Options

Has any of the band been to a Dead show.

nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
I know they just missed each other in 95. And who going to Chicago this July?????

Comments

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Mail order request in the mail and hotel reserved! I'll be there unless tix fall through. Almost everyone I know who ever went to their shows is going (or trying to).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    Jeff has mentioned a few times about seeing the GD. Vegas was one of them with his brother.
    Ed has met Jerry, accordingly to what Simon Townshend said. I can't find out anything more than that but I need details!
    Yup to Chicago
  • Options
    Cool. That's right about Jeff. Yep hotel and flight booked. Fingers crossed on mail order
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Cool as hell that Trey is playing with them too. If I was anywhere nearby I would be there.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Was thinking GD should offer PJ their stage to play after they are done, again. I could try to knock off 2 of some my most regretted missed shows. Had tix for GD in '95. Chose not to go and was not aware that PJ was playing after. Thought I catch them some other time. Then Jerry gone. I am 90% going in July. I think Fri and Sat. 10% on the lake because that is what is done on the 4th. \:D/ b-(
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    saw the dead in 77' rochester for the first time. epic. always loved and still love the dead. miss jerry.
  • Options
    Wouldn't miss the LAST ONE for anything!
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
    2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
    2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • Options
    fingers crossed I get tickets......I'm assuming it will be a tough ticket.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Isoworld13 wrote: »
    Wouldn't miss the LAST ONE for anything!
    I'm hopeful they'll headline at this summer's Outside Lands Festival in Golden Gate Park.
    After all, it is their backyard and where they got their start playing for free on the back of a flat bed truck.
    It would only seem fitting to say a final "goodbye" to the home town family.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    a band I could never get into...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Saw them at the Manhattan Ballroom in new York City in 1971. Pigpen was still alive. Great show. Great crowd.
    Hold On
  • Options
    To keep on topic it seems that Jeff is the only confirmed member to see a GD show? I'm betting Boom caught a show.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    To be on topic, I know for a FACT that vedder has seen the dead live even when Jerry was alive. Hung out with one of vedders friends at msg in 98 and the dude told me how him and vedder saw the dead, I want to say either Milwaukee or New Orleans.
  • Options
    Nice BB- thanks
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited January 2015
    To be on topic, What in the world is going on in this thread?
  • Options
    a band I could never get into...

To stay on topic, Me either. I hate them.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    To be on topic, I know for a FACT that vedder has seen the dead live even when Jerry was alive. Hung out with one of vedders friends at msg in 98 and the dude told me how him and vedder saw the dead, I want to say either Milwaukee or New Orleans.

To keep on topic, Fact? Prove it. How do you know for a fact that Ed saw the dead live?
  • Options
    Hmmmm, good point Scott. The guy could've been bullshitting me for my nugs. He seemed like a legit dude.
  • Options
    Ed told me he saw the Dead in the mid-west when he was younger growing up there. I told him I use to follow the Dead, but when Jerry's playing started to fall off in the 90's I switched to Pearl Jam. He seemed slightly concerned that I was critiquing Jerry's playing.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    Hmmmm, good point Scott. The guy could've been bullshitting me for my nugs. He seemed like a legit dude.

To stay on topic, who would go to a dead show for nugs?
  • Options
    You ever hear of shakedown alley? Go to enough dead shows and you see it ALL
  • Options
    I'm trying to stay on point hear, but what the hell is shakedown ally? Is it another bad dead song? Or is it where "ed" supposedly talked to you at a dead show?
  • Options
    It's a right of passage when you go see the dead. I went back in 94 to the sports arena in LA. What a show both inside and out. I wonder if any of the boys walked down that ally.
  • Options
    To keep on topic, there's no way any of the boys did something as silly as that.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    gona be a great weekend... hotel booked, flight booked, tickets coming soon.... dont tell me this town ain't got no heart, when i can hear it beat out loud