Options

Kemper

So I'm an unabashed blink-182 fan. I taught myself guitar off of their early records Cheshire Cat & Dude Ranch (Subsequently, Pearl Jam was the band that pushed me to be "good" at the guitar). These guys have gotten a lot of flack over years, and I get it. But they put a lot of years before getting notoriety.

Lots of drama with this band recently, and even at 30 years old I couldn't have been more excited about Matt Skiba on guitar/vocals for three shows this week and potentially more going forward. There was energy back that has been dragged out by "kicked out" founding member.

So with this excitement I was anxious to listen Mark Hoppus' podcast this week with Matt Skiba where part of the discussion was about gear. They both mentioned how will be using using Kemper - even live. Skiba was skeptical at first but totally bought in after playing around with it and putting it to use.

Basically, it is not a modeler but a profiler. It has about 200 amps from what I can tell that have been uploaded from profiling and more can be downloaded from other users. Furthermore, it allows you to profile your amp or any amp which you can get your hands on to which that amp can be dialed in and saved on Kemper.

Now I tend be skeptical with these sorts of things. I've got my Deluxe Reverb and I couldn't be happier with it. I was intrigued though as many of the reviews, both amateur and professional, are glowing about this thing. I have no intentions of buying one, but it seems to be quite something. Long winded way to finally say this, but does anyone have experience with Kemper as the enthusiasts/critics on this board are where I tend to get the most useful feedback?