Options

Whats the deal with this UPS tracking email?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    Anyone that thinks this is good business practice for a million dollar company must have eaten paint chips as a kid and the paint chips were blue and they came off the bus they were riding. Yeah, I just said that. Bazinga.
    It was a tiny bus, so how much harmful paint could they of actually ate.
    Kat wrote:
    14. Your postings reflect upon you.
    You do realize that you just made the same comment but directed it right at someone instead of using they or them as a broad sweep . Mine was a joke but yours was a perfect example of a high minded hypocrite. You should feel ashamed.:)

• Options
    Hey guys - just feel sorry for the people that aren't in the US and are still waiting for any sign of a delivery! *yes - I want my records just as much as you guys do and it still has to get to Australia whinge*.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    edited January 2015
    I don't mind waiting - after all these months, I'm surprised that people are.suddenly getting impatient. My prob with the shipping comes in when considering the price vs the service. The service that we get right now (slow, no tracking outside of the US) shouldn't cost more than maybe $12. But I'm paying $30+. That is unacceptable.

The fact that Mail Innovations carts these packages around on multi-state ramblings before they land where they are supposed to go is also unacceptable considering that 10C supposedly chose them because they're more environmentally sound. Seems to me they eat up more fuel by at least double, probably triple. Wtf is that??? My last vault actually went from Seattle, down to Arizona I think it was, back to Seattle, and finally up to Vancouver. :-??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    My last vault actually went from Seattle, down to Arizona I think it was, back to Seattle, and finally up to Vancouver.

Wow. That is messed up. Good thing no one else has that tale of whoa about their order.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    edited January 2015
    I suppose that was sarcasm??
    I know that everyone's order did the same kind of thing. That was the point of my post.
    Tale of "whoa" is funny btw.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    The email says estimated delivery date 1/15/2015 but when you try and track it, it says the label was created and it hasnt even left the for delivery. Why would you even send an email if this was the case? Is this a joke? is anyone else getting tired of this crap? I know its not the end of the world but when I pay for something close to 6 months ago, i guess i expect more, Am i wrong?

same here man
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    We're now 1 week after label creation and UPS still doesn't have it in their hands. I never seen this kind of delay between label creation and actual shipping before from 10C. :-S
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    It's pretty slow poor service. I emailed inquiring and didn't get a response. Come on man.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    reedj66reedj66 Posts: 29
    All complaints regarding the shipping process aside, my concern is that the shipping information will not be updated and the package will be sitting on my front porch in the rain, or carted off by wild coyotes, or used as a litter box by the pack of feral cat packs that roam the streets, or eaten by zombies.

Has anyone received their shipment even though the UPS site info indicates only the label has been created?
    2000 - New Orleans
    2003 - New Orleans
    2010 - New Orleans
    2012 - Pensacola
    2013 - Wrigley, New Orleans, Dallas
    2014 - Austin, Austin, Memphis
    2016 - New Orleans
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    reedj66 wrote: »
    All complaints regarding the shipping process aside, my concern is that the shipping information will not be updated and the package will be sitting on my front porch in the rain, or carted off by wild coyotes, or used as a litter box by the pack of feral cat packs that roam the streets, or eaten by zombies.

Has anyone received their shipment even though the UPS site info indicates only the label has been created?

My friend just picked up a package from the post office that was attempted to be delivered on Saturday. It was her Vault. Her tracking never updated. It still shows that it's only been processed.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I wonder how long the mail innovations contract is?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    if this delay is true, UPS Mail Innovations is anything but innovative.
    10 Club needs to stop doing this, it's simply counterproductive i.e. Vault #3 vinyl in 2013 went all over the place before being delivered...
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    So, did some ship Mail Innovations and others UPS Ground? Mine came via Ground and my tracking updated along the way. Seeing as RP112579's friend picked their pkg up at the Post Office, that tells me that some went Fail Innovations. I'd say therein lies the problem with not receiving updates. And that actually doesn't make much sense if they used two different shipping methods.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Tuesday, 01/27/2015, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Departed - Redmond, WA, United States, Wednesday, 01/21/2015
    i like sound...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    cluster
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    Got the email on the 12th.....scheduled delivery was the 19th......tracking still not updated,,,hmm
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited January 2015
    This is turning into a joke.2 Weeks and it still hasn't left the warehouse. Why even print the label? Pretty disappointing service. An update posted on the site would be nice or a response to an email....
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    why does it take 10+ days to get these things on a truck?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    ComeToTX wrote: »
    why does it take 10+ days to get these things on a truck?
    Very good question!!!
    ~X(
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    But people have been receiving them, right? My tracking is still not updated either. Odd.
  • Options
    But people have been receiving them, right? My tracking is still not updated either. Odd.
    Mine hasn't updated in 2 weeks now either!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    derbydave wrote: »
    Mine hasn't updated in 2 weeks now either!!

Mine just started showing signs of life! :bz

Sure feel sorry for my vinyl, hope he wasn't too lonely and afraid for the 12 days that nothing was happening!

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Redmond, WA, United States 01/21/2015 12:10 A.M. Departure Scan
    Redmond, WA, United States 01/20/2015 10:56 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Seattle, WA, United States 01/20/2015 10:32 P.M. Departure Scan
    01/20/2015 6:28 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 01/08/2015 6:04 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'd rather it not update at all then to tell me it's gone from Sea to TX to ME to OH to KY to NJ to TN to NV and finally back to NJ
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I don't see the big deal that people have gone 10 days without a tracking update. Santos posted that they were generating the shipping labels to speed up the shipping process. I could see that it had to do with some sort of inventory audit, also. These still aren't technically late by the original shipping estimate from the preorder.

It may seem like a clusterfuck, but if you have a presence on the board, they've actually done a decent job of keeping us in the loop.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Mine is on its way. Seems like alot of tracking updates went live in the last few days.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    j3brow1j3brow1 Posts: 37
    reedj66 wrote: »

Hey reedj66, think I saw your jeep roaming Baton Rouge, IIRC. Either way nice plates bro. Yep, I'm still waiting for my vault vinyl to hit BR too.
    the all encompassing trip
  • Options
    Mine is on its way. Seems like alot of tracking updates went live in the last few days.

Mine finally went out last night:
    Seattle, WA, United States
    01/22/2015 9:02 P.M. Departure Scan
    01/22/2015 6:32 P.M. Origin Scan

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Thursday, 01/29/2015, By End of Day

• Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    almost 2 weeks since I received UPS email and still nothing...
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013