open the vault"

It was distributed that way.

After that, the show was no longer available to download, but did air on pj radio a few times. This is likely the "radio" source but that was a broadcast of the original mp3s through pj radio.

I wish people would quit acting like they know everything when they clearly don't. I know so much about pj and see so many laughable comments made on the forum. I don't feel the need to correct them each time but seriously, know your shit before posting information thats flat out wrong.

It's like everyone here joined in 2013. If you've been around a while you can see the amount of things said that are totally wrong but yet are passed off as fact. Again, learn your shit before acting like you know what you're talking about!
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    ^ lol.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Ok then.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lol. I was trying to be more tactful and not outright say I thought other people were wrong.. but you're right, those of us around a while fully remember how and when a new soundboard recording became available... I didn't think my memory was wrong, thanks for confirming.

edit: how bad does the vinyl sound? It's double lossy? Compressed into mp3, and then re-compressed for online streaming? ouch!

It's all moot though as no one's going to buy this with the real thing coming out.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    you better ACT like you know. or you better ACKS somebody(just a girl)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Isn't this the same concert that they released on Skype a few years back?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

• Options
    Too late, I already bought it! No regrets though, it actually sounds pretty good and for like $20 it was hard to say no for me. Too much cash to spend lately.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    Thanks zod. I am not trying to be rude to anyone specifically, but it's hard to see things that aren't true or accurate be passed off as true, and once it is, it's accepted and then said again and again, by others.

Here's my take on it. Either know what you're talking about or just don't comment. I don't expect everyone to know everything, I totally don't. But if you're going to post online about something, and proceed to pass it along as a "fact" then please know what you're talking about.

No hard feelings towards anyone, I generally try and be civil and quiet.

Now, If we could get the info on how the vault 5 show is sourced, it would be great. If people just "assume" it's the same source as the bootleg vinyl, what's the point in spending $50+ vs $18 for the same thing, that's available now. A little transparency by 10c on subjects like this would resolve a lot of the misinformation floating around. They need to give us a reason NOT to buy the cheaper alternative. Radio or MP3 sourced, is no where near a newly mastered actual soundboard recording.