Options

Pre order Mike Watt's Ball-Hog or Tugboat 20th Anniversary reissue vinyl

Comments

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Wished I bailed earlier..well at least I got an extra $40 I can put towards a cool poster :)
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I just hope that when I get my refund I'll benefit from the poor exchange rate compared to when I paid! Otherwise I'm just out a few months interest. :D
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    well that sucks.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Yeah, it does. I think it was quite irresponsible. I feel bad for them too though - must be a real let down for those involved. Such a failure.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    At least they refunded? I just got my refund. Luckily the Canadian dollar dipped a few cents since the original sale which was enough to cover FX rate spread (as credit cards/paypal/banks charge money on top of the real fx rate to make a profit). It usually sucks getting refunded in a foreign currency because you'll loose 3 to 4 percent from those fees. Luckily the Canadian dollar dropped by that much so I made a 1 cent profit! lol.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Seems like they strung people along... that's not cool
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I guess. I'm not completely devestated by it. Sounds like they really wanted to make it happen, got in over their head, failed and rebated everyone. They gave me my money back so I'm not really that upset.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, I don't think they intentionally strung people along. I'm sure they really did think they'd be able to come through... until they had to admit they couldn't. To me it just sounds like they got way ahead of themselves from the very beginning and were then faced with some unexpected reality. That's irresponsible, but it was with good intention I think.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I didnt get that email but ordered with them....guess I need to follow up to make sure they refund.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I didnt get that email but ordered with them....guess I need to follow up to make sure they refund.

I paid with paypal and I got an email from Paypal that the amount was automatically refunded this morning. If it's a small operation they may be refunding stuff manually (one at a time) as they go through orders. I had to put zero effort into getting mine refunded, so I'd give it a little time, they should autorebate it.

edit: To be fair I paid with paypal and it was paypal that sent me the email about it. Had it been refunded to my credit card I wouldn't of noticed until I looked at my bill.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Had dinner with a buddy last night who told me he might have an extra signed blue original for me....made me remember to go back and check. Received a full refund on this.
  • Options
    Yah I found a brand new sealed blue one on a record store website from Norway. Ended up costing a little less than what I got rebated for the reissue. Probably wouldn't of ordered the reissue if I bothered to see how hard the original was to obtain :)
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    Zod said:

Yah I found a brand new sealed blue one on a record store website from Norway. Ended up costing a little less than what I got rebated for the reissue. Probably wouldn't of ordered the reissue if I bothered to see how hard the original was to obtain :)

Where did you find it? What website in Norway? Do they have more copies?
  • Options
    Ball Hog: copies available here, although not likely to find a sealed one:
    discogs.com/Mike-Watt-Ball-Hog-Or-Tugboat/release/1594055

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    RW8297 said:
    First I've heard on the January 15th release.
    Thanks!

Pretty high though. $42.97 US? $60.67 CDN?

• Options
    http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21594398/mike-watt-ball-hog-or-tugboat-limited-edition-2lp-180-gram-vinyl

Ball-Hog or Tugboat? is the debut solo album from bass legend Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Stooges, etc.). Watt recruited an all-star group of musicians to participate in the recording, including Henry Rollins, members of Sonic Youth, Frank Black, Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl (their first appearance on a record since Cobain’s death), Red Hot Chili Peppers’s Flea, Nels Cline, Mike D and Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys, Eddie Vedder, J Mascis, and many others. This 20th anniversary pressing is the first since the original 1995 release, and is limited to 1,000 copies worldwide. The double vinyl album comes on two 180gram LPs, pressed at Pallas in Germany.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    demetrios said:

RW8297 said:
    First I've heard on the January 15th release.
    Thanks!

Pretty high though. $42.97 US? $60.67 CDN?

Yeah, it makes little to no sense to buy this reissue at that price. You can get the original blue one for less. Sure, used on discogs or ebay, but in perfect condition. I got mine for something like $30 CAD and it's in perfect condition except for a little mark on the album cover. And the original blue sounds so good - it's actually one of my best sounding albums.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    RW8297 said:

Zod said:

Yah I found a brand new sealed blue one on a record store website from Sweden. Ended up costing a little less than what I got rebated for the reissue. Probably wouldn't of ordered the reissue if I bothered to see how hard the original was to obtain :)

Where did you find it? What website in Norway? Do they have more copies?
    http://www.recordpalace.com/?p=record&rec=5149

It says sold so I'm guessing it was the only one. It's kind of odd but a while ago I was trying to find the 3rd Audioslave record (revelations?). I don't think its superare but it is out of print. It seemed like $70 to $100 USD to buy one from north america, but some googling tracked down some sealed ones still being sold on an online record store in Northern Europe.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    wow. I have the original pressing... doesn't sound the best but....
    that's pretty steep for a Mike Watt record.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jazzbo26 said:
    $44.99 US. Damn. Why the hell are these reissues so frigging expensive? :/
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    demetrios said:

jazzbo26 said:
    $44.99 US. Damn. Why the hell are these reissues so frigging expensive? :/
    You can get the original blue one for less on ebay or discogs.
  • Options
    This one is new - and it is pressed at Pallas in Germany - I really enjoy the records I get from there!!!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    hmmmmm........I just bought a bunch of shit to reshelve and re-sleeve my vinyl collection
    gonna have to pass on this one.... probably regret it later.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

This one is new - and it is pressed at Pallas in Germany - I really enjoy the records I get from there!!!

Yeah, the reissue is new... but I got an original for $35 CAD that wasn't sealed, but as good as new... Plus, the original is one of my best-sounding LPs. No one even knows how good the sound is on the reissue.
  • Options
    my buddy checked and didnt have a double so I ordered on discogs for 35 an original
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, the reissue is new... but I got an original for $35 CAD that wasn't sealed, but as good as new... Plus, the original is one of my best-sounding LPs. No one even knows how good the sound is on the reissue.
    fair enough - but every record I have that has come from Pallas is top-notch. I would like blue, as I am a sucker for colored vinyl. But can't seem to find out where it was pressed.