Options

TOUR?

Are there any solid information on a tour in 2015?
FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca

Comments

• Options
    tuesday
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I love the day of a tour announcement. Mapping out what cities to go to, how to get there, where to stay, etc...

HOpefully they'll tour this year and we'll get an announcement in the next couple of months.

Eddie has great solo shows, but nothing replaces a Pearl Jam show.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Yes, I am waiting for an anouncement to book my west coast summer vacation. Would like a show in Cali, Portland and Seattle in that order. :)
  • Options

Yes, I am waiting for an anouncement to book my west coast summer vacation. Would like a show in Cali, Portland and Seattle in that order. :)

I would love to see a Pearl Jam show in California. I've seen them in 25 states and oddly California is a major one that I haven't crossed of the list.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    News coming on the 10th
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

I love the day of a tour announcement. Mapping out what cities to go to, how to get there, where to stay, etc...

HOpefully they'll tour this year and we'll get an announcement in the next couple of months.

Eddie has great solo shows, but nothing replaces a Pearl Jam show.

Agreed! I'm personally crossing my fingers for a spring early summer. Health reasons take me out of a fall tour as well as the pit! Ugh!

Mapping out a tour, ahhhh joyous times!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Another EV solo tour would be awesome. Two I saw (08', 10') were awesome!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    yes please
    danny d
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    Prediction: new EV album and tour announced in may for a July release and August - September tour. At least this is what it want! :)
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

Prediction: new EV album and tour announced in may for a July release and August - September tour. At least this is what it want! :)

It would be interesting to see what kind of solo record Ed would put out. Personally I am not excited at all for an album of Just Breathe, Future Days or Uke songs.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

It would be interesting to see what kind of solo record Ed would put out. Personally I am not excited at all for an album of Just Breathe, Future Days or Uke songs.
    whether you liked Uke songs or not, his solo show is something not to be missed. he plays electric a good part of the show as well, lots of covers, PJ included.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Needs to overhaul his solo shows..I would prefer something along the lines of Eddie w c average.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Personally I think more effort is given to the stage banter than the music for his solo gigs... Too many drawn out campfire stories..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    RunawaysoulRunawaysoul Germany Posts: 53
    I hope Eddie brings his solo shows to Europe too.
    I know I said this before but cannot say it enough. :)
  • Options

whether you liked Uke songs or not, his solo show is something not to be missed. he plays electric a good part of the show as well, lots of covers, PJ included.
    Wma31394 said:

Personally I think more effort is given to the stage banter than the music for his solo gigs... Too many drawn out campfire stories..

that's actually a big part of why I loved it. but hey, if he did a tour with C Average, I'd shit my drawers.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339

I'd like to see him release something more along the lines of Springsteens Nebraska!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I liked Uke songs and loved Into the Wild. Ed puts on a great show. I've seen his solo show 7 times now and that for me is enough. I can see Pearl Jam over and over again because they've got so many great songs and you've got the full band. I've seen Ed do his acoustic routine for a while now and I'm just not that excited for it. At one time I was. I'm sure I'd get into it at the show but I'm not going to drive 3 hours or fly to one of them.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

I'd like to see him release something more along the lines of Springsteens Nebraska!
    If he still has that level of dark lyrics in him, then yes. It would be fantastic. Nebraska is my favorite Bruce album by far.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    How about Ed put out a Bonafide Rock album.Something that sounds different from all the same solo stuff he has been doing.Solid tracks,Great lyrics and no UKE please.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Financially there's no need for a tour. If they need money they'll just release another mug or limited edition pen or something. 10,000 fan boys will buy them to keep the band wealthy for another 6 months.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Financially there's no need for a tour. If they need money they'll just release another mug or limited edition pen or something. 10,000 fan boys will buy them to keep the band wealthy for another 6 months.

I sometimes wonder about the crew and other tour related employees. The band doesn't tour a whole lot each year so I'm sure their crew have other gigs going on, but I wonder if the band feels like they have an obligation to at least tour 3 weeks a year so that their crew can earn some compensation.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

Red Lukin said:

I sometimes wonder about the crew and other tour related employees. The band doesn't tour a whole lot each year so I'm sure their crew have other gigs going on, but I wonder if the band feels like they have an obligation to at least tour 3 weeks a year so that their crew can earn some compensation.
    The Dead were famous for that. They toured year after year to keep the crew employed. I think that's definitely a consideration.
  • Options

I liked Uke songs and loved Into the Wild. Ed puts on a great show. I've seen his solo show 7 times now and that for me is enough. I can see Pearl Jam over and over again because they've got so many great songs and you've got the full band. I've seen Ed do his acoustic routine for a while now and I'm just not that excited for it. At one time I was. I'm sure I'd get into it at the show but I'm not going to drive 3 hours or fly to one of them.
    yeah, my comment was more for the "I haven't seen ed solo before, as I don't like uke songs" guy.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    love the dead. first saw them in 76. solo tour is good but not as good as a pearl jam show.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mrussel1 said:

Red Lukin said:

The Dead were famous for that. They toured year after year to keep the crew employed. I think that's definitely a consideration.
    I know phish has done this too.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    but do PJ have their own exclusive touring crew that do nothing else but tour? or do they hire out?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

but do PJ have their own exclusive touring crew that do nothing else but tour? or do they hire out?

I don't know, but I was thinking about the guitar techs, lighting people and sound people that usually are the same people each tour.

I did see Glen Hansard the other day and Ed's tech Simon was touring with Glen as the overall tech for the band.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I keep getting told that there will be no tour dates for 2015 and everything will spike back up in 2016. I've heard rumors for South America dates and a small east coast Ed tour but that seems to have went quiet. I feel like SA dates will happen but nothing else really.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    courtmcc said:

I keep getting told that there will be no tour dates for 2015 and everything will spike back up in 2016. I've heard rumors for South America dates and a small east coast Ed tour but that seems to have went quiet. I feel like SA dates will happen but nothing else really.

You have a source?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I'd hate to specify to an artist that I want them to do this or that less in their performance or not to use a particular instrument. It's like telling a painter what brushes and paints to use. It is art whether people want to look at it as that or not. Though I know that none of you meant it this way at all, but to lay down specs for an artist's performance is a little insulting to that person. We all know that EV is a talker. It's who he is. He loves his uke. To go to an EV show, you are guaranteed that for some portion of it, the uke WILL come out. It is a part of who he is and part of the performance he gives.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1