Options

Happy 20th Anniversary Tokyo Japan 2/20/95!

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
Happy 20th Tokyo 1995!
02/20/95 - Budokan: Tokyo, Japan [111m]
attendance: 12,000
set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Lukin, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(I Want You to Want Me)/(W.M.A.), Whipping, Immortality/Alive, Satan's Bed, Go, Animal, Porch
enc: Rearviewmirror, Black, Improv/Cover? (full song), Jeremy, Blood, Yellow Ledbetter, Indifference
notes: After 'Corduroy' Ed asks for the lights to be turned up so he can see if he recognizes anyone from the "Street Fest" and dedicates 'Lukin' to the Tokyo State Band. The improv after 'Daughter' is a modified version of 'I Want You to Want Me' (a Cheap Trick tune) and includes lyrics to the effect of "I want you to fuck me." The song after 'Black' is a very pretty, full song. Before 'Blood,' Ed speaks a few Japanese words to the crowd's pleasure and then comments, "How do you say good luck and don't kill yourself? We understand you all lost friends in the earthquake and we're all really upset about that ... we were actually gonna play Kobe ... it seems like everybody was affected by that so hang in there ... good luck."
This is a pretty good show all around. There's a silver pressed bootleg out there of this show called "Barbaric Splender". It's a pretty good recording all in all.

Comments