Options

About 10C NO "Active by" rule for South America concerts

Ok. About the tour in South America. The plan to have the passwords on the Events page with no 10C membership deadline and why it is not a good idea. (This is for Brazil alone). Assuming all the rules are already set.

1 - In my country we have a stupid law to give 50% discount to everyone with a Student ID. Guess what happens? Most everyone in the country has a FAKE Student ID. Every promoter in Brazil double their prices knowing most people will have fake documents. (Some of us don't. So we pay full price, or should I say, double price)

2 - In 2011 the 10C had an AMAZING 50% discount Pre Sale to active members until one day before the announcement. The wrong decision was the password system. Most of Brazilians have a very UNIQUE concept of FAIR, for lack of a better expression.

3 - Scalpers in Brazil will go the extra mile for a buck. They will make fake memberships as much as they can to buy all 4 tickets. SPECIALLY if again, 10C give us a 50% discount. Think of this. This is a half price ticket that don't require fake documentation.

Now the beauty about this type of people. THEY DON'T CARE IF THEY LOOSE THEIR MEMBERSHIP. THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN. The threat 10C imposes only applies to us, loyal 10C members that have been paying our membership for a while.

With that said I move for 10C to consider having a deadline of before the first announcement as an active member in order to be a part of the Pre Sale. This is the norm we came to expect from everything in the club lately. This is a "make it fair for people here". Make sure the loyal fan will score a ticket and not be at risk of some scalper invasion.

Any internet programmer can easily modify an unique event page to ready "membership since" field, use a simple YES or NO formula and only allow access to the password page to those that are eligible.

I hope people understand that I have 10C members and all Pearl Jam fans interest as the only reason why I am saying this. I know 10C has all the good heart in the planet and all the faith on people. BUT... being a brazilian myself I say. We don't deserve that credit.

If we don't act now, PJ next visit to South America announcement will read something like "Last time the password on the events page was a problem due .... "
In love with music

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,472
    Well said. I hope they listen to your suggestion.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    on2legs said:

Well said. I hope they listen to your suggestion.

Thank you! I am just trying to avoid a problem before it hits. Let's be fair, there is plenty of time for us to avoid it.
    In love with music
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    That sounds like a nasty scenario, but you proposed a fair solution. Good luck!
  • Options

That sounds like a nasty scenario, but you proposed a fair solution. Good luck!

Thanks for the support. We can only hope they will consider it. Not just brazilian 10C members but everyone willing to fly here for the concerts.

In love with music
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    In my country, people do the same. Lots of em. Millions. Try to get handouts and not pay "full" price.

Obama phones
  • Options

In my country, people do the same. Lots of em. Millions. Try to get handouts and not pay "full" price.

Obama phones

What are handouts?

In love with music
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    edited March 2015

Obama phones

Exactly. Huge problem in the red states which all suck up federal dollars while the blues pay for it. If only they would pick themselves up by their bootstraps...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Can we please keep this on track? I think the OP has a very valid concern. Lets not start a red/blue argument in here and miss the point.

I'm not a programmer, but @fcbittenca I hope they see your concern and are able to do something about it.
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304

Can we please keep this on track? I think the OP has a very valid concern. Lets not start a red/blue argument in here and miss the point.

I'm not a programmer, but @fcbittenca I hope they see your concern and are able to do something about it.

I agree. Sorry for adding to it
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options

Thanks UnthoughtName! We really need to try to call attention to this. Today it only concerns SA, but in the future we can very well get to the 10C Lotery in the US. Imagine a person that just joined can place a lotery entry and they are not looking for seniority outside GA.

In love with music
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Thanks UnthoughtName! We really need to try to call attention to this. Today it only concerns SA, but in the future we can very well get to the 10C Lotery in the US. Imagine a person that just joined can place a lotery entry and they are not looking for seniority outside GA.

I hate to suggest something archaic, but what about going to a mail system (we're talking the people with the trucks) to skip the internet mess for you altogether? Would that be worse?

I hate that the tickets are so expensive for you and that dishonest people make it worse.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    good point..they need to do something about it...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Are we getting a unique password? It seems like we will all be able to see the same password, so as long as these scalpers know one Ten Club member that can access the site they can all find out without joining the club.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216

Are we getting a unique password? It seems like we will all be able to see the same password, so as long as these scalpers know one Ten Club member that can access the site they can all find out without joining the club.

exactly..if we all get the same code,then is a problem
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I agree @bootlegger10 It's not fail proof, but it is the best we can offer that would sound realistic for 10C to pull it off. I still think the odds of reducing the scalpers on the restricted to old members page would be greater than simply leaving it there open to every one that just joined.
    In love with music
  • Options

exactly..if we all get the same code,then is a problem
    It's a more complex system to issue and validate unique passwords. Not for 10C, but between 10C and the ticket vendor website. Imagine 10C issuing thousands of passwords for EVERY active 10C member and sending it to the Vendor. We can't know in advance who will be purchasing the tickets. We need to try and find the most realist way to reduce scalper access to the pre sale.
    Also to try and reward the loyal 10C member like we have done in the past.
    In love with music
  • Options
    Does anyone know the best 10C email to address this?
    If they need someone to talk in portuguese with the ticket vendor and hold international conference calls I will be glad to help with that.
    In love with music
  • Options
    VarzinczakVarzinczak Curitiba, Brazil Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    I support this. That's one of my concerns. I remember that in 2011 it was a mess and for Eddie's tour last year this method did not work.

Sometimes I think on how simple it is but unfortunately we don't see any effort of 10C to make the right thing. Instead, we pass through this weird situation every time. It's time to 10C change its policy on the tickets for south america because this is not a advantage for us as they said.

For example, a lot of people are asking me on how to become a 10C member only to get this advantages. If 10C is trying to gather more and more members to raise money, I think that they are in the right way.
    Post edited by Varzinczak on
    'It's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind.'
  • Options
    VarzinczakVarzinczak Curitiba, Brazil Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    One more thing: I swear for god that the situation here is a shit, not only to buy tickets but at the show too. In 2011 I almost had a rib injury due to insane people trying to get closer to the stage. If people cannot be polite and organized, then someone should do something, especially Ten Club. Sometimes I think that the speech of 'fans integrity and kindness' was lost through years.

So please, Ten Club, we are claiming to you make the things right this time.
    Post edited by Varzinczak on
    'It's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind.'
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

If they need someone to talk in portuguese with the ticket vendor and hold international conference calls I will be glad to help with that.

tickets@tenclub.net
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    This seems important for the 10c to take into consideration. I hope they are able to make some changes for you!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options

tickets@tenclub.net
    Thank you @HesCalledDyer !
    In love with music
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I bought tickets for an My Morning Jacket show last week and for that, got a digital Roll Call membership, which seems to be their fanclub thing. I did it because it was not expensive and enabled me to get tickets before the general public sale. Members of their fan club who had their membership before a certain date or members who have bought a Deluxe membership could buy their tickets half an hour before all the others. This could be something of a solution for this too.
  • Options
    The first thing 10C has to fix is the non existent membeship deadline (to a day before the announcement). Just send an extra email with the rule.
    Regarding the code, since is not 10C who is handeling the sale I think is hard to get an individual code, but posting the code for members only on the events page 1 hour before is better than sending via email a week before. It's an attempt to reduce the sharing.
    Since the first SA tour in 2005 we've been loosing privileges. In 2011 we lost the early entry, in 2013 the fan club sale for lollapalooza was a fiasco with a horrible sales website, in 2014 for EV tour the code was everywhere and now no membership restriction...no need for a 10C number down here anymore...
  • Options

I bought tickets for an My Morning Jacket show last week and for that, got a digital Roll Call membership, which seems to be their fanclub thing. I did it because it was not expensive and enabled me to get tickets before the general public sale. Members of their fan club who had their membership before a certain date or members who have bought a Deluxe membership could buy their tickets half an hour before all the others. This could be something of a solution for this too.

If I'm not mistaken Aerosmith has a similar policy...
  • Options

The first thing 10C has to fix is the non existent membeship deadline (to a day before the announcement). Just send an extra email with the rule.
    Regarding the code, since is not 10C who is handeling the sale I think is hard to get an individual code, but posting the code for members only on the events page 1 hour before is better than sending via email a week before. It's an attempt to reduce the sharing.
    Since the first SA tour in 2005 we've been loosing privileges. In 2011 we lost the early entry, in 2013 the fan club sale for lollapalooza was a fiasco with a horrible sales website, in 2014 for EV tour the code was everywhere and now no membership restriction...no need for a 10C number down here anymore...

It's true Anna. Every time they come down to South America we loose something. Being a 10C member it's not making that much a difference anymore. Maybe this is the direction the band wants to take. In the future they will hold Meet and Greets, Caribbean Fantasy Cruises, lend music to car commercials... and who knows, end 10C althogether. :( it would be a sad day.

In love with music
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    i hope 10c fix this..it's not fair
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    They did reply. Hope they can manage to avoid this.
    Thanks everyone for the support. See you all in November.
    Or maybe earlier this northern summer in NA. ;)

Ten Club Info (Tenclub)
    Mar 15, 10:54 AM
    Thank You Fabiano,
    We appreciate your concern and will take it into consideration while planning the Brazil ticket sale announcement.
    Please add donotreply@pearljam.com & shipping@tenclub.net to your email address book so you will not miss updates.
    Be sure to stay posted to the site and forum for any future updates.
    Have a Beautiful Day!!
    Best Wishes,
    10c
    In love with music
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Great post, fcbittenca. Hope they change the rules.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.