Options

Happy 20th Anniversary 03/22/95 Brisbane Australia

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
edited March 2015 in The Porch
Happy 20th Anniversary March 22nd 1995 Brisbane Australia!
03/22/95 – Entertainment Centre: Brisbane, Australia [130m]
attendance: 15,000
support act: The Meanies
set: Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy, Not for You, Tremor Christ, Animal, Dissident, Go, Daughter/Improv, Deep, Jeremy, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Black, Blood
enc 1: State of Love and Trust, Whipping, I Got You, Better Man/Brisbane rhyme, Porch
enc 2: Against the 70s, Sonic Reducer, Indifference
notes: The crowd in the pit area picks up the seats and they are carried to the back of the auditorium. People are packed in too tightly and Ed says, “… up here, we got a problem. We gotta clear some room. Please everyone, if you wanna do something for me, as a favor … everyone take like five steps back … now on the next song, jump up and down not forward, OK?” and PJ slams into ‘RVM.’ A full version of the Split Enz ‘I Got You’ is dedicated to “… the girl who changed her fuckin’ name to Pearl Jam.” Mike gets wild and creative during an extended ‘Porch’ jam and Ed wraps up the song by repeating “I’m happy, I hope you’re happy, too …” a couple of times (likely a David Bowie ‘Ashes to Ashes’ nod). ‘Against the 70s’ is introduced as a Mike Watt song (not played at a PJ concert before or since), with Dave Grohl joining PJ on drums and staying for a rocked out version of ‘Sonic Reducer.’ Great setlist and wonderful versions of songs.
Post edited by cropdustdair on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Seeing against the 70s live is my holy Grail. One day it will happen.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,626
    Why did Dave Grohl keep showing up at the Aussie gigs?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    He really wanted to be the drummer after Dave left
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    This was a fantastic show and a great way to finish off the Australian part of the 1995 tour.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    RS151862 said:

Why did Dave Grohl keep showing up at the Aussie gigs?

Because jack was literally exhausted during the shows.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited March 2015
    Dave talks about it in his book (This is a Call) how he played one show then had to drive to all day to play the next night for PJ because they asked him. But he loved it!
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on