Options

Peace

2»

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited April 2015
    I owe my wife 100 times over for watching the Shield all seasons in a week so I spend quality time on the couch watching idol and voice
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064

Maroon 5 is absolutely terrible.

You forgot the word completely.
    I fucking hate modern disco music. My personal hell would be an eternity of that Maroon 5/Train coheadlining tour a couple years back.
    Agreed. No offense to anyone who likes Maroon 5 but I just don't get it at all. I don't care if that dude loves EV, his music still sucks ass.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Maroon 5 is absolutely terrible.

You forgot the word completely.
    I fucking hate modern disco music. My personal hell would be an eternity of that Maroon 5/Train coheadlining tour a couple years back.
    Agreed. No offense to anyone who likes Maroon 5 but I just don't get it at all. I don't care if that dude loves EV, his music still sucks ass.
    Yes it does. Which is a shame because Adam Levine can play all kinds of instruments and obviously has a gift. He just wastes it doing the same poppy shit over and over.
  • Options
    I enjoy Adam Levine's poppy shit, but I guess that's just me! LOL.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    M5 is talented. Adam has an incredible voice and their guitarist is great. I don't listen to them, but if the come on the radio and I'm unable to skip the song, I won't leave the room to avoid listening to them.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I think that Adam Levine is talented, and doesn't use his talent very well (from an artistic perspective). Basically, I feel like he sacrifices art for money/mass appeal. He's kind of a sellout IMO. He could be a great, but he took another route. It's too bad (except for all the M5 fans of course). It is somewhat endearing that he's a big PJ fan though. Even if he can't bothered to make the quality of music that he's capable of, at least he still has good taste in other people's music.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited May 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

I think that Adam Levine is talented, and doesn't use his talent very well (from an artistic perspective). Basically, I feel like he sacrifices art for money/mass appeal. He's kind of a sellout IMO. He could be a great, but he took another route. It's too bad (except for all the M5 fans of course). It is somewhat endearing that he's a big PJ fan though. Even if he can't bothered to make the quality of music that he's capable of, at least he still has good taste in other people's music.

Agree with your first sentence. However, the older I get, the less I get irritated with "sellouts". If given the chance to make oodles of $ and I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not sure I'd say no to that. Very few bands can do what they love AND make money, I've met so many talented musicians that I love watching that can't even fill a small room in NYC.

Plus he doesn't pretend that he's the best thing that ever happened to music which I appreciate.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Suziemay said:

PJ_Soul said:

Agree with your first sentence. However, the older I get, the less I get irritated with "sellouts". If given the chance to make oodles of $ and I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not sure I'd say no to that. Very few bands can do what they love AND make money, I've met so many talented musicians that I love watching that can't even fill a small room in NYC.

Plus he doesn't pretend that he's the best thing that ever happened to music which I appreciate.
    I know what you mean. I am not irritated with sellouts though. I would have to care about them a lot more for irritation to be an emotion I'd feel about it. I agree, they can do what they want, and I am actually genuinely glad for all the fans of M5, or Nickelback, or Bieber, or whoever. People with bad taste in music need to have bands to love too! .... What kind of bugs me is that it makes me feel like I'm personally missing out on what they're not producing because of being a sellout, lol! So, totally selfishly, i just want music I can enjoy from real talents and feel disapppinted when they are capable of it but aren't doing it just because they can make more money cranking out canned rock. Plus, there is still something to be said about artistic integrity IMO.
    But hey, some people dig M5, so.it's all just about taste in the end!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited May 2015
    Gotta give up some love for Adam. I think he mentioned Eddie's name again on Monday night.

Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited May 2015

Gotta give up some love for Adam. I think he mentioned Eddie's name again on Monday night. I wasn't able to watch the end of last night's to see who won--or are they going for another week? I'll have to internet search.

I think he's just jonesing to be Pearl Jam's 6th drummer :lol:

I think they announced the winner..
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Corporate manufactured music. Arghhh
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree with much of this. Their first two albums are great, and I saw them on tour in 2008 and it was no frills and really a good time.

Your post kind of reminds me of a story Glen Hansard told about meeting/recording with Adam Levine for Come Away To The Water for the Hunger Games. He basically said he thought he was gonna be a pretentious douche, but he turned out to be the nicest guy and a terrific musician who was very engaged. I definitely think Adam is talented, but agree that it could be used quite differently.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

PJ_Soul said:

I agree with much of this. Their first two albums are great, and I saw them on tour in 2008 and it was no frills and really a good time.

Your post kind of reminds me of a story Glen Hansard told about meeting/recording with Adam Levine for Come Away To The Water for the Hunger Games. He basically said he thought he was gonna be a pretentious douche, but he turned out to be the nicest guy and a terrific musician who was very engaged. I definitely think Adam is talented, but agree that it could be used quite differently.
    He's pretty easy on the eyes, too. :tongue:
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087

Gotta give up some love for Adam. I think he mentioned Eddie's name again on Monday night.

He sure did! It really tickles me how big a fan of Eddie and PJ he really is. And yes, I'm sure he would love to drum for PJ if Matt were otherwise engaged-lol.

By the way, the winner of the Voice, Sawyer Fredericks, did a nice version of Uncle Neil's song, "Old Man" on Monday night.

"A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    JROJRO Posts: 4
    I remember watching the voice one time and he was saying to a contestant that he always wanted to be or sound like Eddie Vedder.
    Then when I seen the Fallon episode where he was doing musical impressions I knew Adam was going to do Ed. Obviously it's all set up before the show
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    I watched three different Maroon 5 live performances on youtube to give them a chance, and they really struck out. Adams voice sounds horrible.

But he seems like a nice guy, so there is that.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    edited March 2017
    Levine did an amazing cover of Prince's "Purple Rain" in 2014 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w2lNpixqOc
    Post edited by agentpinckney on
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I
    PJ_Soul said:

agree.

PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    edited May 2017